Mid-range smartphone recommendations

NanLaew

On 6/23/2019 at 5:09 AM, daocat555 said:
Recently my Meizu went high diving into my toilet.  I needed a new mobile and I wanted it fast.  I went for the Realme 3 Pro.  Here are some thoughts about my former Meizu.  A 15,000 baht phone should ether have a very careful owner or IPS 68.  The man at the shop said the insides of the phone are ok just the screen is broken.  A new screen is 9,000 baht from Aliexpress....more than the value of the phone.

I like skinny phones and the Realme 3 Pro is 74.2 mm from side to side.  The realme has a very nice battery and a 6.3 in IPS screen.  So in many ways it goes against what I have been preaching.  Now I am seeing things a bit differently.  Bigger battery, bigger screen is good.  IPS screen is ok.  So I am please with my Realme 3 Pro.

I will post this on Low end, high end, and mid range sites as I think there is a lot of good info on those threads so keeping them active might be a good thing.  Comments? please? 

great info as always. My htc 10 had a flat battery and i was going to upgrade to a new phone, but found a ahop in bkk that could replace the battery for 1500thb. 

I took the chance and it has worked out great. The phone is still a great performer, and now i get a day plus again with the new  battery so perfect

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice move Kuma.  My first week impressions of my Realme 3 Pro is that the battery is great, the screen is good, and my only wish for a better phone would be stereo speakers as the Realme has only the single down firing one.

I used to read these pages and have kept up a lot because I've been running an old Droid turbo 4 year old model that just can't keep up with all the apps and it's constantly full of pictures.  I have been paying the warranty here in Utah with Verizon so I have got a couple of new phones in the last year, the same model unfortunately. The first warranty phone had as bad a battery life as mine. the second one I had a battery that last most of the day but it's front camera is all full of dust just not very good for line conversations. Plus it locks up all the time and gets hot and time for new phone. I'm not one who always needs the latest and greatest and one problem is trying to buy a phone that will work for Verizon. Anyway I thought I would update everyone and say I bought a used S9 plus yesterday in excellent condition for about 11,500 baht. It came with the cordless charger.  Boxes.  I am pretty sure I am going to enjoy the new cameras and this phone is going to be so fast compared to my old one I think maybe you could consider this a mid-range phone and the price isn't too bad compared to what you guys are buying. I watched eBay and you can even buy brand new ones for about 12,000-12,500 or so

OK... the OP is back to bump his own thread. I haven't bought ANYTHING yet and Mrs NL gave up waiting and went and got a (boring) new Samsung for herself and presented our oldest with some Oppo model for his entry-level smartphone. Everyone seems happy enough for now.

I am working with a chap from Europe who is toting a Nokia smartphone. Like myself, he was a Nokia fanboy when mobile stuff started but where I shifted to android with the first google phone, he went off the rails on Nokia's misadventure with Windows Mobile. Now he's back using Nokia's latest android offering and apart from a lack of water-resistance, he's quite happy. Maybe that's because it's more Nokia name comfort than product deliverables?

From the learned mobile sages on TV, what's the take on Nokia's offerings over here? I am still with my ASUS but it will be 2 years old soon and maybe I need something 'new' for Christmas.

...and I always liked Nokia!

Archived