BANGKOK 23 May 2019 09:41

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Busy day for Big Joke as he says 300 Indians face trouble for marrying Thais to stay in Thailand

Busy day for Big Joke as he says 300 Indians face trouble for marrying Thais to stay in Thailand

17_180517_0032-1-1024x684.jpg

Picture: Thai Tourist Police

Deputy commissioner of the Tourist Police Bureau Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal has said that 300 Indians have illegally married Thai women in order to stay in Thailand.

Surachet was speaking to reporters during a bust involving the trafficking of Rohingya refugees in Bangkok and was quoted by his own TPB website.

The Indians had "married" the Thai women without their knowledge using civil service documents, he said.

He said that some arrests have been made while other Indians have fled abroad.

Some are hiding in Saraburi, he said, though no further details were given.

Meanwhile, in what was a busy day for the crime buster it was also announced that 29 Uzbekistan prostitutes who were conned into working in Thailand had been arrested and would face deportation.

Source: Thai Tourist Police

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-18

More shitty people out of Thailand! Great job, B-J. Ain´t it nice to know that you have a good B-J coming regulary to take care of the tensions? :cheesy:

probably using some dodgy visa agency to sort the marriages. once they hit the agency then all the records are there and they can bust everyone who used it. maybe something worth thinking about before using these dodgy services 

only 300, the reality is there must be thousands

How are they getting around the immigration checks were they demand photos at their dwelling etc etc, according to some Married farangs they need to jump through hoops to get their yearly extension, perhaps once they have tracked them down a little more digging required because they are obviously bypassing the rules somewhere, I know farangs who can show 800k in a bank account when it isn't there

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Indians had "married" the Thai women without their knowledge using civil service documents, he said.

He said that some arrests have been made while other Indians have fled abroad.

And the Thai government employees that married them and gave them marriage certificates?

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

only 300, the reality is there must be thousands

How are they getting around the immigration checks were they demand photos at their dwelling etc etc, according to some Married farangs they need to jump through hoops to get their yearly extension, perhaps once they have tracked them down a little more digging required because they are obviously bypassing the rules somewhere, I know farangs who can show 800k in a bank account when it isn't there

multi entry non O's maybe. don't require all the stuff for an extension. and reports like this are what is convincing me to go back onto extension in a few months when my Non O multi is used up

** but then not really as they are specifically targeting fake marriages i just hope that these things don't make things more of a pain in the ass and they tighten rules across the board. some of the changes in the past have aimed to target the criminal element but i think many innocent people got caught up in it. those who were very frequent tourists with money to spend getting stopped at the airport for example

11 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

So what visa is available when you marry a Thai ? 

non immigrant o based on marriage

14 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

non immigrant o based on marriage

Thanks . Just checked it out , you have to be over 50!! What’s the odds these Indians are over 50 ? 

Just now, chrisandsu said:

Thanks . Just checked it out , you have to be over 50!! What’s the odds these Indians are over 50 ? 

no, that a non OA based on retirement. Non O based on marriage can be any age

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy commissioner of the Tourist Police Bureau Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal has said that 300 Indians have illegally married Thai women in order to stay in Thailand.

Thai-ism in full effect  ! Absolutely ZERO mention of prosecuting or hunting down the Thai women who agreed to these marriages - for money I guess.

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Thai-ism in full effect  ! Absolutely ZERO mention of prosecuting or hunting down the Thai women who agreed to these marriages - for money I guess.

"The Indians had "married" the Thai women without their knowledge using civil service documents"

whether that's true or not is another thing altogether

A scam on such a level had to be facilitated if not completely organised by civil servants. The documentation, the issuance of the visas and the issuance of extensions of stay (not clear if extensions were issued - doesn't say in the article) could not have occurred without the full collusion of officials.

Needless to say Big Joke skirts around this by simply not mentioning it. Thai style policing. Sweep up (or just say you are going to!!) some little fish and hold a press conference to claim how magnificent you are. What a crock!