"I was just helping the cops out" says motorcycle taxi guy who kicked tourist in the face

webfact

6 hours ago, HLover said:

did not deserve Das Boot to the face.

First, it was not a Boat, i.e. Das Boot.  Second, did anybody see a single digit appear to point upwards or elsewhere?  All I saw was a bunch of fives and those were not from the person who was kicked.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

500, 1000, doesn't really matter as it's hardly a deterrent..

Take his taxi licence for 3 months, see if that has an effect !!

He got a bigger fine than the foreigner criminal.

Or are we supposed to feel sympathy for the criminal because he is 'one of us' and not a local?

2 hours ago, captspectre said:

if I said what I wanted to thai visa would jump all over it an ban me again! so I am going to pull an FBI and post a redacted statement! the k---t should not have been allowed to rent a bike in the first place! andthe Police were right to book the Bike!  the thai f--l just took the opportunity to cowardly kick the k---t when he was not looking, just like all th--'s do! and what kind of a--hole is st---d enough to even get on a bike driven by a maybe spaced out driver!  take a certain kind of id--t to do that!

Don't worry it's ok to say stupid and idiot. 

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

You win the thread.

He couldn't get away with this type of violence in front of the police if the victim is Thai. They are targeting us because we can't fight back because it'll be a mob against us. And the foreigner will always be in the wrong.

After 3 AM this Wednesday I was standing opposite Mandarin Go Go in the walking street, chatting with a friend. A big drunk Western guy came out of Mandarin, followed by staff members. They were having some sort of argument. The staff grabbed his shirt, trying to prevent him from leaving. Both parties got more excited, a couple of punches were exchanged, and the bigger one of the two young staff members gave the Western guy a right cross in his face. Which caused him to fall backwards and hit the back of his head so that he did not stand up any more.

A police officer from the tourist police table less that 100 meters away came quickly to the scene. The young guy left with him. I finished my soda and left after 15 minutes or so. The Western guy still lying on the ground, an ambulance was driving slowly towards the scene. The only persons at the tourist police table were this Thai police officer and the young staff member. I bought another soda from the 7/11. After a while two other Thai officers came to the table, as well as half a dozen friends or colleagues of this young man. A guy in his 40s mostly did the speaking with the police officers.

After 10 more minutes the young man left with two of the male friends/colleagues. And guess who was standing as a doorman at Mandarin Go Go last night?

10 hours ago, BEVUP said:
10 hours ago, lanista said:

That  Thai motor cycle punk is nothing.   IQ of 60 at best

& that's why they resort to violence 

The old saying " no brain all brawn " 

The old saying " no brain all brawn " ,

actually since the IQ is 60 you could use the saying "above average"

16 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Or are we supposed to feel sympathy for the criminal because he is 'one of us' and not a local?

I'm happy to go along with some of your Thai defence stuff but <deleted> are you seriously saying someone kicking a person in the head doesn't deserve a bigger punishment than someone driving without an international driving licence. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I'm happy to go along with some of your Thai defence stuff but <deleted> are you seriously saying someone kicking a person in the head doesn't deserve a bigger punishment than someone driving without an international driving licence. 

Expatthailover is the biggest Thai apologist on the forum. Or an agitprop. Or both.

17 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Driving a motorbike without a valid license is a minor offence, kicking a person in his head is not. I have no sympathy for people who can not control themselves, whatever their nationality, ethnicity, religion or shape of nose might be.

"Vigilantism" and  "Mob Law" are the rule of thumb for Thailand. Taking the law into their own hands may make a difference when an attempted murder or suicide is involved. But overall, this "Mob-law Justice" is an unacceptable part of the ugly underbelly of Thai society. This type of justice has been accepted because the perpetrators of these vigilante type actions, go virtually unpunished (eg. 500-1000 baht fines). (If a farlang were to act in the same manner by beating a Thai lawbreaker, the fines for such actions would undoubtedly be substantially greater. Most likely in the 5000-25000 baht range or maybe more and may include legal prosecution). Vigilantism is the order of the day here in Thailand ("The Land Of Smiles") no matter how wrong it is. Moreover, if the perpetrator happens to be a Farang lawbreaker then that's all the more reason for the thais to get "mobbed-up" so as to exact revenge and vent their hate and jealousy on the white scourge. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

The Thai should have received jail time (2-3 months) for Assault and Battery

So bad for tourists but we need driver license and meny tourists don't have it 

I know Thailand people drive insane but this is about tourists and we need to accept the rules as for the German man you lucky in other countries you will  have bigger problems for this 

And yes motorbike taxi is working with police but they are bad people he get a small fine nothing to learn there 

But to all tourists remember whatever it is about driving working etc we need the proper paperwork 

I think police in this case police is right to hunt tourists down 

P. S. Thai driver license is available for a small price 

Drive safely out there 

"I was just helping the police out," said a motorcycle taxi guy who kicked a tourist on his face.

yet a thai without brain, and it's starting to be a lot of them.

