Immigration woes —- Again?

FolkGuitar

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, elektrified said:

Just go at 13:00. Problem solved!

What is your secret that allows instant access to this utopian world at PROM which few seem able to access? 

Only you and a tiny minority "claim" to turn up at whatever time with no problems.  

Just now, scottiejohn said:

What is your secret that allows instant access to this utopian world at PROM which few seem able to access? 

Only you and a tiny minority "claim" to turn up at whatever time with no problems.  

Oh ye of little faith, it just a skill that some have perfected obviously. ?

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Wondering that as well...  

Massive single line queue this morning, later divided into 3 categories and promptly closed with 70 applicants total - shortly after 8:00.  What good would it have done to return at 8:30 or even 1:00 as suggested?  

thumbnail-1.jpeg

22 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Maybe try 45 days before your extension expires & if busy try again another day?  Avoid Mondays & Fridays, or days close to long weekend holidays?  Def easier to be flexible if you have your own transport.

1 minute ago, Samuel Smith said:

Maybe try 45 days before your extension expires & if busy try again another day?  Avoid Mondays & Fridays, or days close to long weekend holidays?  Def easier to be flexible if you have your own transport.

On that basis you could go every day for around 24 days to try to get a golden ticket, don't really think that is a very good option, particularly with the current cluster---ck.

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I too am calling B/S on his claims

10 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I too am calling B/S on his claims

He is not the only one to make such claims.  And think about it, if you knew a way to save time and money and increase convenience, would you advertise it broadly knowing that if many people did it, it would not work anymore?  Probably not.  

These threads prove how little so many know about CM Immigration and how so many are making it more difficult than it is.

1 minute ago, Dante99 said:

He is not the only one to make such claims.  And think about it, if you knew a way to save time and money and increase convenience, would you advertise it broadly knowing that if many people did it, it would not work anymore?  Probably not.  

These threads prove how little so many know about CM Immigration and how so many are making it more difficult than it is.

Ah I see, so YOU have got it all worked out and need no help.

Bully for you

7 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Ah I see, so YOU have got it all worked out and need no help.

Bully for you

I think most people have it all worked out.  Those with problems and endless complaints vocal on TV are most likely a small percentage of the total.  

10 hours ago, Dante99 said:

So what do you know about CM Immigration, that us lesser mortals are blissfully unaware of, which allows you "select few" to bypass the "difficulties" which you, and your little band of brothers, imply do not exist?

Please elucidate and share your infinite wisdom with the rest of us poor unfortunate souls.

BTW a few facts of how you achieve your miraculous Prom Imm activities, rather than just bland comments without any backup, would help justify this apparent Utopian world which your little band seem to live in.

8 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

And a few other names and phrases I can think of, although you have used the one I was going to use. 

I think it has a lot to do with the AK47 that he brandishes with aplomb as he makes his way through the queue lines to the front  lol

37 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I think it has a lot to do with the AK47 that he brandishes with aplomb as he makes his way through the queue lines to the front  lol

I think a "silencer"  has been fitted to the offensive weapon since I cannot hear any shots since a very recent question asked by myself above about the time of a certain "line sitter" has not been answered.   

So what do you know about CM Immigration, that us lesser mortals are blissfully unaware of, which allows you "select few" to bypass the "difficulties" which you, and your little band of brothers, imply do not exist?
Please elucidate and share your infinite wisdom with the rest of us poor unfortunate souls.
BTW a few facts of how you achieve your miraculous Prom Imm activities, rather than just bland comments without any backup, would help justify this apparent Utopian world which your little band seem to live in.

Bait bait bait.

Thousands of people use the services of C M Immigration. Most find a way to do so without much difficulty. It really is not a big deal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Thousands of people use the services of C M Immigration. Most find a way to do so without much difficulty

That is not in dispute. Many thousands will of course go to IMM and have no problem, but that is for mundane in/out procedures. What about the more complex retirement/marriage extensions etc?

You state you get to Imm at 1330 and are out within one hour.  You never state what you are doing there or how you achieve what you are implying you achieve in that time scale when the vast majority of posts and evidence is totally against you and the other minority who "up talk" CM Immigration.  

You seem to be in a different "Immigration Planet" than the rest of us and I, and I think many others, would love to see PROOF or evidence of how you and your ilk achieve this miraculous outcome that you claim.  

PS;  I assume you are disputing NancyL's  comments and all here work and post as well.

PPS; Sorry NancyL to use your name with asking but we are both fighting for Imm but from opposite sides of the table.

Thai Visa Assist in Chiang Mai Land charge 12,000 for retirement extension and multiple re-entry permit.

