Video: Motorcycle taxi driver kicks German tourist in the face after he was given the finger

webfact

15 hours ago, balo said:

It's my bike! Go away , go away , go away , its my bike. Do not touch , go away go away  etc

Where did you see that video ?  its not the one posted at the beginning of this thread.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the video from post #122  its possible he gave the police a middle finger salute !  one of those 3 police had a helmet cam maybe with some clearer footage...anyway Mr Taxi was fined 500 baht and Mr German just wanted to go home...so that's that then. :shock1:   :w00t:

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Where did you see that video ?  its not the one posted at the beginning of this thread.

I work for the CIA and have special access to the central intelligence agencies in Thailand. Shh! Don't tell anyone, I don't want my cover blown,

The full incident.

The kick from the motorcycle guy was unnecessary and a mean attack.
Anyway how far would the German have gone with dragging the locked motorcycle.
Anyway he needed to unlock it. Because the rental shop quite likely keep his passport as deposit.

Cowardly behaviour from the German. I wonder if he would do the same to german policemen. And they'll surely would do more than just talking calm to him. He's an idiot. Point.
And guessing, he wasn't even in the right. Assuming he only has a EU car drivers licence that is not enough for most if not all scooters here because they have more than 50ccm.

33 minutes ago, CLW said:

The kick from the motorcycle guy was unnecessary and a mean attack.
Anyway how far would the German have gone with dragging the locked motorcycle.
Anyway he needed to unlock it. Because the rental shop quite likely keep his passport as deposit.

Cowardly behaviour from the German. I wonder if he would do the same to german policemen. And they'll surely would do more than just talking calm to him. He's an idiot. Point.
And guessing, he wasn't even in the right. Assuming he only has a EU car drivers licence that is not enough for most if not all scooters here because they have more than 50ccm.

They don't keep,your passport just copy your photo page. 

i cant believe i read 9 pages already and no one even mention or considers that the German guy wears a helmet???

So,  Thai guy must be a genius puncher if he can get the power to contact direct to the head.

even then it was a half-a$$ed girly kick at that.

but shultz put in a great act holding his head and such. 

grammy award sir!

the last time i see a guy beating up someone with a helmet on is a Terence Hill and Bud Spencer movie.lol

8 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

no one even mention or considers that the German guy wears a helmet???

You notice its not a full face helmet  so his jaw/nose/cheeks are fully vulnerable to the kick and punch, 

of course if it was a proper kick instead of a  "half-a$$ed girly kick"  

the Germans head would have flown off !! and he would have had something to complain about then eyy ?

9 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

i cant believe i read 9 pages already and no one even mention or considers that the German guy wears a helmet???

So,  Thai guy must be a genius puncher if he can get the power to contact direct to the head.

even then it was a half-a$$ed girly kick at that.

but shultz put in a great act holding his head and such. 

grammy award sir!

the last time i see a guy beating up someone with a helmet on is a Terence Hill and Bud Spencer movie.lol

Watch the video fffs

17 minutes ago, johng said:

You notice its not a full face helmet  so his jaw/nose/cheeks are fully vulnerable to the kick and punch, 

of course if it was a proper kick instead of a  "half-a$$ed girly kick"  

the Germans head would have flown off !! and he would have had something to complain about then eyy ?

please hear me. im not trying to condone the Thai thug behaviour.

but the kick itself look like it was the Thai guys boot thats connected more with the side/earpiece of the helmet instead of the face.

ok he gets a fairy tap slap after that but is a long ways from a lennox lewis jab.

he doesnt give the finger to anyone.

easy to see he has had a few sherbets also.

he shoos the policeman away first and waves a clenched fist as if to punch, which is even worse.

most countries they lock you up for attempted assault at a policemen.

yes its not up to the taxi guy to intervene but i think the German puts on a bit of an act about it and he was in the wrong all along after all

21 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

he shoos the policeman away first and waves a clenched fist as if to punch, which is even worse.

most countries they lock you up for attempted assault at a policemen.

