Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJ54

NE live in village monthly

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Wonderfull life said:

I thought I was in a loving relationship,I was supporting wife ,step daughters and mil and fil and sisters, one day they pissed me off whinging that I not give enough ,I had just won a seven figure amount on uk lottery,I said to wife I not have much money now and things need to change ,everyone has to work now,2 months later I was living alone ,rats all left including wife .if only she knew how much I had won .now I am a tight arse ,my new short time gfs get paid for performance.life is good

Sounds like you served your Thai experience apprenticeship and are one of the more fortunate ones . Hats off to you and I think there will be many a reader turning green when they read your post .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much does middle and older sister five their parents.... You are being used as an ATM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must know the answer to this.

 

You have been there so long you are beginning to speak like one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I guess your uneducated wife saw you coming. I wouldn't give the in-laws ANYTHING other than a place to put their heads and food for their bellies. Are you buying your wife or paying ransom for her? It is just obscene to me that they are "requiring" you to pay anything to them. If it was me, I'd tell your wife adios if the only way you can have her love and affection is by paying for it through intermediaries. JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am more fortunate than many.

We are 60km from the in-laws who also raise my wife's son as their own.

I've helped out on occasions but nothing on a regular basis. They are very old school and reluctant to ask for my help. The are just over 60 and both work hard in a small house building outfit run by their son (wife's brother). Income can be sporadic.

I love my wife and believe she loves me. When her son needs school clothes or she wants to treat him occasionally,  I pay because she devotes herself to me and I see the pain she feels when she can't provide for her son.

We hope to go back to UK in a couple of months and my wife wants to work as many hours as she can get so she can give money to me and to her family. 

I agree it's important not to allow greedy family to milk you but I also think that if you can afford to help or treat grateful family to something extra now and then and if you gain happiness from giving and seeing others happy then why not?

If you can't afford to then don't.

If you can afford to and want to,  then do. 

Just be in control and don't allow greedy people to exploit you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paulsingle said:

I think I am more fortunate than many.

We are 60km from the in-laws who also raise my wife's son as their own.

I've helped out on occasions but nothing on a regular basis. They are very old school and reluctant to ask for my help. The are just over 60 and both work hard in a small house building outfit run by their son (wife's brother). Income can be sporadic.

I love my wife and believe she loves me. When her son needs school clothes or she wants to treat him occasionally,  I pay because she devotes herself to me and I see the pain she feels when she can't provide for her son.

We hope to go back to UK in a couple of months and my wife wants to work as many hours as she can get so she can give money to me and to her family. 

I agree it's important not to allow greedy family to milk you but I also think that if you can afford to help or treat grateful family to something extra now and then and if you gain happiness from giving and seeing others happy then why not?

If you can't afford to then don't.

If you can afford to and want to,  then do. 

Just be in control and don't allow greedy people to exploit you.

 

You tell a familiar story and there will be many a reader who can connect with you . Sounds like you are half way up the slippery slope , be careful as you seem to be a decent guy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, superal said:

You tell a familiar story and there will be many a reader who can connect with you . Sounds like you are half way up the slippery slope , be careful as you seem to be a decent guy .

......or he is living a decent life with a decent family. 

You know the one where it is give a take and people do nice things for each other because they can. 

Not everything is or leads to a "slippery slope" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its enough.

You pay for everything. They live for free. Doesnt sister benefit from cow? 

Tell them you can give them 12000 but they have to move out and buy their food rent etc. You will save money this way.

Now i read that they both work lol. And making house for sister.

So give your wife 10000. Tell her you dont care if she gives family or keep for herself. If any demands continue its time to get new wife.

Starting to get ridicolous these money issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would pay the same money the sisters and brother are paying. It is only fair. You have done more than enough.As for paying the sister to look after the cows, why doesn't the family pay her out of the money they make off the cows??? Their cows not your problem. If the cows do not make any money , tell them to sell them.   If the shit hits the fan , run as far away as possible. Everthing should be equal , not one sided. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

......or he is living a decent life with a decent family. 

You know the one where it is give a take and people do nice things for each other because they can. 

Not everything is or leads to a "slippery slope" 

What is the average cost of living with the family a month? 

 

If it is 30 000,- 50 000,- 60 000,- 100 000-, all included? What is a fear price to have big family taking care of you? 

 

Serve you coffe in the morning, breakfest, go shopping, cleaning your clothes, house and taking care of the farm? Is it only money he contribute? Or he just benefit from invading a family and let them take care of him? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BEVUP said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

look at the bright side, many can return to their home countries and become gainfully employed as experts in administering public assistance.

& the same situation with Thais (in a sense )

Take the OP who tried to help them with a business - Yep failed (as we know why ), then they just went back & lazed around again (I've seen all this to )

Or they end up with a nice house, blow that through greed by mortgaging to get more (face ) & end back up in the shack

 

But then as other posters have said why not get a middle class women 

That also comes with the fact that most of them would be up to their eyeballs in debt (but at least they may have something in the end to show for it )

 

 

would be nice to see some stories about expats whose significant others are not in debt, not enslaved to finding money for their family but financially independent or even well off,  perhaps gals whose fathers are lawyers or doctors and mothers PhD's gained abroad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hummin said:

What is the average cost of living with the family a month? 

 

If it is 30 000,- 50 000,- 60 000,- 100 000-, all included? What is a fear price to have big family taking care of you? 

 

Serve you coffe in the morning, breakfest, go shopping, cleaning your clothes, house and taking care of the farm? Is it only money he contribute? Or he just benefit from invading a family and let them take care of him? 

 

 

I love your sense of humour.:smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hummin said:

What is the average cost of living with the family a month? 

 

If it is 30 000,- 50 000,- 60 000,- 100 000-, all included? What is a fear price to have big family taking care of you? 

 

Serve you coffe in the morning, breakfest, go shopping, cleaning your clothes, house and taking care of the farm? Is it only money he contribute? Or he just benefit from invading a family and let them take care of him? 

 

 

I havent a clue what you're getting at. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...