Pheu Thai event on Junta failures draws prosecution threat

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Good on the PT for starting to speak out; I hope that some/all of the pro-Democracy parties might speak up in support; this is a case where it is in the interest of all the Forces of Goodness to stick together, no matter if you like the PTP or not. While I could be wrong, I think it was one of the early Americans fighting the British who said "Either we hang to together or we hang separately". Should the pro-Democracy parties/groups allow themselves to picked off one-by-one, they will only have themselves to blame.

...“They declared that they would reform the political structure but ended up with a Constitution and organic laws that pull democracy far backward and destroy the political party system,” said the statement. “They declared they would reform the economic and social structure but ended up making people poorer. They have not had tangible success with a single reform agenda, despite having invested much of the budget.”...

While I understand that there is lingering dislike and distrust of the PTP (I can't argue with that and won't even try), I hope all will focus on the removal of the Junta as the main priority for the election; if the Thai people allow the Junta another four years to entrench themselves, it'll be almost impossible for the country to move forward and progress into modern times.

The Thai people deserve the leadership of their choice. They also deserve the right to remove that leadership if they so choose.

Presumably along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

Like the Western Allies welcomed "Uncle Joe" Stalin in fighting Hitler. Even though they new he was corrupt, a mass murderer and about as far away from democracy and justice as you can get.

The problem with that is then dealing with those 'allies" once the common enemy is removed. Stalin occupied several East European countries whilst Mao grabbed China and made it a communist dictatorship.

The Thai people do indeed deserve the leadership they choose, and the right to hold that leadership accountable and remove them or re-elect them. They also deserve a robust fair impartial unbiased independent justice system, one that ensures all elected and public sector officials adhere to the laws; laws which should not have loopholes, ambiguities and which must be enforced and applied to all. But so far, there hasn't been any one interested in making such reforms. And none of the old clan based parties are likely to as it's not their agenda.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Right, so let us be constructive for once, and salvage something from the situation.

As "Get Real" says, it is a worldwide phenomenon.

As " rkidlad" points out Thailand thinks it is unique.

Could this be the opportunity for Thailand to establish itself as a hub?

A real achievement, and a

Lasting legacy for the junta.

Win win all round wouldn't you say?

John, John, John. 

Come back to reality! More chance of the Pope marrying a gay Protestant bishop, Barnsley winning the FA cup; England winning the world cup, or Sturgeon telling the truth!

1 hour ago, tracker1 said:

Dictators don't like to be told of their failure but 7 in 4 years that's not to bad I can't wait for the man and his cohorts list of achievements coming soon !

7 - the same number of cabinet re-shuffles during the PTP regime. Only they achieved it in less than 3 years!

Must be a lucky number -555!

42 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The stupid thing being if a political party actually tried to reform the system the army would probably orchestrate a coup under some pretense to stop them, as any meaningful reform would drastically affect the army.

Your're right. Only there wasn't a party who wanted to reform the system other than weakening checks and balances and allowing more family members to be elected.

Hopefully, one or more of the new parties might actually be a real political reformist party and not just trough huggers.

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

shows where thailand is today; this is a thin-skinned variant of the horrid use of defamation;

irony is, this action brings further public traction to the points in their criticisms

Thin skinned is right and so are the Pollies, U never seen so much suing and threatening than when a normal parliament sits.

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yup, they have eradicated IUU fishing practices...

Oh, hang on... No they haven't have they !!! Damn, thought I was on to a winner there.... 

They never said they did that, so you're being unfair (They said the were going to...)

But in terms of a winner, I've got one: They solved the problem of overcharged lottery tickets and now all tickets are 80 Baht. :smile:

EDIT TO ADD: Just popped out to buy my lottery ticket - didn't get change for my hundred (I'm sure this was an isolated incident) :saai:

Unless the people stand up against the junta a few politicians can be easily dealt with. If the Thai people don't support their politicians for democracy then it will be a lost cause...and another excuse to delay elections.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

All they stated was the real truth. certainly this could be proven in a court, even a Thai court. Then they can file a civil case after they win, but this would be 10 years down the road after it is complete.

In Thailand, the truth is no defence.

Lies and fake image reign supreme.

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

John, John, John. 

Come back to reality! More chance of the Pope marrying a gay Protestant bishop, Barnsley winning the FA cup; England winning the world cup, or Sturgeon telling the truth!

Well, of course, Pope Francis is a Jesuit, and with the SJ you can never rule anything out, Barnsley winning the FA Cup, hmm, and the last two, well yes, I concede your point...

:smile:

Archived