Immigration woes —- Again?

FolkGuitar

On 5/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, FolkGuitar said:

I have to give credit to my wife. She's remarkably organized.

Once a year she spends 30 minutes photocopying all our documents; the forms that we will need every 90 days for reporting plus the envelopes to mail them in, all the forms for the one-year visa renewal, etc.  Everything that will be needed for the upcoming year, without the dates on them. We haven't 'filled out' a form in years, only added dates and signatures, and the occasional departure card number.

Then... when the time rolls around, all we need to do is sign and date the forms, add what ever recent documents might be needed (TM-30, Bank Statements, etc.) and either drop them off at the post office or spend an hour or two at Immigration.

... and I don't even have to pay her 12,000 baht to do it!

You get that free. However, if she is Thai let me suggest it's very unlikely she is not costing you in other ways. Although we do get the occasional BS artist on here claiming he gives his Thai wife/GF nothing. If she is a Westerner, she can cost you half your assets in an eyeblink.

I pay the 12,000 baht, relax and read all the whinger stories.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

What it "meant" when I went last Wed (16May see post #1874) was that only 2 of the first 6 stools were actually occupied by 2 "seat sitters" at 2 AM who ALSO set up the other 4 stools given up to 2 families of 7 persons who arrived at 7:30AM.

I didn't know about the activities of these agents.

In this case, it is unethical to 'book' a seat if there are no people on the stool for hours and also not fair to others. I can just put a stool there overnight and come back the next morning.

It is only valid if the seat is vacant for no more than 15 minutes.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You get that free. However, if she is Thai let me suggest it's very unlikely she is not costing you in other ways. Although we do get the occasional BS artist on here claiming he gives his Thai wife/GF nothing. If she is a Westerner, she can cost you half your assets in an eyeblink.

I pay the 12,000 baht, relax and read all the whinger stories.

She is not Thai.  Note that they both submit the forms. 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Amazing how many guys here say "she's different". Must be a majority of them.

Do you mean as if she's a human being?  You falang guys are all the same.  Identical. ?

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Amazing how many guys here say "she's different". Must be a majority of them.

Well sure.  She is the best cook, the best cleaner, the best lover, the best of everything...

Too bad while some guys are out playing golf or she is "meet friend", they are coming to my room or the room of many other guys for a really good time and a few xtra dinero.

Such is the wonderful life in Thailand.....

My last comment here having finally gotten my visa renewed at Promenada.  They only have ONE agent working the medical, education, and retirement.  The waiting room had less than half as many people in it as I've seen in the past.  So there's the problem, few que numbers because they are improperly staffed.  So if you're in a pinch for the renewal either go about 3am or hire an agent or line sitter.  Good luck!

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Well sure.  She is the best cook, the best cleaner, the best lover, the best of everything...

Too bad while some guys are out playing golf or she is "meet friend", they are coming to my room or the room of many other guys for a really good time and a few xtra dinero.

Such is the wonderful life in Thailand.....

Stupid comments from people with nothing to do clutter my inbox and is why I so rarely bother with posting anything on Thaivisa.  

34 minutes ago, sletraveler said:

Stupid comments from people with nothing to do clutter my inbox and is why I so rarely bother with posting anything on Thaivisa.  

Well, I sure hope at some point you figure it out.

I realize the truth can be painful.

Good luck to you......

20 hours ago, Bill97 said:

She is not farang either. She is however very special.

Very true. My wife of 23 years is VERY special. She is neither Thai nor farang, has her own income stream so doesn't require a monthly allowance from me, is an excellent cook, and a wonderful companion. It took to three tries at marriage to find her, but it was worth the wait. She's the part of me that I'm missing. I'm the part of her that she's missing. She is my friend.

For those of you with less, I wish you the good fortune that I found.

21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, I sure hope at some point you figure it out.

I realize the truth can be painful.

Good luck to you......

The guy on the adjacent bar stool probably agrees with you.  But I don't. 

Immigration could solve all this by issuing queue tickets for the next day when they run out. I wonder what could stop them from doing this.

Lack of initiative.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask the "5 Why's" ** to get to the root cause(s) of a problem.  In this case we don't even have to ask 5 times.

Why #1:  Immigration could solve all this by issuing queue tickets for the next day when they run out.

