37 foreigners arrested in searches around Thailand

webfact

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I suppose they can't deport the local criminals, some effort in arresting more of them too would be welcome. 

This nonsense gets old very quickly, yet another Thai basher who doesn't know what he's talking about. How do you know the police aren't arresting criminals, the Thai prison population is the third largest prison population in Asia, has the highest incarceration rate in Asia and is the 10th most populated in the world, who do you suppose arrested those 311,000 people if not the police, their mothers!

https://thethaiger.com/news/asias-prison-populations-thailand-10-world

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

This nonsense gets old very quickly, yet another Thai basher who doesn't know what he's talking about. How do you know the police aren't arresting criminals, the Thai prison population is the third largest prison population in Asia, has the highest incarceration rate in Asia and is the 10th most populated in the world, who do you suppose arrested those 311,000 people if not the police, their mothers!

https://thethaiger.com/news/asias-prison-populations-thailand-10-world

Oh do behave .

Austin powers.jpg

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Very well done rtp.

Just like everywhere else in the world illegal immigrants need to be shown the door.

I believe those already settled who disrespect thais and thai institutions should be shown the door as well but I suppose I am old fashioned having ideals and manners when ine is a guest.

Respect is not automatic you need to earn it

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

Respect is not automatic you need to earn it

Respect for the person or the individual has to be earned, respect for the entity is usually automatic because it's the entity that it is. I may not know any doctors, nurses or charity workers in Thailand but I can still have respect for them because they operate in those roles. So it is with the Thai police, I may not know any police officers individually and I think that some of them are corrupt and lazy, none of that stops me however from having respect for the Thai Royal Police. If that's not the case, what's the alternative, to have no respect for the role and thusly ignore and criticise it until you think it has reached your required level of proficiency is counterproductive if not foolish. The earlier poster is correct, it's about old fashioned ideals and manners.

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Respect for the person or the individual has to be earned, respect for the entity is usually automatic because it's the entity that it is. I may not know any doctors, nurses or charity workers in Thailand but I can still have respect for them because they operate in those roles. So it is with the Thai police, I may not know any police officers individually and I think that some of them are corrupt and lazy, none of that stops me however from having respect for the Thai Royal Police. If that's not the case, what's the alternative, to have no respect for the role and thusly ignore and criticise it until you think it has reached your required level of proficiency is counterproductive if not foolish. The earlier poster is correct, it's about old fashioned ideals and manners.

Well I am surprised Sir, I have been removed from your ignore list once again this is getting a bit monotonous 

I disagree respect is not given automatically to individuals or entities as that would be condoning all manner of nasty things

Thats how I see it

If this happens again I will create my own ignore list 

Have a nice day

13 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Well I am surprised Sir, I have been removed from your ignore list once again this is getting a bit monotonous 

I disagree respect is not given automatically to individuals or entities as that would be condoning all manner of nasty things

Thats how I see it

If this happens again I will create my own ignore list 

Have a nice day

It just happened again, have at it.

19 hours ago, simoh1490 said:
20 hours ago, cms22 said:

More xenophobia in Thailand. What a surprise. 

This is not xenophobia, this is a case of the police arresting and deporting criminals.

It's not a case of 'either/or', my friends. I think it's both.

19 hours ago, Get Real said:

So, what you are saying is that a person that creates a family with children, or chose to live with one do not have to think about the position he put himself in. Can he afford this without breaking the law in the country he want to stay?

Where I come from you plan your life, before you enter something that you can´t handle. Maybe you come from another side of the world.

So you are saying those children should not be born.

And it's wrong for him to care for a family that is not his own and should desert them to save himself any trouble? 

“From my experience the Thai Police could be more efficient and productive by following up on their meager successes. Lower Sukhumvit Road, especially the odd number sois between 1 and Asoke are crawling with foreigners that can be observed to be dealing drugs, human trafficking and con men ready to take any victims money. The police should do more video surveillance, immigration”

cut it to the chase and call them Africans!

20 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Well Thai nationals have the right to live in their own country.

I don’t like comparisons to the West - as often not very relevant to living here. 

On the other hand my home country has an estimated 2 million illegal immigrants.

With no paperwork or legal status I have no idea how these people survive ? 

I would suggest the majority on this forum make sure they are legal.

So good for Thailand for rounding some of the illegal immigrants ( can’t imagine many are asylum seekers ) 

Are you? Legal?

Whenever did I say that? What I said was, that a person that are travelling or planning to reside with or without work included has to know that he can manage and support a family before he creates one or live with one. That, without beeing an active person breaking the laws of the country he decides to stay in.

When my wife was pregnant we saved up for the birth (delivery) at a nice private hospital. Next I saved up for a cot. And ever since I've been saving for my child. But the night I concieved our little baby I had nothing. Not a couple of baht to rub together. That's probably how 99.9% of the Earth's population came about too. Who saves up $100,000 and plans their kids childhood? Do you have children 'Get Real'? If so, have you got a schedule?
Monday
9am-9:30am Change the nappy,
9:30am-10am Milk Time
10am-10-30am peek a boo
10:30-1pm Nap time

19 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

By foreigners could you explain what you mean.

Is it the colour.?

The language?

Probably both.  We have all seen them.  Even you will have seen them.  That is if you live in Thailand and have ever been there.   I have reason to be in that part of BKK every month or two and the dark faces loitering and obviously up to no good.  It will be good to see at least some of them gone.

