Video: Motorcycle taxi driver kicks German tourist in the face after he was given the finger

webfact

The Thai motor cycle taxi driver waited until the German tourist was in the most vulnerable position possible to kick him hard in the face.  I don't see any provocation by the German tourist.  All I see is an aggravated assault by a Thai motorcycle taxi driver.  I see one Thai man put his hand out to stop the Thai taxi driver from attacking the German tourist again.

This is aggressive and aggravated assault. The taxi driver could have injured the tourist for life (e.g., concussion).  A simple fine is too small of a punishment.  The motorcycle driver should be held in jail for assault until trial and then serve at least six months in prison (yes, a fair trial, but there is video of the incident). 

If the authorities really want to stop these kinds of assaults, they need to really punish the thugs that perpetrate these sort of assaults.  A fine is not punishment enough. Unless and until this sort of thuggish behavior is punished, Pattaya will have a deserved reputation as a lawless and dangerous city.

Imagine what would have happened if this happened in the days when most people did not have smart phones with video cameras in their pockets?  

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2018 at 8:32 AM, mercman24 said:

just air two of my favourite HATES< why do the ride with their indicators still on, too figgin lazy to cancel them, and the riding with no rear lights, and wonder why they get run over in the dark ,, grrr.

They do get run over. Motorcyclists in Thailand perish at a very high rate but like squirrels more pop up, there is an unlimited supply.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Google knows about the do's and don't do's.. When I am working abroad (also in Germany) road rages are getting common and as "tourist" you should get yourself informed what happens when you bring your country to the country where you want to be as guest, seeing another culture, mentality.. 

Instead of a finger a smile could have avoid it.

On the other hand the motorbike taxis at beach road think they own the beach road.

My bro in law picked me once up and got troubled for that.

Unfortunately he is quite a Number in the army and even 10 wai were not enough to get out of that trouble as he returned in full uniform.

The bikes (four) were taken into the army camp and returned a month later after the lessons were learned.. 

Made me laughing big time.. 

Archived