Immigration woes —- Again?

FolkGuitar

1 hour ago, Dellboy218 said:

Arrived Promenada immigration at 0500 and am about No. 50.  I turned down the kind offer of a well known local organization to do it for me for 7800B.  It's obvious that most of these are line sitters.  For future reference bring some anti mossy spray.  With Dengue prevalent in parts of Chiang Mai perhaps they could put some anti mosquito lamps up!

Let us know how you get on Dellboy? Thanks a lot and the very best of luck to you

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought by now, with the move back to the Airport site imminent, that CM Immigration would post something on their web site as to the expected date ,even a guess would be better than the current silence.

Anybody who is a situation of extending their visa now you deserves total sympathy,it sounds more  shambolic than usual.

Retirement and student visas in the same line ? ?

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I thought by now, with the move back to the Airport site imminent, that CM Immigration would post something on their web site as to the expected date ,even a guess would be better than the current silence.

Anybody who is a situation of extending their visa now you deserves total sympathy,it sounds more  shambolic than usual.

Retirement and student visas in the same line ? ?

Well the queue was stretched to the end of the covered section by the car wash.  They did start the line moving at 0800 though.  Someone posted the other day that they had also renewed a 1 year lease on the current site so anybody guess!

1 hour ago, Dellboy218 said:

No idea how long these have been out but the first time I have had to fill them in for a Retirement extension........

Immigration 1.pdf

immigration 2.pdf

Not necessary 2 weeks ago, looks like the new boss in town is going OTT? Speaking to a Thai lady today who provides immigration services and she was most uncomplimentary about the new ptb.

43 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Maybe these should be added to pinned topic.Presume you were given as you were applying ? Dont recall anyone mentioning them before.

Yep, stack of them on the desk where the official  checks your documents.

39 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

More paperwork,what will they come up with next ?

regards Worgeordie

Common sense?

(don't hold your breath)

PS; Who/what/when/where has this "new boss" come from and when and what has this "new boss" got to do with the CM Immigration scandal?

Nothing has changed in 20 years except the location of the "Zoo"!

I suspect those two forms are required for all extensions now.  I had to sign them about three weeks ago when renewing my marriage extension.  Incidentally, they only required one copy so I assume this stays with your records at the office so you can't argue about the consequences if you overstay or break the rules in general.

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

I looked at those 2 pdfs from  Immig.  Seems all the say to the signer is that 'if you bad boy/girl we can throw you out'.  

The same thing could have been achieved with a couple of signs

on the immigration office wall,but no,use more paper.

regards worgeordie

18 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

state No idea how long these have been out but the first time I have had to fill them in for a Retirement extension........

Immigration 1.pdf

immigration 2.pdf

I would presume these forms are for everyone meaning:  Family and Marriage and Retirement. I remember them last year, or at least one of them.

This one is new I think. Does this section that my kids can now support me when over 18 and if they make the required $? And does this mean that it is a permit to stay that has a golden lining that cannot only change if you die? Interesting. 

image.png.8a9923b1db0c04dd3e81bc8a22763d0b.png

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I would presume these forms are for everyone meaning:  Family and Marriage and Retirement. I remember them last year, or at least one of them.

This one is new I think. Does this section that my kids can now support me when over 18 and if they make the required $? And does this mean that it is a permit to stay that has a golden lining that cannot only change if you die? Interesting. 

image.png.8a9923b1db0c04dd3e81bc8a22763d0b.png

No, what this means is that if you have a marriage visa or a visa because you're taking care of a Thai child and your wife or Thai child dies, they won't make you leave the country immediatly -- you'll get to stay until your current permission to stay expires.

This is in stark contrast to foreign spouses who are dependents on retirement visas of their foreigner spouses.  When the primary visa holder dies, the dependent's permission to stay ends immediately and the survivor can apply for a seven day extension to clear out of the country and make other visa arrangements.

This is why I don't like the practice of an expat married couple "sharing" one visa.  The surviving spouse has a big problem when the visa holder dies.  At least when a foreigner is married to a Thai person, they have some time to sort their life after the death of their Thai spouse.  They have a year to sell the land they inherit and usually some time left on the permission to stay of their marriage visa extension.

17 minutes ago, NancyL said:

No, what this means is that if you have a marriage visa or a visa because you're taking care of a Thai child and your wife or Thai child dies, they won't make you leave the country immediatly -- you'll get to stay until your current permission to stay expires.

This is in stark contrast to foreign spouses who are dependents on retirement visas of their foreigner spouses.  When the primary visa holder dies, the dependent's permission to stay ends immediately and the survivor can apply for a seven day extension to clear out of the country and make other visa arrangements.

This is why I don't like the practice of an expat married couple "sharing" one visa.  The surviving spouse has a big problem when the visa holder dies.  At least when a foreigner is married to a Thai person, they have some time to sort their life after the death of their Thai spouse.  They have a year to sell the land they inherit and usually some time left on the permission to stay of their marriage visa extension.

Yeah, I posted it as a question on the standard visa section and UBJ let me know. I should stop getting excited when I see something as it usually is not the happy case here as read it wrong. For the foreign couple on retirement, such love and courtesy is given. Not! Your spouse dies and you are whammed and have notice to get out of dodge asap. In a sense totally unsympathetic. Anyway, thanks for the break down Nancy. Appreciate it! 

Archived