The old G4T, now called Best Friend Visa, charged 9200 for the same services (all inclusive of Imm fees). They're located around the bend from Prom, near Big C in a new shophouse construction. Dropped everything off at their office on a Thursday, at a time of my choosing (I chose 11:00AM). Then arranged to meet them at Immigration the next day. I asked for an afternoon time, and had a choice of 1 or 3PM. Chose 3. Was out in about 30 minutes.

Easy to see how they grease the skids in getting you thru the process. Sorry if that inconveniences the poverty or righteous crowd. But, for those of us with incontinence problems, certainly well worth it. Plus, the fee of 3500 baht is about what we paid for two steaks at Duke's -- and both well-worth it, but infrequent, situations. But, hard as I try, I'm still going to be leaving too much inheritance to worthless relatives. Sigh.

I got a quote from Thai Visa Assist in Chiang Mai Land yesterday afternoon.

They quoted me 5,885 baht including the 1,900 baht visa fee.

I thought that was quite reasonable, but I have heard of other companies offering the same service cheaper but I have not got round to speaking to them yet.

49 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

That is not in dispute. Many thousands will of course go to IMM and have no problem, but that is for mundane in/out procedures. What about the more complex retirement/marriage extensions etc?

You state you get to Imm at 1330 and are out within one hour.  You never state what you are doing there or how you achieve what you are implying you achieve in that time scale when the vast majority of posts and evidence is totally against you and the other minority who "up talk" CM Immigration.  

You seem to be in a different "Immigration Planet" than the rest of us and I, and I think many others, would love to see PROOF or evidence of how you and your ilk achieve this miraculous outcome that you claim.  

PS;  I assume you are disputing NancyL's  comments and all here work and post as well.

PPS; Sorry NancyL to use your name with asking but we are both fighting for Imm but from opposite sides of the table.

I've pretty much thrown in the towel.  Things were getting better, slowly and incrementally until the new provincial boss showed up around Songkran time.  His idea of mixing ed visa applicants with retirement visa applicants is a sure-fire recipe for disaster.  I'm no longer president of CM Expats Club or even on their Board.  I still hear the stories of suffering of the elderly members, but I now lack standing.  

Recently, I heard a story of a caregiver who had to come out to Prom. three days in a row to try to get a queue ticket for someone needing a medical extension.  The person was close to going on overstay and all the caregiver was told was "don't worry, come back tomorrow, we won't charge an overstay fine".  Err, don't you think that a caregiver has many other things to do than wait at Imm. for hours on end, in the same queue with the ed visa and retirement visa applicants hoping to obtain a queue number?  They're even pushing those on medical extensions into using visa agents when often they can ill afford it.  So much for the "priority lane", I guess.  The caregiver said no one knew anything about it.

If you are not aware of at least a couple of ways people can get out of immigration in an hour with a retirement extension, I can't be bothered to wake you up.

10 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

If you are not aware of at least a couple of ways people can get out of immigration in an hour with a retirement extension, I can't be bothered to wake you up.

A typical non comment from you and your ilk.  

I must assume from that non comment that you are a member of the "Magic Circle" and therefore unable to reveal the source of your magical ability to do what nearly every other mortal in CM cannot do.  

If not such a member please give an example of "at least a couple of ways people can get out of immigration in an hour with a retirement extension" if you can ?  The whole of the CM retirement population are awaiting agog for your amazing revelation(s).  I assume of course that you are not talking about "Agents/Line Sitters" or even something more dastardly are you, or is that too obvious?

PS; What does "I can't be bothered to wake you up." mean.  It as meaningful as your non comment(s) above.

He's baiting you SJ, just best not to rise to it.

Of course he can't get in and out that quickly unless he is in a relationship with an immigration officer.

I have been in CM a lot longer than most , never used a visa agent so far but have never been able to buck the system and I have never met anybody that has

48 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

There are only two ways to get in-and-out of CM Imm. quickly for a retirement extension year-after-year.  Either use an agent or be in a "relationship" with someone at Immigration.  

Sure, every so often you can get lucky, but not year-after-year.

11 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I got a quote from Thai Visa Assist in Chiang Mai Land yesterday afternoon.

They quoted me 5,885 baht including the 1,900 baht visa fee.

I thought that was quite reasonable, but I have heard of other companies offering the same service cheaper but I have not got round to speaking to them yet.

I am not as familiar with Chiang Mai, as I should be. Where is Chiang Mai Land and what is it. Also, is Thai Visa Assist easy to find once I am there? Thanks.

I have never used an agent, but it is not necessary in other offices if your papers are in order. From what I am reading Chiang Mai is different, and I may have to fall back on one.

Archived