just for food and transport of course I do eat farang food some times

I do not smoke but I drink a little here  I drink red wine but I do not mind

drinking some of the Thai beers so what is a reasonable amount for

one week spending money I do not go to night clubs she eats of course 

Thai food I am going at the end of June pls advise me

Please just advice no bickering

Such questions appear again and again.

And again it's so hard to answer.

It would be much easier if you give an idea about your budget and learn what you get for it.

"farang food" can cost 500 Baht a day or 5000.

A fancy dinner for two can cost 2000 or you go to Lebusa and pay 20000.

A glas of simple red wine (not everyone would call it red wine) at happy hour can cost 100 Baht.

Chateau de Cost maybe four digits a glas.

You can decently get through the day with 1000 Baht per person.

But this really excludes any sightseeing stuff like 500 Baht for a visit to the Grand Palace!

I would need more because I might nip one of those 180 Baht small bottle Thai beers with a view instead of paying 80 :biggrin:

2000 per day and person should do it.

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Such questions appear again and again.

And again it's so hard to answer.

It would be much easier if you give an idea about your budget and learn what you get for it.

"farang food" can cost 500 Baht a day or 5000.

A fancy dinner for two can cost 2000 or you go to Lebusa and pay 20000.

A glas of simple red wine (not everyone would call it red wine) at happy hour can cost 100 Baht.

Chateau de Cost maybe four digits a glas.

You can decently get through the day with 1000 Baht per person.

But this really excludes any escapes (500 Baht for a visit to the Grand Palace!).

I would need more because it might nip one of those 180 Baht Thai beers with a view instead of paying 80 :biggrin:

2000 per day and person should do it.

Thanks at least an honest answer I have about 40.000baht I can spend in one week I just wonder if that is enough

40000 Baht for 7 days, 2 persons.

About 5700 a day.

Sound like you don't have to suffer :smile:

Still possible to waste but allows for some fun.

Of course your "younger model" might be attracted by the luxury shopping in Bangkok.

It's insane and 40000 could be spent in an instant.

Declare Siam Paragon and Central Embassy as no go zones :biggrin:

(to name just the two best known to me, my pockets are stitched up when I walk there)

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

40000 Baht for 7 days, 2 persons.

About 5700 a day.

Sound like you don't have to suffer :smile:

Still possible to waste but allows for some fun.

Of course your "younger model" might be attracted by the luxury shopping in Bangkok.

It's insane and 40000 could be spent in an instant.

Declare Siam Paragon and Central Embassy as no go zones :biggrin:

she does not spend money at all yes she lives in Bangkok but we stay near Suvarnabhumi

Have you already, you know....boom boom with the superModel ?     That would give us a better scope and we could allot a fairer budget sanction !

If the answer is No on the other hand, no restaurants, only places where you must eat standing up and that's it...until, you know....:crazy:

No offence, just protecting your interests Dear Sir !!

12 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Thanks at least an honest answer I have about 40.000baht I can spend in one week I just wonder if that is enough

Not enough, for sure. A mate (on holiday, first time) recently spent 80,000 Baht in one day, and that was in Pattaya! I was with him and only spent 2,000; all the A-Go-Go girls adored him, while I got stuck with mama san. And he bar-fined 3 girls, while I went home alone. Up to you, Santa!

Two of us spent 28,000 for 10 days, but 5,000 of that was for the dentist.  We are not over-spenders though. And actually she wasn't keen on buying clothes there either, better and cheaper in Temt Australia, she said. Although she did buy 4 pairs shoes and a load of underwear. About 4,000 ($190) went on that.

I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned the house and car... or at least some gold for the "younger model" .

Car 1/2 to 1 MM, house 3-4MM (possibly more if she want's to stay in Bangkok), or 3-5Bt of Gold (which is the cheaper option).

Only joking.. have fun..!!

13 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Only food and transport? Minimum 14 000,- 

No fun no honey

So I think it depends

So if you stay in your windowless 250 Baht oven on Khao San Road all day and night

So I think a trip once an evening to 7/11 for a large Archa and two plates of khao phat a day.

So that would come to about 2500 Baht for the week.

So far so good?

Or just so-so?

14 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

what do you mean poor bait I just ask an honest question you expect me to post a picture of the girl I meet?

What he means to say is this is a really bad troll thread but many suckers will be responding.

You say the hotel is paid for. How many stars is it? Which district is it in? How much a night is the room? Have you paid extra to include breakfast? Your answers might give us a better idea of her expectations when you are out and about together.

40,000 sounds plenty though.

I was writing a detailed reply but it crashed so here is my short answer. My Thai wife and I do 10 weeks a year here. We bring 4-500000baht. We party hard both with farang and family, visit the dentist and can often leave 100000 in the bank if we don't go too often to the local karaoke bars in the far north with her brother and his friends. Those nights always cost us a fortune.

WHad read the thread all the way to the end......because I liked the “No Bickering”.

Some of the bickering gets so crazy and you read the topic and start reading on page 3 by accident. You have to check what the topic is again because it verdes off into something totally off topic. 

It’s in some peoples nature or due to medical reason to stir up controversy. Had a boss once that until you got to know him you’d

think he was a total a hole. He drank a lot off work hours and had 

diabetes so a bit of imbalance.  

Once you figured him out and ignored the flare ups he had a heart of gold. If you performed well he make sure you were paid fairly. 

I worked full time there and part time at night to make ends meet ( 2 children). One day he said I don’t like you having to work part time at

night. Corporate was in another state and his base office.  He had my salary doubled. 

See how easy to get off topic. Might be from living in a village and rarely talking to anyone in English that has a slight chance of understanding. I have one neighbor within a kilometer that speaks English. 

How much should you take really depends on your likes. Get on the web 

work out a plan check prices and off you go.  If you get tapped out there

plenty of banks. Me most the time I like the small food shops/street food gives an idea of what’s local food. 

Enjoy

Archived