BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csabo

Racist dual pricing for massages now?

Took the family of 4 to the sauna on Thep Anusorn Road yesterday and asked for 2 massages for the adults also. Price did not add up so we inquired and were told "150 baht extra for falang".  National lands extra charges I disagree with but they don't leave me with a realistic option but if this girl thinks I can't find a good massage for the regular price she is dreaming. My reward for renting a home and pumping a ton of cash into the community not to mention keeping three Thai nationals fed and in good health year after year is paying extra for a massage?? Seeya!! 

Yes, take your money elsewhere. These bigots don't deserve it.

File a complaint with the Pol Maj General aka BJ !!  The establishment will hopefully get raided and shut down within 24 hours !!

I think many of the Thais designing such pricing policies don't even realize that they're both offensive and racist. Not sure if that makes it better though. I totally agree. Boycott them. But again, if you tell them you're doing that, they probably won't care and register that it's a loss for them. Oh well!

25 minutes ago, csabo said:

Price did not add up so we inquired and were told "150 baht extra for falang"

Considering that felangs are bigger than Thais , I can understand them charging more .

Do Ethiopians get a discount ?

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Considering that felangs are bigger than Thais , I can understand them charging more .

Do Ethiopians get a discount ?

So what about fat Thais? Not to mention all farangs are not the same size or all larger than all Thais. Are you suggesting massages by the kilo? You realize, of course now, how dumb that sounds. 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think many of the Thais designing such pricing policies don't even realize that they're both offensive and racist. Not sure if that makes it better though. I totally agree. Boycott them. But again, if you tell them you're doing that, they probably won't care and register that it's a loss for them. Oh well!

A Thai woman overheard the dispute and said the staff is just pocketing the extra cash and that the owner is likely unaware. I'll leave reviews every where I can in hopes it gets back to them. 

1 minute ago, csabo said:

So what about fat Thais? Not to mention all farangs are not the same size or all larger than all Thais. Are you suggesting massages by the kilo? You realize, of course now, how dumb that sounds. 

It twas just a joke .

Sorry for making a joke other than the usual "500 Baht fine and a wai"

4 minutes ago, csabo said:

A Thai woman overheard the dispute and said the staff is just pocketing the extra cash and that the owner is likely unaware. I'll leave reviews every where I can in hopes it gets back to them. 

Which is daft. You prob tip them 150 baht.

15 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Which is daft. You prob tip them 150 baht.

Exactly! I would have ripped the girls who did the actual massages 100 each! Screw them all now. The place caters to the Korean and Chinese bus groups and was giving them all a welcoming glass of tea. The had a ton of glasses and huge kettles of tea available behind the counter. Do you think me or my Thai wife was offered a glass? Yeah, right. 

Boycott them, that's the only thing you can do..

..Apart from ranting on TVF, of course.:smile:

Phuket has always charged Falangs crazy massage prices. And, don't get me started on the Kata to Patong sawng tao prices!

23 minutes ago, csabo said:

Exactly! I would have ripped the girls who did the actual massages 100 each! Screw them all now. The place caters to the Korean and Chinese bus groups and was giving them all a welcoming glass of tea. The had a ton of glasses and huge kettles of tea available behind the counter. Do you think me or my Thai wife was offered a glass? Yeah, right. 

Boycott is the best move. Good decision Bro.

Awwwwww- feel better now?