Video: Motorcycle taxi driver kicks German tourist in the face after he was given the finger

webfact

7 hours ago, connda said:

Thai public sentiment is for the lowlife who kicked the German in the face while he wasn't looking.  My wife is 100% on the side of the Thai kicking him in the face.  And that is why this won't change either.  It's ingrained into the Thai culture.  Underneath the surface there is a lot of hate for non-Thais by Thais.

I'm seeing plenty of comments in Thai on the side of the German, on Facebook

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WorldTravellerMUC said:

he German guy disagrees with locking his bike and asks for a ticket.

Then the "Motorbike-Taxi-Hero" thought it is a good day to kick a tourist in the face since he is angry.

That's not what happened, Didn't you watch the video ? 

He tried to remove the bike , even if it was locked by the police. If he had asked for a ticket nothing would have happened and he would have had to pay the fine at the police station. 

And then the kick in the face happened, of course the taxi driver should have been arrested for this, but the whole situation could have been avoided. 

Unfortunately we don't see the reason the WIN had for his attack on this guy, nothing to be seen on the video. Although I feel confident the tourist had not kicked him in the face,

Welcome to Thailand and 'The Land of Smiles'... that moniker is becoming a bad joke. 

Charges could be pressed against the guy for his actions, but we know it would only end in a derisory fine.

This just passed on the morning news and the motorcy guy was seen to be smiling and joking sat in front of the police , one of the cops had a smile on his face which dropped quickly when he saw the camera had zoomed in on him.

Sort of sums it up !!

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't catch motor taxis, minivans or  motorcycle anymore, I would rather hire a motorbike or motor vehicle than feed this lot of cheap gutless wanna be mafia, perhaps if we all did the same when away from home, the industry might start getting cleaned up.

Well its always good to dream, and by not supporting them, means I am doing my part, F the lot of them.

Yes, I too have avoided all manner of taxis over the past 9-10 years by cycling and have not so far regretted the decision (knock on wood). It took me years (far too long), however, to develop rules and tactics to cycle relatively safely in urban Bangkok.

2 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Yes, I too have avoided all manner of taxis over the past 9-10 years by cycling and have so far regretted the decision (knock on wood). It took me years, however, to develop rules and tactics to cycle relatively safely in urban Bangkok.

I think you meant to put the words have not before regretted in your sentence 555

On 17/05/2018 at 1:49 AM, mikebell said:

It amazes me that taxi drivers on 4 or 2 wheels get public service licences; they then drive without lights; break all manner of safe driving rules; are never apprehended by Pattaya Plod; get to indulge in all kinds of intimidating behaviour; do not use their meters against the laws of the land; besmirch Pattaya's reputation as a 'World Class Resort' and are never prosecuted.

And I expect a German -- and most other European -- driving licence is much harder to get than a Thai one!

On 5/17/2018 at 7:49 AM, mikebell said:

It amazes me that taxi drivers on 4 or 2 wheels get public service licences; they then drive without lights; break all manner of safe driving rules; are never apprehended by Pattaya Plod; get to indulge in all kinds of intimidating behaviour; do not use their meters against the laws of the land; besmirch Pattaya's reputation as a 'World Class Resort' and are never prosecuted.

There are also motorbike taxis outside the police station that aren't registered as taxis. What do the police do about them!!!

12 minutes ago, Phil Here said:

There are also motorbike taxis outside the police station that aren't registered as taxis. What do the police do about them!!!

Are you there? seeing this?

For the most part people are biased towards wherever they come from. Brits, Aussie, Germans, Americans, Thais , etc our apt to stand up for their own. Here in Thailand Thais have home field advantage just as anyone would have in his home country. Likewise people from different countries have their own rules about how to properly smack someone up side the head. In the west we use our fists, here they use their feet. In the west we have gangs, likewise here. Not defending this POS motoboy but the German had a considerable size advantage so if you are inclined to sucker punch somebody it was an opportune moment while he was bent over holding the full weight of the moto. If indeed biggin gave junior the finger he should have been prepared to square off as opposed to bending over allowing the little guy to practice punting his skull. He was also obstructing justice by messing with the bike. Most likely a Thai anywhere in the USA would have been handed his ass by the police or others if he played the fool like Adolf Van Stringbean. Again not defending the Thai, he is the type of moron one comes to expect here, Adolf should have just shut his mouth and paid the fine. Hopefully lesson learned because Thai will always be Thai until they go elsewhere and are schooled properly.

