Residency Certificate ?

Max66

Need to obtain a certificate of residence. Would anyone know the paperwork I need to bring to immigration? 

I know passport and copies. I am on the " retirement" visa. I rent month to month at my hotel and have the rental agreement . But will immigration accept monthly rental contract?  I've read they only accept 3 months or more. This will be done at the promenada in CM.

Any info. Appreciated 

Thanks 

As long as you have a recent letter from the condo or hotel, that is enough. Because it's a monthly agreement, you should get a recent letter confirming that you are still staying there.

You need to show the rental agreement to the TM30 section of immigration.

Once you get the TM30 report then go to the residence cert section to get a queue number to come another day to submit your forms.

These are two different immigration sections, they used to be one section until those fellas decide to add more bureaucracy.

If you want to get your residency certificate more quickly you can go to the office on the ground floor, to the left of the photo copy room. You may receive your certificate the same day or at the latest afternoon of the following day. Unfortunately after Songkran the price has now increased to 1000 Baht (previously it was 500 Baht). But it will save you time and also less visits to Promenada.

2 hours ago, ozzmanrocks said:

If you want to get your residency certificate more quickly you can go to the office on the ground floor, to the left of the photo copy room. You may receive your certificate the same day or at the latest afternoon of the following day. Unfortunately after Songkran the price has now increased to 1000 Baht (previously it was 500 Baht). But it will save you time and also less visits to Promenada.

If I have a TM30 receipt (see attached) and a copy of my rental agreement, and passport, is that all I need to satisfy requirements for a Residency certificate?  

Also, can you visit this ground floor office to do this at any time of day?

20 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

If I have a TM30 receipt (see attached) and a copy of my rental agreement, and passport, is that all I need to satisfy requirements for a Residency certificate?  

Also, can you visit this ground floor office to do this at any time of day?

I believe that the office is open from 8.30am till 4.30pm, I think it closes 12 till 1 for lunch. If you go there early in the morning I think you should be able to get the certificate back the same day. If not you will receive it the following day.

To my knowledge these are the requirements:

• Photocopy of lease agreement, (I think I would also get the landlord / landlady to sign this).
  • Photocopy of TM30 form signed by your landlord / landlady.
  • Two 2×2 inch passport photos (maybe best to get these with a blue background).
  • Take your actual passport with you (to confirm authenticity)
  • Photocopy of main photo page of passport, visa page, TM6 departure card (all pages must be signed by you).
  • Completed application form of Residence Certificate. Blank copies are provided at the office.

2 hours ago, ozzmanrocks said:

Why feed all these agents who go through the back door for approval? These aren't really legal from what I know.

I think if it's urgent, one should go to their home country's embassy in Chiang Mai instead provided your embassy is there.

16 minutes ago, ozzmanrocks said:

I believe that the office is open from 8.30am till 4.30pm, I think it closes 12 till 1 for lunch. If you go there early in the morning I think you should be able to get the certificate back the same day. If not you will receive it the following day.

To my knowledge these are the requirements:

• Photocopy of lease agreement, (I think I would also get the landlord / landlady to sign this).
  • Photocopy of TM30 form signed by your landlord / landlady.
  • Two 2×2 inch passport photos (maybe best to get these with a blue background).
  • Take your actual passport with you (to confirm authenticity)
  • Photocopy of main photo page of passport, visa page, TM6 departure card (all pages must be signed by you).
  • Completed application form of Residence Certificate. Blank copies are provided at the office.

Do I need the actual signed TM30 or just the receipt that shows that the landlord filed it (see attached).  I was told that for a Non-O Visa application all I needed was the TM30 "RECEIPT".  If I do in fact need the actual TM30, ow do I get my hands on that, and can it be done the same day or does it requires an additional day of getting it before I can apply for the certificate?

Thanks in advance

IMG_0514.JPG

2 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Do I need the actual signed TM30 or just the receipt that shows that the landlord filed it (see attached).  I was told that for a Non-O Visa application all I needed was the TM30 "RECEIPT".  If I do in fact need the actual TM30, ow do I get my hands on that, and can it be done the same day or does it requires an additional day of getting it before I can apply for the certificate?

Thanks in advance

IMG_0514.JPG

Sorry I can't help you with that. Think it's best if you just go down there and ask.

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Thanks in advance

Oh wow. a lot of people here are confused. There are three types of TM30 papers.

1. The receipt that landlord filed. It's a proof that landlord informed immigration but this isn't called TM30 receipt.

2. The TM30 application form to apply for TM30 which needs to be signed by landlord. This isn't called TM-30 receipt but an application form.

3. The actual TM30 receipt given by immigration after they received your TM30 application form and given approval to you. It's a small piece of white paper written entirely in Thai signed by the immigration officer.

It's the third one that you need to apply for residence cert.

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Oh wow. a lot of people here are confused. There are three types of TM30 papers.

1. The receipt that landlord filed. This isn't called TM30 receipt.

2. The TM30 form to apply for TM30 which needs to be signed by landlord. This isn't called TM-30 receipt.

3. The actual TM30 receipt given by immigration after they received your TM30 form and given approval.

It's the third one that you need to apply for residence cert.

