Bloodbath in Surat Thani: Estranged husband shoots former mother in law dead, ex wife serious

Bloodbath in Surat Thani: Estranged husband shoots former mother in law dead, ex wife serious

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRhFslJZtMqSNbykAU.jpg

A Thai husband went to his estranged wife's house to sort out personal matters.

But after an argument broke out he produced a .380 gun and shot his ex wife and her mother a total of six times.

Grandmother Phin Chunark, 82, died on the way to Wiang Sa hospital after being shot in the back and hip.

Janphen Chunark, 45, is in a serious condition in hospital after being shot in the chest, leg and hand. 

Police who rushed to the one story house in Ban Song village of Wiang Sa, Surat Thani found a lot of spilled blood in front of the house where the two women lived. They also found six shell casings.

They were told that the shooter was Chamnan Cheua-jao, 53. 

The couple had split up years ago but had a 15 year old son together.

Chamnan tolerated the fact that his estranged wife had a new man in her life but he refused to allow her to have the man move into the house where his son lived.

As they discussed the matter on Monday morning tempers flared and he pulled out a gun and shot his ex wife and her mother.

He was found at his house nearby by police who charged him with murder, attempted murder and weapons offences.

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1281362

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-5-14

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Estranged husband shoots former mother in law dead, ex wife serious

A Thai husband went to his estranged wife's house to sort out personal matters

As they were both estranged, so mutt, I guess it´s alright and well though over then.

Chamnan tolerated the fact that his estranged wife had a new man in her life but he refused to allow her to have the man move into the house where his son lived.

There we can clearly see that the man was mutt more estranged, than the woman. The essence of a Thai mans personallity is showing it´s shadow again.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Fortunately, for my MIL, I don't own a .380 !!

Good point, just wondering why he shot his MIL, perhaps she's a core point in why the daughter's marriage became estranged?

MIL interfering every 5 minutes is common in this country, as well as many other countries of course.

Sometimes i have a short fuse,this is why i would never own a gun,also i get depresive periods where i could quite easily use it on myself. A gun is somewhat of an inpersonal killing tool,stand back and pull the trigger,a knife on the other hand well you need to get up close and personal,but why did he go to his ex wife's packing heat,pre- meditated i reckon.

"

"Bloodbath in Surat Thani: Estranged husband shoots former mother in law dead, ex wife serious"

Where do they get these headlines? 2 people shot is not really a "bloodbath" by any stretch of the imagination, and what is the ex wife "serious" about?

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

In Thailand 101 out of 100 people owns a gun. So the result is quite obvious. Same stupidity in US

Agree your point re US.

101 out of 100 in Thailand is absolutely not true but it seems it's increasing and my Thai son (won't allow any sort of weapon in his house or car), says it's quite easy to buy hand guns on the underground market and there are many sellers on social media targeting teenagers to buy.  A couple of years back an ex-cop was caught selling second hand hand guns to teenagers in Pattaya, his sales list showed sales to 162 teenagers.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Agree your point re US.

101 out of 100 in Thailand is absolutely not true but it seems it's increasing and my Thai son (won't allow any sort of weapon in his house or car, says it's quite easy to buy hand guns on the underground market and there are many sellers on social media targeting teenagers to buy.

"101 out of 100 in Thailand is absolutely not true" :cheesy:

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

in my book that is premeditated murder, why bring a gun to a meeting, yes he intended to use it if things did not go his way, well they have certainly not gone his way now

Quite a lot of Thai men carry a gun with them everywhere.

Among my Thai acquaintances about 50% carry 24/7.

It's in the little 'handbag' they carry across their shoulder/belly.

4 hours ago, kannot said:

Fortunately I dont own a Mother in Law

I do own a Mil, but I pay her 100bht/day not to visit or live near me.

It also means I have her support 100% in and husband/wife dispute.

I'm guessing the Thai shooter didn't have the money (or brain) to pay off MiL.

52 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Agree your point re US.

101 out of 100 in Thailand is absolutely not true but it seems it's increasing and my Thai son (won't allow any sort of weapon in his house or car), says it's quite easy to buy hand guns on the underground market and there are many sellers on social media targeting teenagers to buy.  A couple of years back an ex-cop was caught selling second hand hand guns to teenagers in Pattaya, his sales list showed sales to 162 teenagers.

Well too fast typing: 100 Thais own 101 guns 

Archived