I wonder what could stop them from doing this?

Answer:   Lack of initiative.

Why #2:   Why the lack of initiative?

Answer:   Lack of kickback from the visa service companies.

Stop.        The root cause of the problem has been identified.

**"The 5 Whys is a technique used in the Analyze phase of the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) methodology. ... By repeatedly asking the question “Why” (five is a good rule of thumb), you can peel away the layers of symptoms which can lead to the root cause of a problem."

"5 Whys. 5 Whys is an iterative interrogative technique used to explore the cause-and-effect relationships underlying a particular problem. ... Not all problems have a single root cause. If one wishes to uncover multiple root causes, the method must be repeated asking a different sequence of questions each time."

3 hours ago, OneZero said:

Why #2:   Why the lack of initiative?

Answer:   Lack of kickback from the visa service companies.

Stop.        The root cause of the problem has been identified.

This is the relevant part of the post. Thank you. 

But if you point it out, the mugs who pay agents will say you are "moaning" and should go back to your home country. 

It will never change unless there is enough protest and complaints. 

• 4 weeks later...

We’re sitting on line...  8am....  must be 150 people waiting for retirement visa extensions. I’m sitting in chair #9. My line sitter got here at 2am. So much for ‘low season’ slowdown. People still piling in. Line extends well past the end of the building. Damn.....

Nice to see you contributing to corruption.

8 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Such impressive intellect, hiring a line sitter contributes to corruption?  Exactly how does that work?

Rather than hire a line sitter we expect you to protest the unfairness of it all by refusing to participate in a corrupt system and refusing to get your visa renewed under those inhumane circumstances, that'll show 'em you mean serious about all of this.

11 hours ago, LarryBird said:

Nice to see you contributing to corruption.

The nice thing about corruption is that it works so very well in keeping things moving.

If you don't like the local system, feel free to leave. It's not going to change because you don't care for it, and we aren't going to miss you.

6 hours ago, amexpat said:

Yeah, Love It Or Leave It.   The TV CM motto. Applies to almost everything. 

When a prayer gets shared as often as this one, it's safe to say there is wisdom in its words.

Grant me the serenity 
To accept the things I cannot change; 
Courage to change the things I can; 
And wisdom to know the difference. 

Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Taking this world 
As it is, not as I would have it.

"Grant me the serenity 

Taking this world 
As it is, not as I would have it."

Say FolkGuitar in saffron robes and shaved noggin as he feeds the pigeons while sitting on the park bench.

To me the biggest frustration is after all that early shitte is finished, and you turn up later and the lines are mixed and people don't seem to understand what line is for what and then the Chinese turn up, cutting in and not giving a ship about you or anyone...

18 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"Grant me the serenity 

Taking this world 

Say FolkGuitar in saffron robes and shaved noggin as he feeds the pigeons while sitting on the park bench.

To me the biggest frustration is after all that early shitte is finished, and you turn up later and the lines are mixed and people don't seem to understand what line is for what and then the Chinese turn up, cutting in and not giving a ship about you or anyone...

I actually liked guitars poetry. ?

Hey, as far as the Chinese if they cut in front of me which they often do at 7-11, I get in front of them and give them a shoulder.  Never had one dispute me. I am 6-3  they are mostly 5-3 so good luck to them.

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

"Grant me the serenity 

Taking this world 

When I was there it was a Frenchy that cut into the front of the line.  Happened shortly after I got there so the scuffle was over but the rude one prevailed apparently.

3 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

When a prayer gets shared as often as this one, it's safe to say there is wisdom in its words.

Grant me the serenity 

Taking this world 
As it is, not as I would have it.

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"Grant me the serenity 

Taking this world 

Nothing in that prayer about turning the other cheek, is there?  ?

It says; 'To accept the things I cannot change;  Courage to change the things I can; 

If you are unable to stand up for yourself, that's something you need to work on.

Some monks are Shaolin....  ?

Do my Marriage Extension on Monday. Let's see if things have changed this year. My Agent has said to me it is just getting busier. Many friends are saying the Lines as the day goes sometimes get messy. I have not been into Immigration for a full year, so let us see how it has changed and to see how slow or quick it is. Most years, I do not spend more than 1 1/2 hours there from start to finish. Be interesting in the least.

Archived