Best option for flying to Phnom Penh or Siem Reap

People always complain about AirAsia, but I've never had problems. Tickets are in the low 1000's one way. It's a short flight, so it's really not too bad. Of course, you deal with no entertainment and no refreshments on the flight with AirAsia, and slightly cramped seats, but bring a book. and snuggle in for an hour and you're there. Easy peasy.

Bangkok Air. It's a bit more than Air Asia, but when you factor in all the "extras" AA charges it's not too far off. Also they fly from BKK and not DMK, which has become hell on earth at times. 

Bangkok Air also has very nice lounges at both BKK and PP (free beer at PP). Bangkok Air treats you like a human being.

siem reap by land is not that bad after you factor in time to airport, security, immigration waiting, delays.

theres a big bus that departs from mauchit station (can buy tickets at ekamai station) trip to cambo is painless. they give baggage receipt. can leave luggage on bus and just do thai exit and cambo entry and board same bus to siem reap. bus company provides free tuk tuk to your siem reap hotel.  also give lunch included and water.  about 700 baht

8 hours ago, atyclb said:

siem reap by land is not that bad after you factor in time to airport, security, immigration waiting, delays.

theres a big bus that departs from mauchit station (can buy tickets at ekamai station) trip to cambo is painless. they give baggage receipt. can leave luggage on bus and just do thai exit and cambo entry and board same bus to siem reap. bus company provides free tuk tuk to your siem reap hotel.  also give lunch included and water.  about 700 baht

How many hours?

6 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

How many hours?

about 3.5 from bkk to border at poipet. 30 -60 minutes to do imigration stuff (exit entry) then about 2 hours to siem reap. new road to siem reap and smooth.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, phkauf said:

Bangkok Air. It's a bit more than Air Asia, but when you factor in all the "extras" AA charges it's not too far off. Also they fly from BKK and not DMK, which has become hell on earth at times. 

Bangkok Air also has very nice lounges at both BKK and PP (free beer at PP). Bangkok Air treats you like a human being.

Agree.  We've used Bangkok Air to fly directly to Siem Reap from BKK. 

On 5/23/2018 at 3:56 AM, Argus Tuft said:

Can you add more to the discussion?  Why do you think it doesn't matter?

For a flight that short, I don't care if I don't choose my seat.  I don't care if I don't get a meal.  I don't care if I don't get "extended" economy with extra leg room.  IOW... I wouldn't be buying the "extras" from Air Asia, so it would still be cheaper than Bangkok Air...

I have no trouble getting to DMK, but man, that international terminal  was an absolute Chinese mob scene..On a Tuesday afternoon.  It would be a last resort.  BTW, Thai Vietjet is a step or three above AA.....And uses The Swamp.

Depending on where in Bangkok you start from Bangkok Air can be nearly the same overall cost due to taxi fares. I use Bangkok Air because the taxi ride is short (80 baht) and BA treats me me like a customer rather than a animal. They also tend to be on time whereas AA is rarely on schedule. 

I always choose Air Asia to PP. And I travel light so I don't pay for extra luggage, 

It's only 1 hour , no need for luxury, food or anything else. 

Btw Air Asia has a sale now so you can get tickets for almost nothing, 

Moved to the Cambodia travel sub-forum.

The lower AA price is only if you book well i nadvance. On short notice it can often cost more than Bkk Air and at times I have actually found thai Airways to be the cheapest (as Bkk Air  lower fares are limited in number and tend to sell out early).

But if able to book well in advance, and not needing to check in luggage, AA will certainly be the least costly

5 hours ago, balo said:

I always choose Air Asia to PP. And I travel light so I don't pay for extra luggage, 

It's only 1 hour , no need for luxury, food or anything else. 

Btw Air Asia has a sale now so you can get tickets for almost nothing, 

just paid Phuket- ( transit Bangkok) PP one way  2,200 baht on air asia for end of june

Archived