I'm confused.  The "receipt" I attached proves that my landlord submitted the "TM-30 Form" and Immigration accepted it.  I have been told by several people on here (NancyL and Ubon Joe) that this receipt (the one in my attachment) is all that is necessary to prove residency for a Non-O visa. 

You seem to be indicating that "I" must apply for a TM30.  That does not make sense to me since a TM30 has already been submitted Landlord and accepted by Immigration.  Therefore, it seems to me that the receipt I have attached is indeed as you reference it, #3:  the "actual" TM30 receipt.

Am I mistaken??? Again, I have been told that this receipt I have indicates that the TM30 has been filed and APPROVED by Immigration.

7 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

I'm confused.  The "receipt" I attached proves that my landlord submitted the "TM-30 Form" and Immigration accepted it.  I have been told by several people on here (NancyL and Ubon Joe) that this receipt (the one in my attachment) is all that is necessary to prove residency for a Non-O visa. 

You seem to be indicating that "I" must apply for a TM30.  That does not make sense to me since a TM30 has already been submitted Landlord and accepted by Immigration.  Therefore, it seems to me that the receipt I have attached is indeed as you reference it, #3:  the "actual" TM30 receipt.

Am I mistaken??? Again, I have been told that this receipt I have indicates that the TM30 has been filed and APPROVED by Immigration.

OK, So I just spoke with my real estate broker and now I understand.  Just want to share, in case someone else is also confused.  The "receipt" I posted is NOT sufficient to prove residency for EITHER the Non-O Visa or the Certificate of Residency so EricTH is correct!  The solution is very simple though.  I simply have to go to 2nd Floor Promenada and submit the "receipt I already have and I will be given a copy of the actual TM30.  The cost is 20 Baht, and the time required to get it is only 10-15 minutes.  Once copies of the actual TM30, then I can use them to satisfy requirements for the visa, and also for the certificate of residency (for getting a drivers license).

I don't whether I should be happy or concerned that I am actually starting to get the hang on how things work here in Thailand LOL ?

21 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

The "receipt" I posted is NOT sufficient to prove residency for EITHER the Non-O Visa or the Certificate of Residency so EricTH is correct!  The solution is very simple though.  I simply have to go to 2nd Floor Promenada and submit the "receipt I already have and I will be given a copy of the actual TM30.  The cost is 20 Baht, and the time required to get it is only 10-15 minutes. 

It's just an application from your landlord, it doesn't mean that it has been processed by the immigration officer yet.

You don't need to pay anything to get TM30, it's free (not 20 baht). The residence cert section is on the 2nd floor just beside the TM30 section but in the same room.

Yes, things in Thailand can get quite confusing and their poor English communication skills don't help either. I had to understand things the difficult way.

Are you Korean? because your signature sound like one.

On 5/21/2018 at 2:55 AM, Kohsamida said:

The "receipt" I posted is NOT sufficient to prove residency for EITHER the Non-O Visa or the Certificate of Residency.......... Once copies of the actual TM30, then I can use them to satisfy requirements for the visa, and also for the certificate of residency (for getting a drivers license).

To provide some proof of residency, typically one provides a copy of a lease and/or yellow book (a few have indicated that utility bills in their names have been used to satisfy the residency proof). I've never heard of the original TM30 (or photocopy thereof) or the typical TM30 Receipt of Notification (or even the landlord's online report as you posted above) being used as proof of residency for any purpose.  Either you've hit upon a new method to show residency or, alternatively, your real estate broker is a bit mistaken.  Please report back once you've actually tried to use the TM30 copy to obtain the formal Certificate of Residence and/or a Non-O Visa. 

28 minutes ago, CMBob said:

To provide some proof of residency, typically one provides a copy of a lease and/or yellow book (a few have indicated that utility bills in their names have been used to satisfy the residency proof). I've never heard of the original TM30 (or photocopy thereof) or the typical TM30 Receipt of Notification (or even the landlord's online report as you posted above) being used as proof of residency for any purpose.  Either you've hit upon a new method to show residency or, alternatively, your real estate broker is a bit mistaken.  Please report back once you've actually tried to use the TM30 copy to obtain the formal Certificate of Residence and/or a Non-O Visa. 

I've checked it out pretty thoroughly, not only with people on here, but with my real estate broker who is VERY knowledgeably about all things to do with expats.  It's very simple actually.  Your landlord MUST file a TM30 on your behalf with Immigration when you move in; it is the law.  You receive a receipt (as I attached).   With that receipt in hand, you go to Immigration at Promenade and present it at the window on the 2nd Floor, and a few minutes later they give you a copy of the actual TM30.  The TM30 is considered by Immigration to be proof of residency.  So, that, along with your passport will get you a "Certificate of Residency" paper that is good for 30 days. 

Personally I don't know why all this paper shuffling is even necessary since the information is all on their computers, but hey, this is Thailand, they like to do things a little differently I guess ?

