Busy day for Big Joke as he says 300 Indians face trouble for marrying Thais to stay in Thailand

webfact

Busy day for Big Joke as he says 300 Indians face trouble for marrying Thais to stay in Thailand

17_180517_0032-1-1024x684.jpg

Picture: Thai Tourist Police

Deputy commissioner of the Tourist Police Bureau Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal has said that 300 Indians have illegally married Thai women in order to stay in Thailand.

Surachet was speaking to reporters during a bust involving the trafficking of Rohingya refugees in Bangkok and was quoted by his own TPB website.

The Indians had "married" the Thai women without their knowledge using civil service documents, he said.

He said that some arrests have been made while other Indians have fled abroad.

Some are hiding in Saraburi, he said, though no further details were given.

Meanwhile, in what was a busy day for the crime buster it was also announced that 29 Uzbekistan prostitutes who were conned into working in Thailand had been arrested and would face deportation.

Source: Thai Tourist Police

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-18

probably using some dodgy visa agency to sort the marriages. once they hit the agency then all the records are there and they can bust everyone who used it. maybe something worth thinking about before using these dodgy services 

only 300, the reality is there must be thousands

How are they getting around the immigration checks were they demand photos at their dwelling etc etc, according to some Married farangs they need to jump through hoops to get their yearly extension, perhaps once they have tracked them down a little more digging required because they are obviously bypassing the rules somewhere, I know farangs who can show 800k in a bank account when it isn't there

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Indians had "married" the Thai women without their knowledge using civil service documents, he said.

He said that some arrests have been made while other Indians have fled abroad.

And the Thai government employees that married them and gave them marriage certificates?

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

only 300, the reality is there must be thousands

How are they getting around the immigration checks were they demand photos at their dwelling etc etc, according to some Married farangs they need to jump through hoops to get their yearly extension, perhaps once they have tracked them down a little more digging required because they are obviously bypassing the rules somewhere, I know farangs who can show 800k in a bank account when it isn't there

multi entry non O's maybe. don't require all the stuff for an extension. and reports like this are what is convincing me to go back onto extension in a few months when my Non O multi is used up

** but then not really as they are specifically targeting fake marriages i just hope that these things don't make things more of a pain in the ass and they tighten rules across the board. some of the changes in the past have aimed to target the criminal element but i think many innocent people got caught up in it. those who were very frequent tourists with money to spend getting stopped at the airport for example

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy commissioner of the Tourist Police Bureau Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal has said that 300 Indians have illegally married Thai women in order to stay in Thailand.

Thai-ism in full effect  ! Absolutely ZERO mention of prosecuting or hunting down the Thai women who agreed to these marriages - for money I guess.

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Thai-ism in full effect  ! Absolutely ZERO mention of prosecuting or hunting down the Thai women who agreed to these marriages - for money I guess.

"The Indians had "married" the Thai women without their knowledge using civil service documents"

whether that's true or not is another thing altogether

A scam on such a level had to be facilitated if not completely organised by civil servants. The documentation, the issuance of the visas and the issuance of extensions of stay (not clear if extensions were issued - doesn't say in the article) could not have occurred without the full collusion of officials.

Needless to say Big Joke skirts around this by simply not mentioning it. Thai style policing. Sweep up (or just say you are going to!!) some little fish and hold a press conference to claim how magnificent you are. What a crock!

A woman working at the amphur in Khon Kaen was busted last year for providing phony marriage documents. When a single Thai woman went to get married, she was told that she was married to a foreigner, this started an investigation.

38 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Here we go lets turn it round si its Thailand's fault. 

You should read post 16, what the poster quoted actually happened 170 or so farangs got married to Thai ladies without the Thai ladies knowledge, as stated only found out when a Thai lady was not allowed to marry because she was supposedly already married.

The only mistake in post 16 was it was 2 Amphur officials not 1.

Big Joke is straying away from the problem. Once again the foreigner is the perfect culprit for all the woes of Thailand !

He should rather look into the corrupt Thai government officials who will issue almost any document for extra money - and at the same time, the same corrupt officials who harass the decent people with made up rules and extra red tape, with hopes to get a bribe a symbolic financial contribution for the helping.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Read the article again. Quote: The Indians had "married" the Thai women without their knowledge using civil service documents, he said.

29 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Big Joke is straying away from the problem. Once again the foreigner is the perfect culprit for all the woes of Thailand !

He should rather look into the corrupt Thai government officials who will issue almost any document for extra money - and at the same time, the same corrupt officials who harass the decent people with made up rules and extra red tape, with hopes to get a bribe a symbolic financial contribution for the helping.

I tried to get a local official to sign a form saying the person in the photo I provided was me, but she spent 15 minutes making excuses why she couldn't do it. I just got up and walked out, making my wife angry that I showed disrespect to an official in uniform who was taking the piss and angling for a bribe.

I am tired of all the Indian sellers trying to stop me when I visit Bangkok. Many of them are probably married this way to "start a business". 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, in what was a busy day for the crime buster it was also announced that 29 Uzbekistan prostitutes who were conned into working in Thailand had been arrested and would face deportation.

So that's why there were all the various female blondes in the photo the other day of Joke's latest foreigners roundup.

It was a curious change of pace for the Big Joker, since most of his past roundups had involved those of the dark or darker skinned varieties.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Yes, and all of us might well wonder just where those "civil service documents" came from or by whom they were stamped/signed off on?

10 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

And the Thai government employees that married them and gave them marriage certificates?

not their fault if the indians hadnt come here it would never have happened

ps how can you get married with no woman being there

14 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

not their fault if the indians hadnt come here it would never have happened

ps how can you get married with no woman being there

since the women apparently didn't even know they were getting married i would assume there were no physical marriages just purely falsified documents in which case i would have thought those using that method and getting caught will be in some serious shit

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

since the women apparently didn't even know they were getting married i would assume there were no physical marriages just purely falsified documents in which case i would have thought those using that method and getting caught will be in some serious shit

But they should receive ten million baht Sinsot each.

Archived