Chinese man stopped near Mae Sot border with 8 million baht stuffed in a bag

webfact

55 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Agree.

If I threw a hissy fit with my bank and decided to take out 2 mil and put it in another bank what does that have to do with police/army when it's in my car?

Try in the states if the police stop you and search your car and find a large amount of cash they can and have confiscated it. Good luck getting it back because it is up to you to prove you obtained it legally. They have ruined a few lives by this tactic.

19 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Try in the states if the police stop you and search your car and find a large amount of cash they can and have confiscated it. Good luck getting it back because it is up to you to prove you obtained it legally. They have ruined a few lives by this tactic.

Donald land is the last place on earth I would visit.

7 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

No, it happened at a military checkpoint on the Mae Sai - Tak road. The two men were on their way to Bangkok after coming from Myawaddy town, Burma. 

Driver Ong Muang Yajing, 32 from Chiang Mai is probably Thai.

Mae Sot not Mae Sai

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Agree.

If I threw a hissy fit with my bank and decided to take out 2 mil and put it in another bank what does that have to do with police/army when it's in my car?

If you do that you will have a proof from your bank but that guy don't have.

On 5/23/2018 at 12:02 PM, moe666 said:

Sad, but true.  

And many more victims of various others forms of forfeiture laws.  

Archived