Grab launches in Hua Hin with discounted rides

webfact

Grab launches in Hua Hin with discounted rides

gr.jpg

Grab Thailand has announced the launch of its ride hailing service in Hua Hin.

To celebrate the launch, Grab is offering a 100 THB discount on the first three rides booked via the Grab app.

Just enter the promo code ‘HUAHIN’ in the promo section of the app and 100 baht will be deducted from the fare.

For those not aware how Grab works, customers can request a taxi in the form of a car or motorbike through the Grab app.

The app knows your location and then you tell it where you want to go.

You can either pay in cash once you reach your destination or through the app, which can be downloaded here: http://grb.to/downloadhhq

On Thursday morning Thaivisa took a Grab from close to the Banyan Golf Course to our office on Soi 94.

The price of the ride should have been 149 THB but cost just 49 THB after using the HUAHIN promo code.

Our driver, who spoke English, picked us up in a fairly new and extremely clean four door Ford Ranger and told us that the firm has about 80 drivers signed up in Hua Hin.

If our journey was anything to go by, Grab will be a welcome addition for people in Hua Hin.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-17

I wonder if they will be the same rip-off transport Mafia as GRAB in Pattaya has become since UBER stopped operating.

The already higher fares (usually 30-40% more expensive than UBER here) fares went up another 40-50% recently.

Trips that had cost me 100 Baht on Uber and 140 on Grab still in March are now 220-240 - we are talking about a 3 KM ride !

It seems like GRAB is not actually GRAB anymore nowadays. If you open the app, the fare will provided not by GRAB, but specifically  " GRAB (Chonburi) ".

I would not be surprised if they have kinda "franchised" their Chonburi/Pattaya operations to the old Taxi Mafia.

The fares are now almost the same as the un-metered yellow-blue Cabs. In many cases I know end up again on a motocy Taxi, driven in madman-style by a Yabaa-infested rude individual. I had hoped those times would never come back.

I WANT MY UBER BACK  :-/

It will be worth to compare with the local taxi cheats on their pick up style motorcycle taxis and the rates given through the Grab app.

This will also put in some competition and calm down the greed of the unmarked freelance taxi cheats in HH, parked along the pavements with Taxi cardboard signs on their roofs !

• 4 weeks later...

Indonesian GO-JEK has announced recently that they plan to extend operations to many other countries in SEA which would be great. GO-JEK works just as good as Grab in Indo, so chances are it will do so in other countries too. Only competition can break the Mafia structures to which GRAB belongs too, at least in tourist towns

Archived