Governor gets tough: Orders immediate closure of ten Hua Hin hotels

webfact

Governor gets tough: Orders immediate closure of ten Hua Hin hotels

S__120201272-768x432.jpg

The governor of Prajuab Khirikhan province has ordered the immediate closure of ten Hua Hin resorts that are flagrantly remaining open despite not having licences or correct documentation.

The police have contacted the local administration and restraining orders are set to be made with arrests likely should all those concerned fail to follow the governor's demands, reported Spring News.

11-67.jpg

The hotels have now all been named. They have no licences and have been using fabricated documents.

They are: The Secret Garden, Kitinantakorn, Citin Loft, Royal Express, Weerawila @ Hua Hin, V Living, Hua Hin Hillside Resort and Apartments, Pearl @ Hua Hin, Cheewasai and Cheewasai Resort.

They have all been found to be in contravention of ordinances promulgated in 2004.

Hua Hin station chief Pol Col Thanakorn Wongsirilak has prepared documentation for the Hua Hin authority to act immediately in ensuring the properties comply with the order.

Source: Spring News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-18

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Who cares.

Let the buyer beware.

If you bpught a stolen car would you expect you had a right to keep it. 

Well done rtp

What an Utterly inane comment ...How would the client know if hotel was built or operating legally... some people are beyond belief

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Damm!...just reserved a table at the resort for the overpriced beach party dinner...is it on the next hit list !!??  :wink:....or if the beach dinner suddenly gets raided by Big Joke, will I get a refund ?!!  :whistling:

Yep, a refund of one week free Somtham Lao style with extra long fermented fish. 

4 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Who cares.

Let the buyer beware.

If you bpught a stolen car would you expect you had a right to keep it. 

Well done rtp

I suppose you always ask for the full legal documents (in Thai of course) before booking a hotel. Can you show us where to click to obtain them on booking.com ?

Darn, the guest house I stay at is on the list. I hope the problem has sorted its self out

by this Winter.  I may have to stay somewhere else near by, but hope not as the rooms

have good beds, are clean, and the service including laundrey is great.

Geezer

I don't know but in theory these rooms/apartments could still be rented out long term over 30 days or more.just pull all the hotel signage off,rename the place and call it something like sunshine residence and off they go again.the only problem I can see is they won't be pulling in big holiday rent.as these places seem to be up and running for some time now they have probably paid for themselves by now so I can't see the owners losing out.ive come to this conclusion because as in air bnb case if you rent for less than 30 days your classed as a guest house/hotel.oh and before my theory gets shot down in flames by other members,I'm not a Thai property lawyer and could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived