37 foreigners arrested in searches around Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, grantbkk said:

From my experience the Thai Police could be more efficient and productive by following up on their meager successes. Lower Sukhumvit Road, especially the odd number sois between 1 and Asoke are crawling with foreigners that can be observed to be dealing drugs, human trafficking and con men ready to take any victims money. The police should do more video surveillance, immigration checks on the loiterers and everyone detained automatically has their residence searched for evidence of criminal activity and associate criminals.
Stop the raids for the press that are embarrassing the police in general and do the work. In no reality in this universe are these raids a deterrent to the criminals involved.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

By foreigners could you explain what you mean.

Is it the colour.?

The language?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachet said six were arrested for overstaying visa, broken down into one Swiss, one Senegalese, one Russian, one Indian, one Vietnamese, and one Ivory Coast citizen

I feel safer already.

5 hours ago, grantbkk said:

From my experience the Thai Police could be more efficient and productive by following up on their meager successes. Lower Sukhumvit Road, especially the odd number sois between 1 and Asoke are crawling with foreigners that can be observed to be dealing drugs, human trafficking and con men ready to take any victims money. The police should do more video surveillance, immigration checks on the loiterers and everyone detained automatically has their residence searched for evidence of criminal activity and associate criminals.
Stop the raids for the press that are embarrassing the police in general and do the work. In no reality in this universe are these raids a deterrent to the criminals involved.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't know... I actually have to disagree here - not on the need to keep drug dealers off the streets (especially foreign dealers), but I feel like they have been mostly wiped up. Have you been to Lower Sukhumvit in the last few weeks? I mean, a month and a half ago it was crawling with Africans openly dealing as well as likely trafficked Africans females involved in prostitution, but the last 2 times I've walked down lately I don't even think I saw a single African. 

And, combined with Craigslist and Backpage closing down, they have really been shut down.

Deporting criminals and illegal workers ? One of the apprehended is a Swiss who overstayed and considering how financially well off the Swiss are, one may have big doubts that the Swiss who was arrested for a visa issue was an illegal worker.

Obviously a careless foolish or perhaps stupid person, who overstayed the 30 days on the Visa Exempt entry.

About time the western media really started to warn it's citizens to avoid Thailand for their holidays as the xenophobia is getting as bad as the white supremacists in the west.

1 hour ago, bkk7 said:

I don't know... I actually have to disagree here - not on the need to keep drug dealers off the streets (especially foreign dealers), but I feel like they have been mostly wiped up. Have you been to Lower Sukhumvit in the last few weeks? I mean, a month and a half ago it was crawling with Africans openly dealing as well as likely trafficked Africans females involved in prostitution, but the last 2 times I've walked down lately I don't even think I saw a single African. 

And, combined with Craigslist and Backpage closing down, they have really been shut down.

That would explain the appearance of the Swiss and Russian do you think

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Yup, odd as it may seem, people who don't have a visa, people who are working illegally, they are criminals, did I strike a nerve!

Yawn :coffee1:

Maybe they can go do some real police work one day,  maybe save a few lives in the process.

Nah. to hard that one, low hanging fruit is so easy.

TIT's

8 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Yawn :coffee1:

Maybe they can go do some real police work one day,  maybe save a few lives in the process.

Nah. to hard that one, low hanging fruit is so easy.

TIT's

I missed the part of the article which said this was all they did all week perhaps you can point it out to me!

23 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

The Empire Strikes Back, ... OK with me. ... As long as they just stick to picking up people who are actually Guilty !

Don't worry they will soon make something up when needed :cheesy:

Look his got the wrong colour flip flops on.  get him :giggle:

19 minutes ago, JAG said:

You really ought to take more soda water in it you know...

Would agree.

The trouble is that we have a cult back home - they chant Oh Corbyn at every possible situation.

This cult has been very successful in their use of social media .

Sadly the cult’s headquarters have been alerted to ThaiVisa. So people -  expect more of this nonsense. 

Sadly  Thailand has a ton of people from Africa and other nearby countries as well

as Europe who have commited crimes in their own countries, who then flee to

Thailand to escape justice, until they are finally caught by the police. So I say,  Good

Job for catching these 37 people , but there are many many more like them still in

Thailand, up to no good at all.

Geezer

15 hours ago, cms22 said:

More xenophobia in Thailand. What a surprise. 

No, not in these cases. The clampdown is intended to find those without legal right to remain in the country and deport them, plus those foreigners involved in criminal activities.

I just wish some government department could be as zealous about finding and prosecuting the Thais guilty of corruption and many other crimes.

:sad:

15 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

This is not xenophobia, this is a case of the police arresting and deporting criminals.

Well I suppose they can't deport the local criminals, some effort in arresting more of them too would be welcome. 

Very well done rtp.

Just like everywhere else in the world illegal immigrants need to be shown the door.

I believe those already settled who disrespect thais and thai institutions should be shown the door as well but I suppose I am old fashioned having ideals and manners when ine is a guest.

16 hours ago, peperobi said:

That is the proof that all the criminals are farangs...no Thai!

Not proof of anything you mention... they were targeting "foreigners who may or may not be here illegally"

so why would they target Thais for this reason???

So, what you are saying is that a person that creates a family with children, or chose to live with one do not have to think about the position he put himself in. Can he afford this without breaking the law in the country he want to stay?

Where I come from you plan your life, before you enter something that you can´t handle. Maybe you come from another side of thefo world.

So what your saying is that only foreigners with a degree in needlework should start a family in Thailand?

Come on, everyone knows that 70% of English teachers are without a work permit.

The crackdowns have never targeted these teachers. They just make the visas they get harder to obtain on a regular basis.

The crackdown now is targeting blacks, Indians and migrant workers. It's also after overstayers.

Those people deported with a family in Thailand. I'm sure they can get those family members a visa to travel to their home country. Under international law no one can stop a family being together.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Come on, everyone knows that 70% of English teachers are without a work permit.

So, in your mind. Just because 70%, which is a majority, is teaching without a work permit. Some also on overstay. That makes it perfectly okey, then? Take a deep bow and re-think!

The crackdowns have never targeted these teachers.

Now they appearently do, and that´s perfectly right according to the law and the regulations from The Ministry of Labour.

They just make the visas they get harder to obtain on a regular basis.

And the result they get in every crackdown, supports the need of continuing making it harder. If people follow the laws and regulations on a regular basis, there would be no need for that, right?

So what your saying is that only foreigners with a degree in needlework should start a family in Thailand?

Whenever did I say that? What I said was, that a person that are travelling or planning to reside with or without work included has to know that he can manage and support a family before he creates one or live with one. That, without beeing an active person breaking the laws of the country he decides to stay in.

Archived