Thai Cabinet Green-Lights Medical Weed – Opium And Kratom, Too

webfact

13 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Soon all Thai people is on medical weed surely it will be easy to get a receipt just as same as a driver license 

Dead toll will rise now 

To be honest, I propose that speaking in generalities, having the Thai people driving high or stoned, is safer than them driving sober. They drive like mad people for the most part, if they were stoned they'd probably drive slower and more cautiously lol 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Issanjohn said:

How does it work here?  Because supposedly opium is illegal yet they have really good cough syrup here which is contains opium and you can buy as much as you want over the counter at pretty much any pharmacy.  I've never understood the laws here because there are a lot of other controlled medications that some pharmacies will sell you and others won't.  

I have a serious back problem as well as chronic migraine headaches from an old head injury which was really bad and whenever I have a flare up the pain is extraordinary.  Sometimes I'll go to the hospital and get a morphine but it just depends on the doctor.  Some doctors are like "no problem you just need pain control okay" and they'll give it to me.  Other doctors I really have to explain my medical history to in detail and explain that I already know what the problem is and that I don't need another X-ray because it's a chronic problem and I've had multiple surgeries.  And eventually they'll give me the morphine shot but they do it very reluctantly.  I've had doctors give me morphine without argument and I've had some doctors try to BS me and tell that they only give it to cancer patients.  In fact I've actually had cancer before back in 2005 but that's another story, it was stage 3 Testicular Cancer but I actually recovered from that very well and I came back very strong a year later I was running marathons.  I was inspired by Lance Armstrong but that's another really long story.  

Anyway I've learned that whenever I have really bad flare ups in my back and the migraine headaches instead of going to the hospital it's easier to go to a pharmacy that will sell me as much codeine as I want over the counter no questions asked.  Then if I take enough codeine it's just as powerful as a morphine shot.  I'm to the point now where I'm taking codeine at least once a week.  

So I don't understand how the laws work here.  Supposedly Thailand is really tough on narcotics but it's unbelievable what you can buy over the counter here compared to the states.  There's a lot of opioid hysteria going on in the states right now which actually makes me happier to be living in Thailand especially with my long list of medical issues.  I'm a disabled veteran which is why I have so many medical problems, I'm retired military.  

Something else doctors around here give out diazepam and other benzodiazepine class medications like candy which for me is great.  Because drugs like diazepam (Valium), clonazepam (Klonopin), and Lorazepam (benzodiazepines) also help with the pain and benzodiazepines are safer than narcotics or opioids such as the codeine.  Unfortunately my back pain particularly gets so bad sometimes that only an opioid class drug will kill the pain.  Only problem with opioids is that it doesn't take long to get addicted.  Whenever I go through good periods when  I have no pain sometimes I feel mild withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking codeine for long periods of time.  I can also buy Xanax over the counter which is also a benzodiazepine but Xanax is to fast acting and it doesn't last very long.  Diazepam, clonazepam, and Lorazepam are better.  Lorazepam has the same effects as Xanax except it's better than Xanax because it stays in your system longer.  

So does anyone understand how the drug laws work around here?  When I buy codeine over the counter are they selling it to me illegally?  I don't think they are considering that any pharmacy will sell you opium cough syrup over the counter.  At the hospitals here they're sometimes really stingy with the morphine depending on the doctor but I can buy as much codeine as I want over the counter which can be more powerful than morphine if you take enough.  So I'm really confused about how the drug laws work around here.  

Also how will this bill effect everything?  Are they seriously going to legalize marijuana in Thailand or is this just all talk for right now?  As as opium I thought that was already legal here, I mean they sell it over the counter in cough syrup in every pharmacy in Thailand, I've even seen it sold at Seven Eleven.  I know that currently marijuana is illegal, I hope they do legalize it before the codeine destroys my liver.  Actually I wish I was strong and healthy again like I used to be and drug free like I used to be.  

Your story seems similar to me, also a retired vet. I also have joint replacements and chronic pain almost all the time.

I use canna oil in Cape Town because its legal there. It cured my cancer, I was stage 4 asophogeal cancer and skin cancer. I don't believe any of the naysayers, I have plenty medical proof it did cure me.

Thailand has also gone the stupid USA route and stopped Dormicum. How stupid, just because they cant be adult enough to use medicines wisely. Again no problem to get it in South Africa.

Anyway, the laws here can go from a no to a yes and back to a no, in a milli second.

So we will see what happens.

I was initially hopeful that this eventually might make Kratom 'safe' to possess.  Since it grows here and I would prefer something social that isn't alcohol, I had a quick re-read on Erowid and it seems Kratom can give the liver a very hard time.  Just a heads up for anyone considering the same.

