Commandos raid home of French hacker and extortionist on Koh Samui

webfact

Commandos raid home of French hacker and extortionist on Koh Samui

92.jpg

Pictures (2): TNA

Heavily armed Thai commandos aided by French police raided the home of a French national in Mae Nam, Koh Samui earlier today.

A video showed a stunned and bespectacled Jonathan Verron being led for questioning by officers of the Crime Suppression Division.

He has been described as a dangerous foreign criminal who was a ringleader of a three person gang involved in hacking and extortion.

He had been hiding out in Thailand when the officers arrived with a search warrant from the Surat Thani court following representations made by the French police.

91.jpg

Two other suspects were previously arrested by the French authorities.

Seized along with the suspect were twenty items of electronic equipment believed to have been used in the commission of cyber crime and bank books.

There was also a quantity of compressed ganja found on the premises.

It is claimed that Mr Verron is the ringleader of a gang that hacked into a British financial institution then attempted to extort money by threatening to reveal the details of customers of that institution.

TNA said that Verron has connections with the "Dark Web" in matters such as drugs and war weapons.

Source: TNA

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-18
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

When you got armed police in your house you know your gonna be seeing Samui from a small cell window!

Words of wisdom?

TNA said that Verron has connections with the "Dark Web" in matters such as drugs and war weapons.

These are buzz words that are popular with the media these days.

Be careful of trial by media.

There is more to  this story than meets the eye.

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Imagine the embarrassment of being taken down by a bunch of guys with no underwear on !!

:tongue: 

Bit of a difference between going commando and doing commando I think........................:thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Most in LOS R of a savory background /past.

This morning a Belg, this lunch time a Froggy I wonder what this evening will reveal?

I think that is rather a sweeping statement - I know at least two hundred people - don’t quite think any of them are gangsters.

By savory- does that mean they are quite tasty ? 

Good job done . 

Archived