Yes the police seemed to be very very tolerant.

On 5/17/2018 at 2:38 PM, JAZZDOG said:

Moral of story; Always wear full-faced helmet while visiting Thailand, always 24/7

Also in bed and a special protection for the little "farang', should he have a gf on the side. 

On 17.5.2018 at 12:43 PM, Kieran00001 said:

I just found the relevant Thai law, if the tourist comes from a country with a treaty with Thailand for the mutual acceptance of licences then the tourists home licence is accepted.  Any country who has signed either the Geneva or the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic has this treaty with Thailand.  They all signed to accept each others licences, some countries made reservations such as foreigners working as passenger vehicle drivers to require the local testing, but Thailand signed and ratified without reservation.  So, the German was legal, assuming his licence was for the bike he was riding.

http://driving-in-thailand.com/motor-vehicle-act/#03

https://treaties.un.org/pages/ViewDetailsIII.aspx?src=TREATY&mtdsg_no=XI-B-19&chapter=11&Temp=mtdsg3&clang=_en

Also read what is written in the sentence before the one that you quoted, Section 42:

If the driver is an alien who doesn’t have an immigrant visa, he may drive a motor vehicle with a driver’s license specified in the Section 42-2. In such a case, he must carry documents specified by the treaty between the Thai government and the government which issued such driver’s license, and show them to competent officers upon request.

I'm quite sure that in the treaty it says you have to carry the international drivers permit

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Also read what is written in the sentence before the one that you quoted, Section 42:

I'm quite sure that in the treaty it says you have to carry the international drivers permit

See if you can find it if you like.

https://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trans/conventn/Conv_road_traffic_EN.pdf

The whole idea of the convention was to make an internationally understood licensing to enable road traffic to move between countries easier, the convention stipulates the coding to use and how the information on the license should be laid out, the idea is that all member states licenses function as international permits for other member states.

30 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

See if you can find it if you like.

https://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trans/conventn/Conv_road_traffic_EN.pdf

The whole idea of the convention was to make an internationally understood licensing to enable road traffic to move between countries easier, the convention stipulates the coding to use and how the information on the license should be laid out, the idea is that all member states licenses function as international permits for other member states.

Chapter IV, Article 41:

2. Contracting Parties shall recognize:

(a) Any domestic permit drawn up in their national language or in one of their national languages, or, if not drawn up in such a language, accompanied by a certified translation;

(b) Any domestic permit conforming to the provisions of Annex 6 to this Convention; and

(c) Any international permit conforming to the provisions of Annex 7 to this Convention;

A. Imho english isn't a national language of Thailand, so just because a driving license is in english doesn't make it valid as some people claim, but you could get a translation of it instead of an IDP

B. Here it gets difficult. Annex 6 was updated in 2011. I know that Thailand only signed this convention in 1968 and that's it. My German driving license matches the updated version of Annex 6, but not the original version which Thailand signed. So i would say my German license doesn't match the one described in Annex 6 (the version signed by Thailand) and thus it's not valid. Of course if you have an older driving license from before 2011 it might match the first version of Annex 6 and should thus be valid.

C. Annex 7 describes how the international drivers permit looks like, that's easy, if you have one it's valid.

7 hours ago, johng said:

Oh yes, In Brazil the Federal Police would have taken Von Wessel to the back of the favela were his momma would never find him. The Thai cops are very cool ! 

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Chapter IV, Article 41:

A. Imho english isn't a national language of Thailand, so just because a driving language is in english doesn't make it valid as some people claim, but you could get a translation of it instead of an IDP

B. Here it gets difficult. Annex 6 was updated in 2011. I know that Thailand only signed this convention in 1968 and that's it. My German driving license matches the updated version of Annex 6, but not the original version which Thailand signed. So i would say my German license doesn't match the one described in Annex 6 (the version signed by Thailand) and thus it's not valid. Of course if you have an older driving license from before 2011 it might match the first version of Annex 6 and should thus be valid.

