Black water again flowing into the Pattaya / Jomtien sea

Lumbini

The pool at condo in Jomtien I rent has such dirty water like most pools in that area so I started doing my swim workouts in the ocean but over the past year seems like the ocean gets dirtier and dirtier and also the beach going downhill with trash everywhere there and after reading this today ( link below and I'm sure same situation all down the coast from Pattaya and Jomtien ) it kind of confirms things I have noticed doing long ocean swims over the year of things going from bad to really really nasty . It's nice to have the ocean retreat so close to Bangkok if you want a second place to escape from Bangkok but the dirty water , and trash all over beach and homeless dogs with rabies everywhere kind of spoil what could be a close healthy getaway from Bangkok . Does anyone know of a beautiful clean beach close to Bangkok with pristine water to do long ocean swims in a take long runs on ? It seems the Pattaya / Jomtien area seems to go downhill daily but possibly there is an unspoiled spot close I don't know ?

The source conceded the images of black water flowing into the Pattaya / Jomtien sea have had an impact on tourism.

I've owned condos at about a dozen different condo projects and I've never had an ongoing problem with a dirty swimming pool at any of them.  Once or twice there were problems with the filter at one of the complexes and a temporary filter was used while the filter was fixed but even then the pool water was safe enough to swim in.  If you enjoy swimming as exercise (me, too), I would look for a condo complex to rent at that maintains its pool--check with the residents and maybe do some spot checks of the pool on different days before deciding.  If a complex isn't maintaining its pool its probably letting other things slide, as well.

I've owned condos at about a dozen different condo projects and I've never had an ongoing problem with a dirty swimming pool at any of them.  Once or twice there were problems with the filter at one of the complexes and a temporary filter was used while the filter was fixed but even then the pool water was safe enough to swim in.  If you enjoy swimming as exercise (me, too), I would look for a condo complex to rent at that maintains its pool--check with the residents and maybe do some spot checks of the pool on different days before deciding.  If a complex isn't maintaining its pool its probably letting other things slide, as well.

It's challenging to find one long enough for laps . In Bangkok I swim daily at National stadium 50 meter Olympic pool and its amazing and has kind of spoiled me as it's kept so clean and is so long with lanes . The ocean is still best and when I lived on Miami Beach doing long ocean swims in that clean clear water it was the best part about living there even though other things were going downhill . I would think in Jomtien and Pattaya with tourism bring as important as it is the government would make more effort to keep things clean but possibly there is no budget and the tourists in that area are very low budget . Being so close to Bangkok is such a plus that's why I asked if there were any beautiful beaches with clear water near Bangkok . I was told that further past Jomtien is a beach on Navel property that is very clean with clean water but sounds like one could no have a condo or hotel room on that beach that's why I asked if anyone knew about nice water and beaches close to Bangkok . When I asked around about this after witnessing water in Jomtien beach change over time one of the guides at the dive shop told me about the navel beach and also the " Far Islands " that now government is cutting them off from snorkeling at .

Long ago I bought a test kit from pool cleaning company so I could check the pool water of places I rent and even though water may look clean at some of these condo pools the tests kit shows different when you investigate and see all the bacteria when you test with this kit . Anyone who knows of amazing beaches close to Bangkok let me know thanks .IMG_5188.thumb.JPG.64daef5acfd9b9fe4ad337014389aa2b.JPG&key=f7da328a1fce17911b3a08580fd0b66e0cb8bd7d5616cdb2492a65db2e4a3dce

National pool picture above but ocean is best for long workout swims if ocean water is clean and clear like it may be some other places in Thailand and swimming is such an amazing injury free exercise .

