37 foreigners arrested in searches around Thailand

webfact

37 foreigners arrested in searches around kingdom

By The Nation

17-rca_180517_0002-1024x453.jpg

Pictures (3): Thai Tourist Police

Tourist police joined forces with other police agencies to search 104 locations around the country Wednesday night and arrested 37 foreigners, deputy tourist police chief Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal said early Thursday.

17-rca_180517_0062-1024x682.jpg

Surachet held a press conference in RCA on Rama IX Road to announce the results of the 11th “X-ray Outlaw Foreigner” Operation.

Surachet said six were arrested for overstaying visa, broken down into one Swiss, one Senegalese, one Russian, one Indian, one Vietnamese, and one Ivory Coast citizen.

17-rca_180517_0015-1024x682.jpg

He said 27 others were arrested for unlawful entry into the kingdom and four others on other charges.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30345611

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-17

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my experience the Thai Police could be more efficient and productive by following up on their meager successes. Lower Sukhumvit Road, especially the odd number sois between 1 and Asoke are crawling with foreigners that can be observed to be dealing drugs, human trafficking and con men ready to take any victims money. The police should do more video surveillance, immigration checks on the loiterers and everyone detained automatically has their residence searched for evidence of criminal activity and associate criminals.
Stop the raids for the press that are embarrassing the police in general and do the work. In no reality in this universe are these raids a deterrent to the criminals involved.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, cms22 said:

More xenophobia in Thailand. What a surprise. 

27 arrested for unlawful entry, others arrested for overstay......while I agree there is a lot of Xenophobia here, I cannot see it in these cases. All I see are Tourist Police doing at least part of the job they are employed to do.  To be Honest I wish England would do more in this area, maybe get rid of a large amount of freeloading foreigners back to where they came from.

8 minutes ago, greenchair said:

A lot of these people have families that they support here. Including many of them support thai families and children that are not their own. 

What's the harm in doing a bit of English teaching to help the Thai. That man has not a care in the world for the families he is destroying with the stroke of a pen. 

I wouldn't be sad if he met a bus loaded with them. 

So, what you are saying is that a person that creates a family with children, or chose to live with one do not have to think about the position he put himself in. Can he afford this without breaking the law in the country he want to stay?

Where I come from you plan your life, before you enter something that you can´t handle. Maybe you come from another side of the world.

Wow, that must be a nice feeling coming as a money spending tourist to Thailand and have some fun evening at RCA.

And then comes some xenophobic police force that puts all foreigners under general suspicion that they are overstaying, drug taking and working illegally.

If I were a tourist I would choose another country next time where I'm not harassed and treated like unwanted but want only my money.

52 minutes ago, peperobi said:

That is the proof that all the criminals are farangs...no Thai!

Well Thai nationals have the right to live in their own country.

I don’t like comparisons to the West - as often not very relevant to living here. 

On the other hand my home country has an estimated 2 million illegal immigrants.

With no paperwork or legal status I have no idea how these people survive ? 

I would suggest the majority on this forum make sure they are legal.

So good for Thailand for rounding some of the illegal immigrants ( can’t imagine many are asylum seekers ) 

31 minutes ago, CLW said:

Wow, that must be a nice feeling coming as a money spending tourist to Thailand and have some fun evening at RCA.

And then comes some xenophobic police force that puts all foreigners under general suspicion that they are overstaying, drug taking and working illegally.

If I were a tourist I would choose another country next time where I'm not harassed and treated like unwanted but want only my money.

They don't like us now,  we tend to answer back to them. ( disrespectful Falangs)

unlike the Chinese lemmings they have now,  on mass.

10-15 years time,  they will hate the Chinese  100 times more than us.

as the smart Chinese,   will be buying up Thailand under there noses. 

TIT. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, grantbkk said:

From my experience the Thai Police could be more efficient and productive by following up on their meager successes. Lower Sukhumvit Road, especially the odd number sois between 1 and Asoke are crawling with foreigners that can be observed to be dealing drugs, human trafficking and con men ready to take any victims money. The police should do more video surveillance, immigration checks on the loiterers and everyone detained automatically has their residence searched for evidence of criminal activity and associate criminals.
Stop the raids for the press that are embarrassing the police in general and do the work. In no reality in this universe are these raids a deterrent to the criminals involved.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Could it be that many of these farangs on Sukhumvit Road are the " protected ones" that are doing the bib's bidding such as reselling the drugs that the bib have confiscating from the big dealers?

2 hours ago, cms22 said:

More xenophobia in Thailand. What a surprise. 

Non xenophobians should not live in Thailand.go live in Johannesburg and live with the brothers.for Christ sake what do suggest they do.send half the force running around wasting their time pulling white tourist that mostly comply to the law and immigration rules.meanwhile it then gives time for these to go about their dodgy business.i truly dislike overstayers because why should they walk around Thailand for nothing while I have to keep 800,000b in the bank to stay here.i don't even want to think how much its depreciating every year.its people like you that have ruined most of Europe with your chanting xenophibia.intergration don't work full stop.look at America and Israel and Africa if you don't believe me.oh and just to point out that they do arrest whites as well it's just the majority  of whites that happen to pass all the immigration checks where as the others don't.

14 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

They don't like us now,  we tend to answer back to them. ( disrespectful Falangs)

unlike the Chinese lemmings they have now,  on mass.

10-15 years time,  they will hate the Chinese  100 times more than us.

as the smart Chinese,   will be buying up Thailand under there noses. 

TIT. :thumbsup:

Aw, poor baby, nobody likes us, nobody loves us, just because we're smarter than them eh? 

Troll.

20 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

'criminals' haha!

Yup, odd as it may seem, people who don't have a visa, people who are working illegally, they are criminals, did I strike a nerve!

24 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

What is your definition of a criminal?

Someone who breaks the law?

Strange post 

So that makes you a 'criminal' too then...because no matter how perfect you may think you are, at some point in your life you would have broken a law. Correct or not?

5 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Simply these 37 persons could not afford to pay. End of this story.

"Simply these 37 persons could not afford to pay for or were not eligible . End of this story. for a visa".

Archived