Commandos raid home of French hacker and extortionist on Koh Samui

webfact

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Plenty of criminals living in uk and usa.

They are known as russian oligarchs.

Because they have money their activities are ignored 

not ignored but crimes have to be proven, not so easy to do with those ruskies for example. they are serious professionals

but sorry, i know you were doing one of your protection posts, sorry mate.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't see why they could just not have nabbed him when he went for his 90 day report. I mean ALL criminals report !

Maybe he does the 90 days report online or maybe he doesn't do it at all, who knows.

12 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Commandos raid cheap living quarters of what looks like to be a less than successful French hacker and extortionist.

He was trying to keep a low profile but failed.

On 18/05/2018 at 4:34 PM, Jimbo in Thailand said:

I'm guessing the French guy inconveniently forgot to hand out the weekly bribes ...OOPS...  I mean brown envelopes ... OOPS again...  I meant to say gifts to the local BiB before time ran out. 

Hmmm... time ran out?  Maybe he should have borrowed one of Mr. Piggy's beloved expensive timepieces to make sure he wasn't going to be late.  Oh well,  Frenchy will have plenty of 'time' to think about it now. SACREBLEU! :shock1::shock1::shock1:

I think you may be right Jimbo, the smell of money and none coming your way would get the RTP motivated in an instant.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:29 AM, Oziex1 said:

I'm guessing the French guy inconveniently forgot to hand out the weekly bribes ...OOPS...  I mean brown envelopes ... OOPS again...  I meant to say gifts to the local BiB before time ran out. 

He wasn't operating a bar or any kind of local operation. In those types of cases the bulk of the investigation is done overseas (FBI / GCHQ etc), then I guess Thai authorities receive a request from USA / UK / French Embassy or some liaison to complete the last link, if necessary, and perform the arrest (which is more or less the only thing foreign authorities can't do) and extradition. Local cops don't have any judgement nor can they provide protection in such cases.

45 minutes ago, XGM said:

He wasn't operating a bar or any kind of local operation. In those types of cases the bulk of the investigation is done overseas (FBI / GCHQ etc), then I guess Thai authorities receive a request from USA / UK / French Embassy or some liaison to complete the last link, if necessary, and perform the arrest (which is more or less the only thing foreign authorities can't do) and extradition. Local cops don't have any judgement nor can they provide protection in such cases.

XGM how did my name get on a post that is not mine? The post you quoted belongs to Jimbo in Thailand.

I commented on that post however it is not mine.

2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

XGM how did my name get on a post that is not mine? The post you quoted belongs to Jimbo in Thailand.

I commented on that post however it is not mine.

Oops sorry you're right, I quoted the whole thing then left only the relevant part I wanted to comment on. It doesn't let me edit it now. Maybe mods can do it.

11 hours ago, XGM said:

how do you think they could find him?

He is just a computer nerd, married and a kid, no need for the police to arrest him commando style.   They could have knocked on the door instead. 

But he is a hacker , that's a fact . 

7 hours ago, balo said:

He is just a computer nerd, married and a kid, no need for the police to arrest him commando style.   They could have knocked on the door instead. 

But he is a hacker , that's a fact . 

a computer nerd that may have been running guns. the thais would have taken advice on how to arrest him and that's exactly how he would have been arrested in the west. why take chances. oh dark web fella the last time had to be taken out similarly so they could access his computers but that's another story about another computer nerd

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 1:58 PM, XGM said:

If you like acronyms you've missed out INTERPOL, which I reckon is the pertinent one, "the last link" I guess,,

Archived