13 hours ago, Lumbini said:

It's challenging to find one long enough for laps . In Bangkok I swim daily at National stadium 50 meter Olympic pool and its amazing and has kind of spoiled me as it's kept so clean and is so long with lanes . The ocean is still best and when I lived on Miami Beach doing long ocean swims in that clean clear water it was the best part about living there even though other things were going downhill . I would think in Jomtien and Pattaya with tourism bring as important as it is the government would make more effort to keep things clean but possibly there is no budget and the tourists in that area are very low budget . Being so close to Bangkok is such a plus that's why I asked if there were any beautiful beaches with clear water near Bangkok . I was told that further past Jomtien is a beach on Navel property that is very clean with clean water but sounds like one could no have a condo or hotel room on that beach that's why I asked if anyone knew about nice water and beaches close to Bangkok . When I asked around about this after witnessing water in Jomtien beach change over time one of the guides at the dive shop told me about the navel beach and also the " Far Islands " that now government is cutting them off from snorkeling at .

Long ago I bought a test kit from pool cleaning company so I could check the pool water of places I rent and even though water may look clean at some of these condo pools the tests kit shows different when you investigate and see all the bacteria when you test with this kit . Anyone who knows of amazing beaches close to Bangkok let me know thanks .IMG_5188.thumb.JPG.64daef5acfd9b9fe4ad337014389aa2b.JPG&key=f7da328a1fce17911b3a08580fd0b66e0cb8bd7d5616cdb2492a65db2e4a3dce

National pool picture above but ocean is best for long workout swims if ocean water is clean and clear like it may be some other places in Thailand and swimming is such an amazing injury free exercise .

The Ambassador Hotel has a long pool as does the Eastern Star Resort Ban Chang .

13 hours ago, Lumbini said:

What are the fees and hours for public swimming?

and it is always lane swimming or often packed with screaming kids ?

I will never understand people who go swimming in the ocean near Pattaya or Bangkok. The water is so dirty that it harms your health. Why does the government don't care about this problem? Maybe the Chinese tourists don't care :stoner:

In the 20 years that i live here, the beaches ( also Jomptien ) was never clean.

Never, ......never. 

Who says otherwise is a fat liar.

Only on the islands ,it is clearer water , but still poluted.

And this is normal in TH.

The complete souring of the big cities come straight in the sea, yes some of it passes 

a defect watercleaning plant ,but then unchanged in the sea.

Just walk along the beach, you will notice where the souring flows via the beach into

the sea.

Even on white sand beach ( Koh Chang)  you see your toilet water go straight into the sea.

Go have a look especialy when it rains , look at the quality of the water that goes straight into the sea,its allmost black and stinking like a septic tank.

A family resort town ????

Wonder if there is a way to test the water ? We all say it's bad and nasty but what are the exact numbers and exact bacteria's and amounts ? I would hire someone to test the ocean water where I do long ocean swims in Jomtien if anyone can send me a company or individual and I will post the results back here ? What's the real science ? Ocean swimming is such good exercise and healthy activity if done in clean water I am at the point where I will move to where the clean ocean water is . Possibly every beach in Thailand is now polluted as this country has really grown cashing in on tourism and overbuilding with few rules or enforcement . If I am spending time living or visiting a beach where swimming in the water is unhealthy then I am in the wrong place . I can remember living in the states saying if I am somewhere I need to be carrying a gun then I am in the wrong place . If one is living by the beach and not swimming in the ocean what's the point . I remember when I was a kid and surfing and would wonder why the older people on the beach never get in the water and still do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

(Toei Ngam Beach in Sattahip (Royal Thai Navy jurisdiction) Chon Bur)

Where are Thailand’s cleanest beaches?

The five-star beaches were: Toei Ngam Beach in Sattahip (Royal Thai Navy jurisdiction) Chon Buri; Laem Sala Beach in Sam Roi Yot National Park, Prachuap Khiri Khan; Ao Manao (5th Aviation Division jurisdiction), Prachuap Khiri khan; Ao Ka Beach, Sam Sao Beach and Tham Rang Beach in Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park, Surat Thani; Thai Mueang Beach in Khao Lampi – Hat Thai Mueang National Park, Ao Kuek Beach in Mu Ko Similan National Park, Mai Ngam Beach in Mo Ko Surin National Park, Phang-nga; Laem Tanot Beach and Ko Rok Beach in Mu Ko Lanta National Park and Bileh Beach in Than Bok Khorani National Park, Krabi and Li Di Beach in Mu Ko Phetra National Park Satun.

