Can I teach in Thailand?

OP, there are still jobs available. Best is to print some sets of your resume out, go to some schools in person and you'll find a job.

www.ajarn.com is very helpful. Please google AYC and GEC, booth agencies in Bangkok always seeking teachers for schools. Good luck! 

10 hours ago, Loaded said:

Direct quotes from official sources? just one.

Over to you.

PS

no blogs with 'quotes' from digital gonads thank you.

Senior immigration officer Thawatchai Changoern was referenced as saying the following regarding digital nomads.

He noted that online work for overseas companies that pay overseas is not prohibited but that the person will need to get a visa to stay longer, currently there is no new visa for these kinds of people.

I'm not sure that many senior immigration officers write blogs.

If you think they do then so be it.
But they do write the laws and policy on government websites. There's no evidence on any of these that foreigners teaching online in Thailand are not covered by education, immigration, labor and revenue law.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you are on a Thai visa, living in the country regardless of catagory it's my opinion that it would be folly to think you are not subject to income tax. You may skirt the law, but I think you are liable for it. You are generating income from goods or services inside the country. How can this not be so? You would have to believe not that there is void in law - but exemption.

If you are a teaching here, and hold non residence visa I think it even more so than a digital gonad whose days are numbered anyway. These days it seems, everyone gets a year to screw around here, then the hammer comes down.

Just because one official spouts off, this does not make law. Truth is we don't know but I find it impossible to think Thailand will exempt this revenue stream.

2 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

If you are on a Thai visa, living in the country regardless of catagory it's my opinion that it would be folly to think you are not subject to income tax. You may skirt the law, but I think you are liable for it. You are generating income from goods or services inside the country. How can this not be so? You would have to believe not that there is void in law - but exemption.

If you are a teaching here, and hold non residence visa I think it even more so than a digital gonad whose days are numbered anyway. These days it seems, everyone gets a year to screw around here, then the hammer comes down.

Just because one official spouts off, this does not make law. Truth is we don't know but I find it impossible to think Thailand will exempt this revenue stream.

Of course if you are teaching here and being paid here you will pay tax.

Is there a revenue stream on digital nomad earnings? Who says they bring the money here? Of course there will be tax paid but in the country where the money is being earned.

If you are here and running real estate in the US, for example, then you would pay tax in US. If you are teaching online and you are registered a resident of UK then you would pay tax there.

Maybe, in the future, Thailand may do something about this. It would be good for them to allow this to happen, maybe govern it and make money out of it, rather that deem it illegal and see all of the digital nomads leave for somewhere else.

20 hours ago, Loaded said:

But they do write the laws and policy on government websites. There's no evidence on any of these that foreigners teaching online in Thailand are not covered by education, immigration, labor and revenue law.

And...you are yet to show evidence that they are. Whereas, there has been more than one example of government officials saying that there is currently no law to cover such activity.

And...you are yet to show evidence that they are. Whereas, there has been more than one example of government officials saying that there is currently no law to cover such activity.
Jeez

The laws that apply to all foreigners, don't apply to you because you say so!!!!!

What kind of drugs are you people taking?

I've actually heard through the grapevine that you crims have now been noticed.

1 minute ago, Loaded said:

Jeez

The laws that apply to all foreigners, don't apply to you because you say so!!!!!

What kind of drugs are you people taking?

I've actually heard through the grapevine that you crims have now been noticed.

Nothing to do with me. The laws you talk about have no affect on my life. I would be grateful if you would hold back on the insults.

I'm just trying to point out what had been said. You seem to have so much bias and hatred towards online workers that your judgement is being clouded.

Archived