4 minutes ago, GBW said:

Sucker punch = 6 months minimum in Australia.     

Not so sure in this case without audio or being there. There  obviously was some verbal altercation taking place in which case the German should have had his guard up. When you travel and talk smack you ought to research how the locals typically respond and not just be an open target saying "Please kick me in the head". Like visiting South Side Chicago there are things you don't do or say about the locals if your not from there. If the German shot the bird there brothers would be shooting each other for the right to shoot Adolf in the head.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:11 AM, JimmyTheMook said:

Looks like he was a police lacky / suckup who was helping lock up the bikes and the idiot German was actually doing what?

didn't see him give anyone the finger the German looks like he had his hands full with the bike :cheesy:

41 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Not so sure in this case without audio or being there. There  obviously was some verbal altercation taking place in which case the German should have had his guard up. When you travel and talk smack you ought to research how the locals typically respond and not just be an open target saying "Please kick me in the head". Like visiting South Side Chicago there are things you don't do or say about the locals if your not from there. If the German shot the bird there brothers would be shooting each other for the right to shoot Adolf in the head.

"Not so sure in this case without  audio or being there".  ?   

How on earth can you surmise, that the German was talking 'smack'.  

Why comment?

Are you accusing the victim ?'' Maybe the taxi  bloke had better mind his business, his sucking up to cops, or  whatever! 

Well the 'Brother' aint on the south side, sweet home Chicago , he is in Pattaya. The Land Of Smiles. 

He got kicked in the head by a low life, ignorant, self absorbed piece of scum,  that took the opportunity to deliver a cowards hit! 

Whatever the German was doing, is nothing to dowith the taxi guy!

7 minutes ago, GBW said:

"Not so sure in this case without  audio or being there".  ?   

How on earth can you surmise, that the German was talking 'smack'.  

Why comment?

Are you accusing the victim ?'' Maybe the taxi  bloke had better mind his business, his sucking up to cops, or  whatever! 

Well the 'Brother' aint on the south side, sweet home Chicago , he is in Pattaya. The Land Of Smiles. 

He got kicked in the head by a low life, ignorant, self absorbed piece of scum,  that took the opportunity to deliver a cowards hit! 

Whatever the German was doing, is nothing to dowith the taxi guy!

How can you surmise the German wasn't talking shit?  Seems to me much more likely they had some beef back and forth as opposed to the thai just kicking a random guy in the face. But then again neither of us know. Of course the Thai is a POS but that is how they roll here and if your out and about you need to be prepared. Not sure but the German appears to be somewhat drunk throughout the video but might be the shot to the face.

2 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

How can you surmise the German wasn't talking shit?  Seems to me much more likely they had some beef back and forth as opposed to the thai just kicking a random guy in the face. But then again neither of us know. Of course the Thai is a POS but that is how they roll here and if your out and about you need to be prepared. Not sure but the German appears to be somewhat drunk throughout the video but might be the shot to the face.

WHat?     I know !!   the soft cock Thai taxi guy kicked the German in the head.. No audio! 

Now you are accusing of the victim being pissed.

Drunk, or  not, did you see that big mother FKR German take a swing?

Or a coward knee, elbow, fist?

NO.

He wanted remove himself from the kaos. 

Kudos to the German.

Not sure how you 'roll'  here, but I DO HOPE,  you never account me!

1 hour ago, GBW said:

I know !!   the soft cock Thai taxi guy kicked the German in the head.. No audio! 

Actually the whole video from almost start to finish as been published with sound. And that video the German did not give the finger ,  and the words he used were:

It's my bike! Go away , go away , go away , its my bike. Do not touch , go away go away  etc. I did not hear him say fxx you , but that might happened before the video started.

On 17.5.2018 at 7:49 AM, mikebell said:

What was the topic ?

Archived