Btw, I've ordered CBD for delivery here, thinking it was legal (because zero to negligible THC).  It got here without issue or mis-description on packaging, but I noticed zero effect from it, which is unlike what most comments say.  I haven't tried to order anything like it again as it looks like it's not legislated for in a water tight way.  Probably down to 'the officer on duty' as many things are.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“Even when this bill becomes a law, marijuana will be used for medical purposes only,”

That's a major step in the right direction regarding palliative care in Thailand.  Kudos!

1 hour ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Your story seems similar to me, also a retired vet. I also have joint replacements and chronic pain almost all the time.

I use canna oil in Cape Town because its legal there. It cured my cancer, I was stage 4 asophogeal cancer and skin cancer. I don't believe any of the naysayers, I have plenty medical proof it did cure me.

Thailand has also gone the stupid USA route and stopped Dormicum. How stupid, just because they cant be adult enough to use medicines wisely. Again no problem to get it in South Africa.

Anyway, the laws here can go from a no to a yes and back to a no, in a milli second.

wow, you were at stage 4 cancer and you survived it with CBD? I have heard of evidence that it can shrink tumours, but to recover fully from a stage 4 cancer is really remarkable. If that is the case, it is absolutely DISGUSTING how governments are preventing people access to this plant, it's ridiculous 

Guest Jerry787

I Salute the Thai Government for such positive initial step, please move forward to legalize full medical use of Cannabis and Kratom 

3 hours ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

wow, you were at stage 4 cancer and you survived it with CBD? I have heard of evidence that it can shrink tumours, but to recover fully from a stage 4 cancer is really remarkable. If that is the case, it is absolutely DISGUSTING how governments are preventing people access to this plant, it's ridiculous 

Simple answer really.... Money. South Africa sells canna oils around the world, but its only legal in the Cape Town area by court order. Australia sells its canna oils to Canada, denying Australians their own produce. Its illegal in Australia.

Lesutho sells its cannabis to the world, but its an illegal drug in the mountain kingdom.

Money money money.

Chemo is designed to kill you slowly while making you pay as much as the doctors or hospitals can squeeze out of you, before you expire.

See the money pattern.

Watch on youtube canna oils stop chronic Parkinsons shaking in under 20 minutes.

Personally I think money has helped doctors forget their Hippocratic Oath and go for greedy money instead.

I wont even begin to tell you of the thieving by Thailands Private Hospitals. That you can check up by asking for a proceedure, then ask the price if you pay using a health insurance, then ask the price if you self pay.

Even hospital doctors are openly dissussing this greed now.

5 hours ago, Shiver said:

I was initially hopeful that this eventually might make Kratom 'safe' to possess.  Since it grows here and I would prefer something social that isn't alcohol, I had a quick re-read on Erowid and it seems Kratom can give the liver a very hard time.  Just a heads up for anyone considering the same.

Btw, I've ordered CBD for delivery here, thinking it was legal (because zero to negligible THC).  It got here without issue or mis-description on packaging, but I noticed zero effect from it, which is unlike what most comments say.  I haven't tried to order anything like it again as it looks like it's not legislated for in a water tight way.  Probably down to 'the officer on duty' as many things are.

Have you lost your GD mind ? You are smuggling by doing this. If there are even trace amounts of THC, you are facing serious consequences. 

19 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Thank you. Your input means alot to me.

It would have mewnt even more had you actually understood my post, and your response been coherent.

Understand your post ? You’re a simpleton. It’s very easy to understand. Are you new to Thailand. ? Everyone knows about the extra payments under the table. I learned that the first few days I was here. Now it’s as common as Som tum ? bala

1 hour ago, yougivemebaby said:

Have you lost your GD mind ? You are smuggling by doing this. If there are even trace amounts of THC, you are facing serious consequences. 

Your 100% correct

They know what they are looking for now.

I know a guy who knows a guy that ordered cannabis concentrate from the USA. He got a letter to go pick up the package from Lak Si customs.

Hasn't been heard from since.

This was about 6 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Simple answer really.... Money. South Africa sells canna oils around the world, but its only legal in the Cape Town area by court order. Australia sells its canna oils to Canada, denying Australians their own produce. Its illegal in Australia.

Lesutho sells its cannabis to the world, but its an illegal drug in the mountain kingdom.

Money money money.

Chemo is designed to kill you slowly while making you pay as much as the doctors or hospitals can squeeze out of you, before you expire.

See the money pattern.

Watch on youtube canna oils stop chronic Parkinsons shaking in under 20 minutes.

Personally I think money has helped doctors forget their Hippocratic Oath and go for greedy money instead.

I wont even begin to tell you of the thieving by Thailands Private Hospitals. That you can check up by asking for a proceedure, then ask the price if you pay using a health insurance, then ask the price if you self pay.