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2017/08/where-are-thailands-cleanest-beaches/

21 hours ago, Lumbini said:

Live at Reflection in Jomtien, Three pools, two awesome Olympic pools overlooking the ocean, always perfect!

At my condo, most people do not shower before they swim. This includes ALL Russians and most Europeans.  Chinese guy yesterday stripped down to his underwear and got in without showering. Then he proceeded to vigorously rub down his neck and face with the pool water, cleaning himself off. He did a few laps; blowing his nose into the pool at each end.

Is there a way to complain, or will the security just laugh at me?

I was paying someone who lived there to let me swim there for a month and water sorry to say was dirty , and no beach in front of building . Thanks for suggestion , so far the National Olympic pool in Bangkok is best for laps and has roped off lanes with Iine's painted on bottom and walls and is so clean but not the ocean and some days smoggy in at that location . I read about Thailand being a beach paradise but I have not seen this in my travels . I love Thailand especially the people and now really focus on seeing if there is amazing places to swim since the weather is so perfect . Now with great MP3 players for swimming with music and new technology for goggles and GPS watches to track your swim and heart rate one can swim for aerobic exercise for an hour or more when you build up to it and it really is like no other exercise if you have beautiful ocean to swim in plus as one gets older it is virtually injury free .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

One more nail in the coffin of Jomtien tourism spoiled like what happened to Pattaya as the Jomtien foot-dragging continues on so many issues as beach sewage spills continues . Let's hope they wake up .... again I ask where is the nice beach with clean water near Bangkok ?

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/na-jomtien-foot-dragging-means-beach-sewage-spills-continue-210232IMG_6175.JPG.ab097bc617f492b9dc10177b5eb10e10.JPG

the gulf of thailand is shallow and enclosed and has one of the worlds larger populations and industrial areas on its shores. sad to say but its unlikely that its ever going to revert back to an unpolluted state while humans are around, certainly not in out lifetimes, altho I do hope they make an effort to improve it

On 5/15/2018 at 4:44 PM, soistalker said:

At my condo, most people do not shower before they swim. This includes ALL Russians and most Europeans.  Chinese guy yesterday stripped down to his underwear and got in without showering. Then he proceeded to vigorously rub down his neck and face with the pool water, cleaning himself off. He did a few laps; blowing his nose into the pool at each end.

Quality tourists in action, do not disturb, they are the VIPs here now.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, soistalker said:

Yuck. Yeah, tell it to him to his face. 

On May 15, 2018 at 4:44 AM, soistalker said:

Then there are some over zealous ones.  A few years ago I stayed at Metro Condo on Jomtien Beach Rd/Soi 19. If you went anywhere near the pool the guard would scream at you to take shower first. 

Well its no surprise that the OP who represents countless "we rent because its so cheap crowd" would have a disgusting pool..and a concrete mattress...and Thai card board furniture and a vinyl sofa.

How did you guys screw up so bad that you gotta live your twilight years like this :sad:

Last week a meeting was held between Pattaya City and Na Jomtiem Municipalities where an agreement was reached to allow Na Jomtien to channel a limited amount of wastewater for treatment in Pattaya. This is for a limited period or until such time as Na Jomtien has constructed their own water treatment facilities.

I wonder if they will now start to use the treatment plant on Soi Wat Boon

I wonder where the Na-Jomtien treatment facility will be....hopefully "not in my back yard"  NIMBY

I wonder how long a "limited period" is  its got to take quite a few months to construct a sewage treatment plant...then the huge task of plumbing everyone in..years ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived