BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

37 foreigners arrested in searches around Thailand

37 foreigners arrested in searches around kingdom

By The Nation

17-rca_180517_0002-1024x453.jpg

Pictures (3): Thai Tourist Police

Tourist police joined forces with other police agencies to search 104 locations around the country Wednesday night and arrested 37 foreigners, deputy tourist police chief Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal said early Thursday.

17-rca_180517_0062-1024x682.jpg

Surachet held a press conference in RCA on Rama IX Road to announce the results of the 11th “X-ray Outlaw Foreigner” Operation.

Surachet said six were arrested for overstaying visa, broken down into one Swiss, one Senegalese, one Russian, one Indian, one Vietnamese, and one Ivory Coast citizen.

17-rca_180517_0015-1024x682.jpg

He said 27 others were arrested for unlawful entry into the kingdom and four others on other charges.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30345611

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-17

He is like the pied piper on his crusade against those nasty over-stayers. 

From my experience the Thai Police could be more efficient and productive by following up on their meager successes. Lower Sukhumvit Road, especially the odd number sois between 1 and Asoke are crawling with foreigners that can be observed to be dealing drugs, human trafficking and con men ready to take any victims money. The police should do more video surveillance, immigration checks on the loiterers and everyone detained automatically has their residence searched for evidence of criminal activity and associate criminals.
Stop the raids for the press that are embarrassing the police in general and do the work. In no reality in this universe are these raids a deterrent to the criminals involved.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

More xenophobia in Thailand. What a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, cms22 said:

27 arrested for unlawful entry, others arrested for overstay......while I agree there is a lot of Xenophobia here, I cannot see it in these cases. All I see are Tourist Police doing at least part of the job they are employed to do.  To be Honest I wish England would do more in this area, maybe get rid of a large amount of freeloading foreigners back to where they came from.

Thought you could get 27 in the main street of Pattaya and this number is throughout Thailand Hmmm

That is the proof that all the criminals are farangs...no Thai!

Get rid of those blondes especially.

We don't want them corrupting the Thai women, do we?  :cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, cms22 said:

This is not xenophobia, this is a case of the police arresting and deporting criminals.

8 minutes ago, greenchair said:

A lot of these people have families that they support here. Including many of them support thai families and children that are not their own. 

What's the harm in doing a bit of English teaching to help the Thai. That man has not a care in the world for the families he is destroying with the stroke of a pen. 

I wouldn't be sad if he met a bus loaded with them. 

So, what you are saying is that a person that creates a family with children, or chose to live with one do not have to think about the position he put himself in. Can he afford this without breaking the law in the country he want to stay?

Where I come from you plan your life, before you enter something that you can´t handle. Maybe you come from another side of the world.

Wow, that must be a nice feeling coming as a money spending tourist to Thailand and have some fun evening at RCA.

And then comes some xenophobic police force that puts all foreigners under general suspicion that they are overstaying, drug taking and working illegally.

If I were a tourist I would choose another country next time where I'm not harassed and treated like unwanted but want only my money.

32 minutes ago, car720 said:

Get rid of those blondes especially.

We don't want them corrupting the Thai women, do we?  :cheesy::cheesy:

Amen

53 minutes ago, peperobi said:

That is the proof that all the criminals are farangs...no Thai!

Well, it is called: Operation X-Ray Foreigner, so there`s the clue.