Transfer the ownership of a vehicle to my name in Chiang Rai

Here is my situation.

I am non-thai person and I have no international driving license, no Thai Residence Certificate, but only have tourist visa.

My local friend has a car which is registered in Bangkok. And we agree that my local friend will transfer the ownership of the car to my name (Free of charge without any condition)

May I know if the above transfer can be done or not? If yes, what relevant process and documents are required?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

I bought a new car quite a few years back, I was only on a visa exemption at the time and I had to get a certificate of residence (Tabien Baan) from immigration.

get a certificate of residence from a Local immigration or embassy of my country?

You need a residence certificate to transfer the vehicle to your name you can do it all in Chaingrai at the the main Department of Land Transportation office, if you friend doesn't want to go there with you then they need to provide you with a signed "power of attorney form" they should also sign the blue book give it to you and give you a receipt of sale
With all that you should be able to transfer to your name.

1 hour ago, johng said:

You need a residence certificate to transfer the vehicle to your name you can do it all in Chaingrai at the the main Department of Land Transportation office, if you friend doesn't want to go there with you then they need to provide you with a signed "power of attorney form" they should also sign the blue book give it to you and give you a receipt of sale

Thanks a lot.

What kind of document is required to apply for a residence certificate?

Also, what is the process of transferring a 3rd party car to my name? (Eg. Any documents and Fee?)

2 hours ago, johng said:

The issue is that my local friend has a car which is registered in Bangkok

Is it possible to handle the transfer process in Chiang Rai? Or only in Bangkok?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 7:28 PM, soluble said:

Is it possible to handle the transfer process in Chiang Rai? Or only in Bangkok?

Sorry for late reply..you can do everything in ChaingRai..but the car will need to be "moved" to ChaingRai province and new number plates issued..best to goto a centre displaying this sign

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

they can do all this for you for a small fee and no headache.

Archived