When such things happen, the tourists should boycott the country for a few months.

article-2170513-13F8DB14000005DC-904_470x728.jpg

14 hours ago, lanista said:

If a foreign tourist rode a bike without a  valid licence in Australia and raised a fist at the cops he would be in more trouble than this German.

If it happened in USA no doubt he'd be lying on a slab in the morgue riddled with bullet holes.

That  Thai motor cycle punk is nothing.   IQ of 60 at best.

The German was lucky there wasnt a serious Thai punk  in proximity , most of whom carry knives in their fanny pack or  shoulder bag'

The motorcycle/samlor,jet ski  guys and cops are  buddies.

Tourists dont know this.

Awards for out first deflector post  of the OP

Good work the Troll Squad salutes you!  :thumbsup:

"Thaivisa notes that the confiscation of bikes ridden by tourists without the correct paperwork was announced by police last week."

So this is telling me that if a foreigner comes to Thailand they can no longer rent a car or bike and drive for 30 days on a valid home country drivers license ????      

24 minutes ago, bruceamstutz said:

valid home country drivers license ????      

You apply for an international driving license before you leave , it's easy to obtain .

If you plan to stay long term just get a Thai license. 

9 minutes ago, balo said:

You apply for an international driving license before you leave , it's easy to obtain .

If you plan to stay long term just get a Thai license. 

Yes I know what you say, but this was when I worked and lived in Asia for 16 years and had a USA license. It's hard to get a international unless you are applying for it in your home country. Problem is solved now I'm retired and live in Thailand.......    

Okay, the Thai guy is a complete jerk but Herr Flick can quietly reflect, after the bruising's gone down and cricked neck has relocated itself, on how he openly invited trouble to his own front door.  And he continued to be confrontational.  

If this guy wants to survive in LOS then he really needs to learn to take it on the chin, pay the tea money and, as if by magic, the problem goes away.  That's the way it works, has always worked and there's no changing how it works.  

25 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Okay, the Thai guy is a complete jerk but Herr Flick can quietly reflect, after the bruising's gone down and cricked neck has relocated itself, on how he openly invited trouble to his own front door.  And he continued to be confrontational.  

If this guy wants to survive in LOS then he really needs to learn to take it on the chin, pay the tea money and, as if by magic, the problem goes away.  That's the way it works, has always worked and there's no changing how it works.  

I am very sure that the German tourist has learned a number of valuable lessons and am in no doubt that he is either communicating them now or will do so rather promptly upon his return to his homeland.

No-one but a self deluded expat (many of those) should be urging anyone to take a vicious beating "on the chin " so as not to disturb the kharmic conciousness of the Land of Smiles.

19 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

No-one but a self deluded expat (many of those) should be urging anyone to take a vicious beating "on the chin " so as not to disturb the kharmic conciousness of the Land of Smiles.

51 minutes ago, fanjita said:

That's the way it works, has always worked and there's no changing how it works.  

That's how it is.  I didn't, by the way, insinuate he should accept a vicious beating on the chin.  Though he should accept that the bike was impounded and he would have to pay some tea money 'take it on the chin' and not get irate.

He should also accept that if he wants to be aggressive and confrontational then he'll learn the alternative way but only if he's willing to learn.  

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Splendid.

Pass it on in your forthcoming tourists brochures..

"That's How It Is" is a very catchy title.

I have elaborated in my post, but, it stands.  That's how it is.  

Message to any tourist: Any confrontation whatsoever with police, taxi's, local vendors etc etc is a "no, no" here ..... fact! You are immediately in a "lose, lose" situation ............ save your breath & enjoy your time here by "taking care of number one". Being "street wise" is a must if you want a "trouble free" holiday here ................... again fact! The mindset set here unique ............ you will never fathom it out!

Advice: Many books have been written about life & culture here ....... get one from a local book store & read it!  ..... price around 290 baht & money well spent. Very funny in part, but truthful never the less. Although they are dated the information is still relevant to this day .... trust me, buy one & you won't ever regret it. Enjoy & stay calm ...... 555.

"He regrets it now but he was provoked."  Provoked in what way? Every time one or multiple motorbike taxi guys beat up foreigners they are provoked and get a hand slap by the police. How about give them some serious jail time for once, just to teach the scumbags a lesson. 

1 minute ago, bander said:

"He regrets it now but he was provoked."  Provoked in what way? Every time one or multiple motorbike taxi guys beat up foreigners they are provoked and get a hand slap by the police. How about give them some serious jail time for once, just to teach the scumbags a lesson. 

How long have you been here? ......................... dream on! 555

12 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

No sympathy was expressed for the foreigner by me !!

This is a story about a taxi guy, kicking someone in the head.. 

You are just trying to get a rise whilst being a Thai apologist, keep trying...

Archived