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

So, in your mind. Just because 70%, which is a majority, is teaching without a work permit. Some also on overstay. That makes it perfectly okey, then? Take a deep bow and re-think!

Now they appearently do, and that´s perfectly right according to the law and the regulations from The Ministry of Labour.

And the result they get in every crackdown, supports the need of continuing making it harder. If people follow the laws and regulations on a regular basis, there would be no need for that, right?

Whenever did I say that? What I said was, that a person that are travelling or planning to reside with or without work included has to know that he can manage and support a family before he creates one or live with one. That, without beeing an active person breaking the laws of the country he decides to stay in.

Most of them are just criminals in their own country and also here illegally or working here with forged documents.  There are such things as gaols in Swizerland because there are Swiss criminals too. And they are all criminals here if they here illegally.  Good in . Bad out.

Here here!!!!  

19 hours ago, oldlakey said:

That would explain the appearance of the Swiss and Russian do you think

actually i didn't notice... what? swiss and russian dealers/prostitutes on lower sukhumvit?! that can't be right...

On 17/05/2018 at 12:00 PM, grantbkk said:

From my experience the Thai Police could be more efficient and productive by following up on their meager successes. Lower Sukhumvit Road, especially the odd number sois between 1 and Asoke are crawling with foreigners that can be observed to be dealing drugs, human trafficking and con men ready to take any victims money. The police should do more video surveillance, immigration checks on the loiterers and everyone detained automatically has their residence searched for evidence of criminal activity and associate criminals.
Stop the raids for the press that are embarrassing the police in general and do the work. In no reality in this universe are these raids a deterrent to the criminals involved.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good point, especially re Sukhumvit Road. I've always assumed a cut of the takings is passed up the food chain and that's why the cops seldom rock the boat on Sukhumvit. 

10 minutes ago, superman911 said:

How do you share the posts?
Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

image.png.a8819e6d7179c5e71eaf453671779447.png click on this on the post you just made or any post.

n.b. it doesn't work on inactive posts.:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, bkk7 said:

actually i didn't notice... what? swiss and russian dealers/prostitutes on lower sukhumvit?! that can't be right...

Its known as padding we used to do it with our bonus figures it paid off handsomely

at times

Our bosses called it business practice when they helped themselves, we called our version up yours

13 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I personally think you are way off the mark here with your thinking

You have introduced Doctors and Charity workers why I have no idea

The medical profession as a whole deserve all the respect going, as far as Doctors are concerned they earn the right to call themselves Doctors with all their years of study, hence they have earned the respect do to them

You dont need to know them to have respect for them

Thats from day one of their first appointment as a qualified Doctor

That respect is not set in stone it will depend on their professional performance and results as of course it must be where lives are at stake

I have no comment to make as regards charity workers

Any entity that is not fit for purpose and the one involved in this thread certainly needs work

Thats not to say that credit cannot be given when its warranted for its actions or to individual members at times

Automatic respect is not something I am prepared to award just because of a particular uniform, I award it on performance nothing else

As far as your championing of old fashioned ideals and manners, they are just that absolutely no use at all in this situation

58 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I personally think you are way off the mark here with your thinking

You have introduced Doctors and Charity workers why I have no idea

The medical profession as a whole deserve all the respect going, as far as Doctors are concerned they earn the right to call themselves Doctors with all their years of study, hence they have earned the respect do to them

You dont need to know them to have respect for them

Thats from day one of their first appointment as a qualified Doctor

That respect is not set in stone it will depend on their professional performance and results as of course it must be where lives are at stake

I have no comment to make as regards charity workers

Any entity that is not fit for purpose and the one involved in this thread certainly needs work

Thats not to say that credit cannot be given when its warranted for its actions or to individual members at times

Automatic respect is not something I am prepared to award just because of a particular uniform, I award it on performance nothing else

As far as your championing of old fashioned ideals and manners, they are just that absolutely no use at all in this situation

One aspect is that any entity which comprises such a large number of people is difficult to make generalisations about and to pigeonhole as competent, incompetent, respected etc is just not possible, simply, within the entity there will exist a full range of types. The fact however that the entity exists to protect individuals makes it worthy of respect as a group because they might be prepared to put themselves in harms way on my behalf - the fact that some are lazy, scurrilous or corrupt doesn't detract from that. The difference between us on this point is that you are prepared to give credit to individuals but not to the group as the default whereas I am prepared to give the group credit without them being required to prove themselves individually first. Now, stop trolling me, I didn't take you off ignore, I simply read some of your posts from time to to time to see what you might be prattling on about! :post-4641-1156694572:

6 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

One aspect is that any entity which comprises such a large number of people is difficult to make generalisations about and to pigeonhole as competent, incompetent, respected etc is just not possible, simply, within the entity there will exist a full range of types. The fact however that the entity exists to protect individuals makes it worthy of respect as a group because they might be prepared to put themselves in harms way on my behalf - the fact that some are lazy, scurrilous or corrupt doesn't detract from that. The difference between us on this point is that you are prepared to give credit to individuals but not to the group as the default whereas I am prepared to give the group credit without them being required to prove themselves individually first. Now, stop trolling me, I didn't take you off ignore, I simply read some of your posts from time to to time to see what you might be prattling on about! :post-4641-1156694572:

Trolling the usual defence

The proof of the pudding is in the eating as in this case the sum far out weights the few competent ones

I will leave you the last word 

Have a nice weekend

Archived