C. Annex 7 describes how the international drivers permit looks like, that's easy, if you have one it's valid.

Do you seriously think a Thai cop with a 4th grade education is going to sort that out. I've pulled out that doc and it works everytime, cops have seen it before and just wave me on. 

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Chapter IV, Article 41:

A. Imho english isn't a national language of Thailand, so just because a driving license is in english doesn't make it valid as some people claim, but you could get a translation of it instead of an IDP

driving is different ...............  you must have a valid motor bike license 

On 5/17/2018 at 8:39 AM, stanleycoin said:

Ah yes, the Taxi rider scum of pattaya.

teaching respect to the tourists. 

How unusual. :coffee1:

must have been because taxi driver did not get his fare , so customer service was not on the menu 

16 hours ago, johng said:

for all the bad stuff said about them i actually think they are probably the most tolerant in the world.

certainly if this happened in <xxxxxx> it would be either guns drawn or another rodney king incident 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 10:57 AM, mentalcolonization said:

these guys need to travel out of Thailand to see how civilized other countries are 

They must think they are doing ok, cos so many Farangs from so called civilised countries want to be in Thailand, you included !

On 6/11/2018 at 7:04 PM, OmoElGigante said:

what a <deleted> dog. seems typical of these guys. dogs, in packs 

Yes, whereas Farangs have a strict one on one policy....lol, I know that years and years ago back in the 70's, it was certainly not one on one, I think many of you guys on Thaivisa are really old and living in the past.

• 1 month later...

A real specimen of Thai bravery and courage, waiting until the guy is bent over then coming out of nowhere to kick him. The tuktuk and mototaxi drivers are mafiosos routinely jipping the tourists, and they resent the motorbike rentals in Pattaya because it takes away customers. Nonetheless, there is a subset of Thai men who are just waiting for a chance to take a cheap shot at farang. As far as the police targeting of foreigners, the same thing happens everyday in Cambodia. You think it's bad here? Don't go to Latin America. You don't know what corrupt and dangerous is until you've traveled in Mexico, Brazil, Columbia, etc. At least they fined the Thai man this time, and the foreigner wasn't some drunk idiot that was KO'ed by a single punch.

A real specimen of Thai bravery and courage, waiting until the guy is bent over then coming out of nowhere to kick him. The tuktuk and mototaxi drivers are mafiosos routinely jipping the tourists, and they resent the motorbike rentals in Pattaya because it takes away customers. Nonetheless, there is a subset of Thai men who are just waiting for a chance to take a cheap shot at farang. As far as the police targeting of foreigners, the same thing happens everyday in Cambodia. You think it's bad here? Don't go to Latin America. You don't know what corrupt and dangerous is until you've traveled in Mexico, Brazil, Columbia, etc. At least they fined the Thai man this time, and the foreigner wasn't some drunk idiot that was KO'ed by a single punch.
Well, that was the second part of the story and I agree with you. But first he disrepected a police order and for a high propability the police was in the right because he could not show a motorcycle license. Try disrepecting the police in that way in the US or Europe and you'll end up in a cell.

2 hours ago, CLW said:
2 hours ago, dpspike said:

Well, that was the second part of the story and I agree with you. But first he disrepected a police order and for a high propability the police was in the right because he could not show a motorcycle license. Try disrepecting the police in that way in the US or Europe and you'll end up in a cell.

You seem to object to my comment, but it's unclear why. Maybe you think he deserved to be kicked in the face? The video is "Motorcycle taxi driver kicks German tourist in the face after he was given the finger", so I'm commenting on that, which is shown in the video. The guy who kicked him is not a policeman, so what gives him the right to assault people if you and I don't have that right?

I said it happens everyday in Cambodia to point out that Thailand is not the only place where this happens. Didn't say approved or didn't approve because it really doesn't matter what I think. The US and Europe have nothing to do with this video, so I'm not sure what you are comparing with that statement. Maybe you didn't like my comment about Latin America? Want to tell me the police are not worse there? 

Archived