Busy day for Big Joke as he says 300 Indians face trouble for marrying Thais to stay in Thailand

webfact

6 minutes ago, atyclb said:

why dont they at least open some affordable indian restaurants?

where my condo is in central bkk i used to love an indian (food that is) 500/600 baht a go (for one) and that's in a standard place but great food. had to be done once a week but yeah, rip off compared to the other shop house style restaurants around my block there. my mate lives in there now and whenever i'm there on a night out i'll still crash and we'll still pay for that indian. how much more can the ingredients cost than the thai places down the same stretch

18 minutes ago, atyclb said:

why dont they at least open some affordable indian restaurants?

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

where my condo is in central bkk i used to love an indian (food that is) 500/600 baht a go (for one) and that's in a standard place but great food. had to be done once a week but yeah, rip off compared to the other shop house style restaurants around my block there. my mate lives in there now and whenever i'm there on a night out i'll still crash and we'll still pay for that indian. how much more can the ingredients cost than the thai places down the same stretch

Guess those restaurants serving delicious Indian food in Sukhumvit area, have to honor extra side costs and "special neighborhood taxes",  for the boys in brown :wink:. This can increase the price tag a bit !!!

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Guess those restaurants serving delicious Indian food in Sukhumvit area, have to honor extra side costs and "special neighborhood taxes",  for the boys in brown :wink:. This can increase the price tag a bit !!!

yeah, maybe. guess so. shame because i would have eaten every other day if it was more in line with the locals prices. not suckumvit by the way. sathorn but same thing i guess

13 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

yeah, maybe. guess so. shame because i would have eaten every other day if it was more in line with the locals prices. not suckumvit by the way. sathorn but same thing i guess

In sathorn area ? Ok thanks for the tip. Agree with you, people would go much more often if the prices were lower.

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

have discussed this with indian-thais and they too agree most indian food in thailand is overpriced. the only places i know of with reasonable pricing are in payurat bangkok near yaowarat.

the indian emporium fabric building has a nice indian food court with normal pricing as do some side streets nearby. a pain to get to though.  indian ingredients are not pricy for the most part.

mumbai great punjab in bkk has a great 250 baht buffet that includes basmati rice and a chicken dishes and multiple veg dishes.

most bkk indian restaurants are at least 2x the price of the internal delhi airport food court.

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

have discussed this with indian-thais and they too agree most indian food in thailand is overpriced. the only places i know of with reasonable pricing are in payurat bangkok near yaowarat.

the indian emporium fabric building has a nice indian food court with normal pricing as do some side streets nearby. a pain to get to though.  indian ingredients are not pricy for the most part.

mumbai great punjab in bkk has a great 250 baht buffet that includes basmati rice and a chicken dishes and multiple veg dishes.

most bkk indian restaurants are at least 2x the price of the internal delhi airport food court.

Where is the indian emporium fabric building  ?

And where in the Mumbai restaurant ?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Thanks

try mrs balbirs. it's a chain but always decent enough IMO. if you're in bangkok there's probably one near you

13 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

try mrs balbirs. it's a chain but always decent enough IMO. if you're in bangkok there's probably one near you

Yes tried to eat at Mrs Balbirs Sukhumvit. Once it was closed as it was either sunday or monday. and another time it was closed at noon. Also they close far early in the evening and they are overpriced.

In Thailand one is used to eat when you are hungry and not only to go by the opening hours of the joint. Dosa King is a great alternative, reasonable, clean and very good service.

I'd rather go to Rang Mahal Restaurant (hotel Rembrandt) pay similar and enjoy the view with some really exceptionnal indian cuisine.

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Yes tried to eat at Mrs Balbirs Sukhumvit. Once it was closed as it was either sunday or monday. and another time it was closed at noon. Also they close far early in the evening and they are overpriced.

I'd rather go to Mehfil (hotel Rembrandt) pay similar and enjoy the view with some really exceptionnal indian cuisine.

In Thailand one is used to eat when you are hungry and not only to go by the opening hours of the joint. Dosa King is a great alternative, reasonable, clean and very good service.

wouldn't know. only ever ate at the branch in silom complex and was always decent enough. not over priced. they had 600 deals including poppadoms and naan. been a while could well be different. closest you'll get to an indian round here is my mother in laws massaman which to be fair, is pretty <deleted> amazing ;  )

21 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Thanks . Just checked it out , you have to be over 50!! What’s the odds these Indians are over 50 ? 

If you are Farang woman marries a Thai man, you not need anything.

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Thanks

great punjab used to be at trendy building but moved to sukumwit 22

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 10.08.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 10.01.24 AM.png

I used to go to Balbir's beneath Robinsons for lunch specials,  but got tired of the surly  Burmese guys  whom dish out the  grub  there, and watching how they handled the chicken tandoori was final straw .....

Why cant some of the leftist loonies from the UK jump on this, they scream the human rights of mass murders, terrorists and the like against deportation, yet here are just a few people actually trying for a better life, big difference.

Archived