30 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

ion at Promenade and present it at the window on the 2nd Floor, and a few minutes later they give you a copy of the actual TM30.  The TM30 is considered by Immigration to be proof of residency.  So, that, along with your passport will get you a "Certificate of Residency" paper that is good for 30 days. 

However, if you go to apply for driving license, TM30 is not enough, you still need the cert of residence which is another paper with your photo on it.

You need the TM30 to apply for the cert of residence, almost two years ago when I did it, it used to be the same section. Now it is separated into two sections.

If you expect friendliness from the officers at TM30, you can forget about it. Only the student helpers are friendly.... 

That's why some people prefer to pay and use the 'agent' services.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:03 PM, EricTh said:

As long as you have a recent letter from the condo or hotel, that is enough. Because it's a monthly agreement, you should get a recent letter confirming that you are still staying there.

You need to show the rental agreement to the TM30 section of immigration.

Once you get the TM30 report then go to the residence cert section to get a queue number to come another day to submit your forms.

These are two different immigration sections, they used to be one section until those fellas decide to add more bureaucracy.

On 5/21/2018 at 10:19 AM, ozzmanrocks said:

Today I went to get a residency certificate on the 2nd floor at Promenada (need it to get a 2 year drivers license). However, they gave me a Receipt of Notification instead (see example image below). I want to get the Residence Certificate asap. Do I take the notification receipt to the office on the ground floor, to the left of the photo copy room, give them the receipt and ask for the same-day residency certificate?

tm30-receipt-notification-4.jpg

19 minutes ago, Santogold said:

Today I went to get a residency certificate on the 2nd floor at Promenada (need it to get a 2 year drivers license). However, they gave me a Receipt of Notification instead (see example image below). I want to get the Residence Certificate asap. Do I take the notification receipt to the office on the ground floor, to the left of the photo copy room, give them the receipt and ask for the same-day residency certificate?

tm30-receipt-notification-4.jpg

There are three methods.

The first method is ...

It is at the same place as you got this Tm30 receipt of notification on 2nd floor but on a different desk.

1.You need to get the queue number to submit your application. You must arrive early at around 9 am , (but  before 11 am). Then they will give you a form to fill.

2.You can only submit the form, photocopies of many documents, photos on day of appointment.

3. Get residence cert after two weeks from date of submission of form.

So you need three more trips to promenada if you use the first method which is FREE.

The second method is if you can't wait, you can hire an agent. It's faster but you have to pay some money ie. around 1000 baht. The agent is either on second floor or ground floor, so search for it. 

The third method is go to your embassy in CM, and pay some fees for one day completion. Only certain countries have embassies in CM.

^^^ Staple that receipt of notification in your passport - You will need it as proof in the future for any extension and other immigration items... If you leave the country you must go in within 24 hours of return and have it updated - And if you move you need a new one 

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

No. It is at the same place as you got this receipt of notification on 2nd floor but on a different desk.

1.You need to get the queue number to submit your application. You must arrive early at around 9 am , (but not before 11 am). Then they will give you a form to fill.

2.You can only submit the form, photocopies of many documents on day of appointment.

3. Get residence cert after two weeks from date of submission of form.

So you need three more trips to promenada.

Thank you. I'm willing to pay a fee to get the Cetificate of Residency same day/next day. What steps do I take to do that?

7 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

OTian is an agent in Promenada 

Just around the the corner from 2nd floor Immigration on 2nd floor

Is he an Immigration agent that has his own kiosk or room that is labeled as such? Or is he more like an agent in a travel agency and I just go in and ask him for the service? Can you clarify please?

OTian is the business name they have one of the stalls on the second floor of Promenada... From the 2nd floor One Stop Immigration walk around the corner like you are going to that huge electronics store... look to the right they are right there...

38 minutes ago, Santogold said:

Is he an Immigration agent that has his own kiosk or room that is labeled as such? Or is he more like an agent in a travel agency and I just go in and ask him for the service? Can you clarify please?

These aren't really immigration agent but commercial agent.

From what  I see, they give some of your money to immigration officer covertly so that it can be processed within one day.

They will do all the photocopying for you so you don't have to worry which pages to copy as long as you bring your passport, tenancy agreement, photos, TM30

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

OTian is the business name they have one of the stalls on the second floor of Promenada... From the 2nd floor One Stop Immigration walk around the corner like you are going to that huge electronics store... look to the right they are right there...

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

These aren't really immigration agent but commercial agent.

From what  I see, they give some of your money to immigration officer covertly so that it can be processed within one day.

They will do all the photocopying for you so you don't have to worry which pages to copy as long as you bring your passport, tenancy agreement, photos, TM30

Wonderful. Thank you both.

6 hours ago, Santogold said:

Easy to find per directions above.  Looks like this:

Otain.jpg

Out of curiosity I contacted TIAN about handling retirement visa and was told their fee is 18,000 baht (including 90 day reporting for a year).  That sounds VERY expensive.  Is this the going rate for agents in general?

Archived