Even hospital doctors are openly dissussing this greed now.

I have heard and seen of people surviving cancer from natural means, as well as chemo though. 
But anyway, what oils in specific did you use when you were going through that ordeal? 

36 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

I have heard and seen of people surviving cancer from natural means, as well as chemo though. 
But anyway, what oils in specific did you use when you were going through that ordeal? 

Used high thc dose 3.5%. Never attemt to use this in the US. Their max limit for thc is 1% I believe, yes thats in states where medicinal cannabis is legal.

Just in on thai gezer, chap got busted growing his own stuff in BKK. I believe the penalty could be up to 15 years in a monkey house.

14 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Used high thc dose 3.5%. Never attemt to use this in the US. Their max limit for thc is 1% I believe, yes thats in states where medicinal cannabis is legal.

Just in on thai gezer, chap got busted growing his own stuff in BKK. I believe the penalty could be up to 15 years in a monkey house.

Yeah tough sentence for growing a couple pot plants, hopefully times will change in this nation.
So do you think if you would have used 1% it wouldn't have cured you in the same way that the higher doses did? 

18 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

I meant I have ordered it in the past.  It was labelled accurately and was allowed though.  There is legislation for seeds and industrial hemp growing, but hemp oil (food cooking oil) and concentrates aren't directly addressed in anything I can find.  It's not a recreational drug, or a prescription, and has no psychoactive properties.  It's a long time ago now.  I wouldn't be writing about it on a public forum if I thought I'd flouted the law now would I.  Since it was an isolate canaboidiol and *not* from the popular plants so often vilified, it wouldn't contain *any* THC like full spectrum canabinoids might (not even the 0.x% threshold).

On May 17, 2018 at 9:46 AM, Inepto Cracy said:

I actually had stage 3 testicular cancer back in 2005.  I don't have any problems getting codeine over the counter here or any benzodiazepine medications from doctors here.  I'm actually glad I'm here because of all the opioid hysteria back in the states right now.  When I have back flare ups sometimes it's easier for me to just go buy some codeine over the counter real quick instead of going to the hospital for a morphine shot.  Next time I go to the hospital I'm going to tell them no more X-rays I'm not paying for it because I already know what's wrong with my back and so do they.  Although I do suspect that I might need surgery again because the flare ups have been getting much worse lately.    I should probably just see about having another surgery because I've been taking the codeine to frequently over the past few months and when I stop taking it I always experience withdrawal symptoms.  At least I know I have easy access to it when I need it.  You just have to know which pharmacies to go to around here, some have whatever you want and others are more restrictive.  

On May 17, 2018 at 9:52 AM, bsdthai said:

I think im starting to get a cold or flu or something.... Can i get a couple grams?

Actually they sell cough syrup that contains opium over the counter at any pharmacy here even at Seven Eleven.  

CBD does not belong to the category of drugs listed at the UN codex and Thai laws.
The only problem it could arise is importing illegal pharmaceutical products that have no Thai FDA approval

22 hours ago, CLW said:

CBD does not belong to the category of drugs listed at the UN codex and Thai laws.
The only problem it could arise is importing illegal pharmaceutical products that have no Thai FDA approval

Okay. When your meds test positive for THC, tell them in prison they are wrong. I’m sure they will let you out. Honest mistake. 

Okay. When your meds test positive for THC, tell them in prison they are wrong. I’m sure they will let you out. Honest mistake. 
Google European grade cbd oil. It is approved in all EU countries with less than 1 % THC content same as all other approved medicine or food such as oil or cereal from hemp

1 hour ago, CLW said:
2 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

Google European grade cbd oil. It is approved in all EU countries with less than 1 % THC content same as all other approved medicine or food such as oil or cereal from hemp

Trust me, I want some obtain CBD oil as well, but Thai laws are Thai laws. There are certain drugs or molecules that are legal to buy in the EU, 'designer drugs' that are new compounds or research chemicals. They are yet to be banned and made illegal. However, Thai law is such that ANY substance that is a psychedelic, opiate, amphetamine etc, is instantly illegal, even if it has literally just flown right out of the lab. 
Similarly, something with even 0.1% THC is illegal in this country, it's crazy I know, but it is what it is. They don't play by EU laws, as this isn't the EU 

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect that at least step one of four on the path to liberalizing the Kingdoms drug policy to be completed by the end of next year. So sometime in the next 18 months you might be able to get access to your CBD oil, might happen sooner.  But they are working on it. 

Blame the UN conventions since the 60s for the nature of Thailands drug laws, all signatories have a similar mess.  The UN has recently reversed course on their ideas of how to deal with the trade 

Archived