"I was just helping the cops out" says motorcycle taxi guy who kicked tourist in the face

webfact

10 minutes ago, soistalker said:

I  suggest one of us hires this particular moto taxi driver to take us to some secluded place on the dark side and challenge him to a proper one on one fight using the  Marquess of Queensberry Rules.

Let's see how that works out for him.

Won't ever happen as the above rules do not allow for a back up team being provided to you if your opponent seems to be winning the contest!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Disgusting thuggish behaviour...What he didn't say that those mafia type Thai guys don't need an excuse to kick people in the head or everywhere else for that matter... 

This kind of behaviour will continue as long as it is more or less accepted by the Law - a 500thb fine and a pls dont do it again you are  free to go - says it all....  

17 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I read this story on a German website in German language; guess how good that will go down on tourism. The license checking remains the duty of the company renting out the bikes as an EU license is valid in many non-European countries. A Thai license is valid in all ASEAN countries except Vietnam (for whatever reason), so it might be really easier for the bike rental to set the record straight.

Anyhow, good news for tourism - again! 

Exactly, the company renting out motorbikes should NOT accept to rent if the foreigner does not have an international driving licence. 

20 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I read this story on a German website in German language; guess how good that will go down on tourism. The license checking remains the duty of the company renting out the bikes as an EU license is valid in many non-European countries. A Thai license is valid in all ASEAN countries except Vietnam (for whatever reason), so it might be really easier for the bike rental to set the record straight.

Anyhow, good news for tourism - again! 

The responsibility for having the correct licence should always always be the responsibility of the visitor.

In Thailand, a renter will not give a toss whether the person hiring a bike has got a licence or not.

Not saying that is how it should be - just saying that is how it is..

7 minutes ago, cedel said:

Exactly, the company renting out motorbikes should NOT accept to rent if the foreigner does not have an international driving licence. 

I would agree with that ,but anyone planning to drive in Thailand needs to know the law before they do . EU license holders need to have IDP in addition to the EU license. It  must show on the EU license a small pic of a motorcycle on it aswell.  I learnt all this from a GERMAN cop in Pattaya ( Ralph Cassau was his name) over 4 years ago.

2 minutes ago, stephen1979UK said:

Stupid German idiot should have just humbly complied, he didn't have a licence, then dragging his bike away - what utter arrogance! -Then he insulted a taxi a driver because he couldn't control his emotions even though he was absolutely in the wrong.  I would have felt like kicking him myself!

I'd ike to see you try. 

Whos at Fault?

I would say:- 1) Rental Co at fault for not asking for documents & explaining the drving requirements. 2) Taxi Driver for kicking someone in the head  3) German for not checking/carrying correct documents & getting angry. 4) The Police for .....Something/Everything else

He’s a lier, I saw it happen as I walked by. Absolutely no excuse to kick the foreigner.

3 coppers where at the scène when he was kicked and they didn’t do anythng, they just stood there amused.

Pattaya’s finest go viral again, bunch of  no goods.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Disgusting thuggish behaviour...What he didn't say that those mafia type Thai guys don't need an excuse to kick people in the head or everywhere else for that matter... 

Yes, he isn't a policeman so it is none of his business. It suggests they are looking for an opportunity to kick people in the head.... likely tourists more than others. He  should be serving the public, and in Pattaya that means mostly tourists. That opportunity should be taken from him.

24 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Splendid.

I like the cut of your jib-i can tell that you are a middle of the road,conservatish moderate and a wonderful advertisement for the effect of Thai Buddhism on meliorating overheated passions.

He's just after a bit of attention - take no notice!

if I said what I wanted to thai visa would jump all over it an ban me again! so I am going to pull an FBI and post a redacted statement! the k---t should not have been allowed to rent a bike in the first place! andthe Police were right to book the Bike!  the thai f--l just took the opportunity to cowardly kick the k---t when he was not looking, just like all th--'s do! and what kind of a--hole is st---d enough to even get on a bike driven by a maybe spaced out driver!  take a certain kind of id--t to do that!

There is no international drivers license.

There 2 types of international drivers permits.
Thailand recognises 1 type...but normally if your home country license has a photo and English language explaining license holder and vehicle categories there is no problems, of course you have to have motorcycle category entitlements to drive a motorcycle and car entitlements to drive a car etc etc.

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It suggests they are looking for an opportunity to kick people in the head.... likely tourists more than others.

You win the thread.

He couldn't get away with this type of violence in front of the police if the victim is Thai. They are targeting us because we can't fight back because it'll be a mob against us. And the foreigner will always be in the wrong.

3 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

there were three cops standing there, it happened in front of the police station and the cops didn't do squat

The motocyc driver should have "let the police" do their job and he should have stayed out if it! The cops had locked the tourists bike and were dealing with him in a nonaggressive manner. Then "butt my nose in where it doesn't belong" comes alonge and the situation escalated. 

2 minutes ago, djayz said:

The motocyc driver should have "let the police" do their job and he should have stayed out if it! The cops had locked the tourists bike and were dealing with him in a nonaggressive manner. Then "butt my nose in where it doesn't belong" comes alonge and the situation escalated. 

For sure the Thai is out of line, he pled stupid to the charge. The German was obstructing justice trying to unlock/walkoff with the bike. They were both morons and the hometown moron came out on top. No story here.

...you rent a bike...

...you leave a deposit...or passport...or both...

...you have not been informed about any necessary paperwork...how could you know...???

...they stop you....lock the bike....

...you get kicked in the head for good measure....

....are you expected to simply leave the bike in the street....be liable for its cost..and lose your deposit or passport...???

...nonsense...

...I guess he was trying to get it back to the shop....and someone should have arranged to help him do so...

...of course he did not want to simply leave it there...he had been duped this far...

9 hours ago, Thian said:

What was Herman the German doing with that scooter anyway? Why did he have to drag it while it was locked?

The funny thing is he kept saying "its my bike"    in the video . 

If he owned it , maybe he was desperate thinking it would fall into the wrong hands, but no he had just rented it , and by dragging it 100 meters actually could have caused some damage to the bike. 

Just plain stupidity. 

4 minutes ago, ChaoDangChard said:

This is a complete joke! Why is he not getting a sentence? Kicking tourists in the face is okay...?

Agree & I'm sure there all having a good laugh at the station on that clip

Archived