WAS HE KILLED? Friends of Brit who plunged from Thai balcony while going through bitter divorce believe he was MURDERED

webfact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The original thaivisa thread (and the sun story it links to) said the guy was living with the new girlfriend, the new girlfriend was asleep in bed when he jumped.

There needs to be an investigation to find out who would gain/lose from his divorce or gain/lose from him dying .

I cannot think of any conceivable way that the GF could gain from him dying or lose out if the divorce went through .

The only possible situation would be if the GF was working together with the wife . 

Pretty sure the original report also mentioned his new partner being present at the scene. I assume she is also the one photographed crying next to the body. So how was he murdered without her noticing. Doesn't make sense as far as I can see.

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

The loyalty of his friends is very touching.

However he got himself into the financial strife not his ex or his last g/f.

He had no way of paying it back, he knew he was facing a life of penury and probably believed he couldnt return home as he would be mocked ( rightly or wrongly).

Suicide happens all over the world.

The usual suspects making the sneering uninformed anti police posts are loving this as it allows them to live out their rabid anti thai fantasies.

Well, your name says it all, doesn't it?

I do think, however, that deaths of foreigners are not high on the police's radar.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I don't see any such posts !! Is it wrong to question a police conclusion ?? Police are human, they get things wrong too..

Damn sure if it was a friend of yours or a family member, you wouldn't be so flippant 

Dont see such oosts? Read anything by ezzra.

Tens of thousands of  lonely farangs have married bar hookers over the past 30 years. It makes you wonder how many of them are being ripped off throughout the entire marriage.  Probably most of them.

They all send money back to the 'family' without knowing whats really going on.

There could of been another farang  involved who wanted  the old Brit's money left with the ex hooker wife. Court case looming so why take the  risk?

Dead farangs are nothing in Thailand. Cops couldnt care one bit.

The story of the Dutch kid who dropped off the balcony of a ladyboys room has vanished from the media.

His family is likely here now and getting nowhere fast with the embassy and police.

Accident.  pay the morgue fees  and go home.

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

'But John was determined to fight. His father was a lawyer and he'd learned every trick in the book.

He learned every trick in the book yet he was penniless.  Sounds like he missed out on a few of the tricks in the "book".

2 minutes ago, torrzent said:

He learned every trick in the book yet he was penniless.  Sounds like he missed out on a few of the tricks in the "book".

He should of paid a Dowry, he would of been ok then :)

If he was dead before he went over that autopsy be able to show if he was.

RIP MAN. It is very rare to get a bar girl who is genuine, most of them have a Thai partner. My first one did and I walked.

This is too much of a bother and paper work for the Thai Police. 

There must have been some property or something for him to be able to claim a legal share in the divorce, other wise his best bet would have been to just walk, and no lawyers fees.

It does stink, In the west the Police would be into this in no time.

24 minutes ago, lanista said:

Tens of thousands of  lonely farangs have married bar hookers over the past 30 years. It makes you wonder how many of them are being ripped off throughout the entire marriage.  Probably most of them.

They all send money back to the 'family' without knowing whats really going on.

There could of been another farang  involved who wanted  the old Brit's money left with the ex hooker wife. Court case looming so why take the  risk?

Dead farangs are nothing in Thailand. Cops couldnt care one bit.

The story of the Dutch kid who dropped off the balcony of a ladyboys room has vanished from the media.

His family is likely here now and getting nowhere fast with the embassy and police.

Accident.  pay the morgue fees  and go home.

that's a little bit strong.bar hookers as you call them are FORCED into being a bar girls.who have to keep mothers,lazy good for nothing fathers,boy friends and husbands who get them pregnant,then they piss off leaving the GF and kid.so please have a little bit of sympathy in your life.

30 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Pretty sure the original report also mentioned his new partner being present at the scene. I assume she is also the one photographed crying next to the body. So how was he murdered without her noticing. Doesn't make sense as far as I can see.

Guess you're not here long enough.

In Thailand on Thaivisa foreigners don't just die or commit suicide, they are ALL murdered

1 minute ago, meatboy said:

that's a little bit strong.bar hookers as you call them are FORCED into being a bar girls.who have to keep mothers,lazy good for nothing fathers,boy friends and husbands who get them pregnant,then they piss off leaving the GF and kid.so please have a little bit of sympathy in your life.

True for some. Others just love the money and the lifestyle. 

10 minutes ago, meatboy said:

hookers as you call them are FORCED into being a bar girls.

Used many, only found one that was slightly pressured.

Mostly women too lazy to get a proper job, mixed with drunks, druggies, party girls, and girls who enjoy the random sex.

Did he jump or was he pushed?

Probably pushed, but nobody really cares about another dead foreigner.

The verdict will always be 'jumped' because they don't want to discourage more foreigners from coming.

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

They never learn...  'ex-hooker'  just DON'T DO IT Thais just don't have the same ethical system (i.e. they don't have one) as the West so don't take the chance!  easy!

I thought they had exactly the same ethical system as the west.

In a divorce, wife gets everything!

Was he murdered? This fella gets to 68, presumedly without any major accidents in his life, and a few days out from a divorce hearing he ‘falls’ from a balcony. What do you think?

No autopsy that may have revealed the  cause of death to be poisoning/strangulation/head trauma from blunt object? 

I wouldn’t trust a ‘hooker’ back home, most are scheming thieves....why do so many guys think Thai ‘hookers’ are any different? They are NOT like the average Thai women, despite what they try to convince themselves...

23 minutes ago, meatboy said:

For some it is honor your parents by giving yours self up, or something like that, but many also like the party, easy life, good life, pick their customers, good food, travels, and hopefully a trip or two abroad. In some areas there is this fairytale about being a bar girl (thei give service to customers, not selling their body) work a little bit, and then off to paradise city. 

Others can not hold a job for a week, and it is easier for them to <deleted> for money, and they get stuck in the system for decades.

But some is really good, take good care, enjoy, have fun, drink little and are smart. Keep themselves fit and heatlhy, and never get involved emotionally. So many different girls with so many different approaches. And so many different bars where some is treating the girls good and some not. 

29 minutes ago, meatboy said:

FORCED into being bargirls? What rubbish...There is zero unemployment in Thailand, jobs are everywhere. Most choose the barfirl life because they are uneducated, lazy and compared to many jobs in Thailand, they earn good money. Over many years, I’ve seen hundreds of gorgeous young Thai girls making my hotel bed and scrubbing toilets for 10 hours a day, 300 baht a day. Others, for example, iron clothes all day for less. Restaurant waitresses earn a pittance...

They could earn more drinking/smoking/chatting in a bar all day, and doing the odd barfine, but they have morals and self-respect, and CHOOSE not to...

Archived