BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJ54

NE live in village monthly

1 minute ago, gerry1953 said:

For that amount or even for free my MIL is always babysitting, helping around the large yard and generally making things easier for my wife and I - on top of that is a very nice person to be around.  There seems to be a lot of hostility and generalizations about Thai's here? 

My MiL sold her daughter to me in a cash sale.

I don't need people traffickers hanging around my house.

How low can a person be, selling their own children?

Jeez Mae - that sucks to be you - wouldn't they take a post dated cheque!!

Sadly some do sell their own kids outright or get them into the "business" so they can send money home.

1 hour ago, DonnyS said:

Your their meal ticket . Stop spending your hard earned money.

Why?

It is up to him what he does with HIS hard earned money and not you, unless of course he has asked you for help.

A simple experiment. Reduce what you pay to your wife`s family for a few months, say `sorry it`s because of other bills I`ve just got to pay.` Their reaction will help you know where you really stand. I did this, in my case it was actually a genuine reason. No negative responses from my wife`s family, thankfully.

10 hours ago, gerry1953 said:

How much disposable income you have shouldn't determine how much you give or pay your in laws and wife.  What is important is they are decent people, not lazy, respectful, and without high expense vices like drugs, alcohol and gambling.  Them asking for more money after receiving all the other perks of being married to a generous farang would be a problem for me but if they needed a hand I would gladly offer IF they had those good qualities.  The OPs description indicated lack of respect and  a feeling of entitlement from the whole family?

Some truly insightful posts here ( as well as one or two bitter dronings ) has made for an interesting read.

Intuition and luck play a hand in life, but a rewind and review are necessary for all of us from time to time, wherever one lives in the world.

Being decent, helpful, fair and expecting people to be fair in dealing with you will give you grief - as I repeatedly find out to my cost !  Still hindsight is a wonderful thing and nearly always endorsed by friends

3 minutes ago, Capt Rob said:

Some truly insightful posts here ( as well as one or two bitter dronings ) has made for an interesting read.

Intuition and luck play a hand in life, but a rewind and review are necessary for all of us from time to time, wherever one lives in the world.

Being decent, helpful, fair and expecting people to be fair in dealing with you will give you grief - as I repeatedly find out to my cost !  Still hindsight is a wonderful thing and nearly always endorsed by friends

Interesting post. I would like to know why you think showing those qualities will or has given you grief. It's not been my experience, quite the opposite. 

The bitter drownings are par for the course. If you listen to them it's not hard to see why they got dumped and decided to marry a bar stool. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Interesting post. I would like to know why you think showing those qualities will or has given you grief. It's not been my experience, quite the opposite. 

The bitter drownings are par for the course. If you listen to them it's not hard to see why they got dumped and decided to marry a bar stool. 

2+2 is not always 4

I learned that when I was 4

I have just removed some of the worst posts and replies to them on the last few pages. Some were bickering and others just nasty Thai bashing posts and inflammatory. 

Enough is Enough. This topic :mfr_closed1: