After police slap on the wrist DLT comes down harder on motorcycle taxi guy who kicked tourist

rooster59

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Oh Dearie me. I bet he wishes now that he hadn't decided to "help" the police.

At the same time it makes you wonder, how as an unlicensed and unregistered taxi, he was able to operate right outside Soi9?

just goes to show the Thais have no regard for the law with the above post PLUS kicking the guy in the head outside the POLICE station.:post-4641-1156693976:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was one viscious kick on the head - totally uncalled for and warranted. that b... had no right to take any matter into his hands. the tourist was not aggressive nor violent and neither did he resist in any way. such acts should carry mandatory prison sentences.

500 baht fine for a crime that was unprovoked causing "actual bodily harm" is nothing short of a joke by the police!

Police were in attendance, he should have stayed well out of the way, instead he chose to "help" the police by kicking the guy in the face while he wasn't looking.... a typical Thai move!

Hope the DLT come down on him & the courts follow through to the fullest extent...

Should have had is motorcycle confiscated as well !

The police should have checked this taxi guy out from the start, perhaps the transport dept. should be overseeing the police to make sure they are doing their job. 500 baht fine Hahahaha BIG JOKE, thats an assault to injure, 3 years prison, 10,000 fine, I know taxi men and police, nod nod wink wink ok

21 hours ago, mercman24 said:

nice work DLT at least someone has the balls to mete out some justice,wonder how they can go through with this, the guy should have not been a moto taxi driver in the first place,?

they have NOT done anything YET will we see proof of what ever they do to this guy....answer probably a BIG NO

Epitomizes Thailand. It's almost OK to kick someone in the face, attack them with a snooker cue, gang up and cripple someone, teachers to hit and beat kids or schools to take no care in their transportation whether children might die or not or rape a girl if she's on the beach in a bikini or happens to sit at the same table as you. In their tiny minds these acts are so minor that a 500 baht fine is punishment enough. But don't have a licence or wearing inappropriate clothing is 8 times the fine at least and a potential spot in jail.

The criticism is not against the latter and the DLT who take the latter in hand with due seriousness but rather the disgrace of the ROYAL THAI POLICE and the not fit for purpose system of crime and punishment, itself a failure with laws to protect certain elements from criticism. How convenient!

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

good response from the DLT... I hope they follow through, that news of this is circulated and acts as a preventative measure... 

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

good response from the DLT... I hope they follow through, that news of this is circulated and acts as a preventative measure... 

BUT will Thai Visa/The Nation follow through on this and let us know what the outcome is? :whistling:

So a fake and illegal motorbike taxi pretending also to be a fake cop kicks a tourist in his face gets only a 500 bht fine?.

seems he needs go jail for assault and for being a fake taxi then impound his motorbike  and demolish it.

23 hours ago, darksidedog said:

At the same time it makes you wonder, how as an unlicensed and unregistered taxi, he was able to operate right outside Soi9?

The question is rhetorical, right?

First what the hell was the German guy doing lifting his motor bike that !!!??

Second of all I too would kick his ass if his motor bike scratch or hit mine.

Stupid expat/tourist behaving like idiot so I'm not sure the Thai was necessarily at fault ...maybe overreacting yes.

On 19/5/2561 at 10:59 AM, mercman24 said:

nice work DLT at least someone has the balls to mete out some justice,wonder how they can go through with this, the guy should have not been a moto taxi driver in the first place,?

So DLT has a bigger set of ba**s than the police?

And can dish out larger fines too.

Maybe the BIB haven't educated the DLT bods yet?

I thought it went like this,,,,

Bike taxi operator goes on the BIB tea money book, and gains immunity from red light, helmet, riding wrong way, on pavements, carrying three plus luggage, driving in any direction on the roads, (or pavements).

Not having license or insurance.

Impersonating a police officer and jumping in to kick a farang. 

They pay the 500 and say a few wai. 

All cash. No receipt. And possibly given back later.

The DLT are going to ruin the party carrying on like this..

Good on them...?

1 hour ago, bkk75 said:

First what the hell was the German guy doing lifting his motor bike that !!!??

Second of all I too would kick his ass if his motor bike scratch or hit mine.

Stupid expat/tourist behaving like idiot so I'm not sure the Thai was necessarily at fault ...maybe overreacting yes.

So would it be ok for me to kick you in the head because I consider that you have made a completely ridiculous comment?

After all, it wouldn't be my fault, as your comment, even though not directed towards me personally, offended me.

You really need to think more before pressing the Submit button.....or at least peruse the original article; 

10 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

So would it be ok for me to kick you in the head because I consider that you have made a completely ridiculous comment?

After all, it wouldn't be my fault, as your comment, even though not directed towards me personally, offended me.

You really need to think more before pressing the Submit button.....or at least peruse the original article; 

Just helping the cops out..

By kicking a tourist in the head.. err right.

I'm sure the cops can do this themselves if needed.

But not during daylight on beach road, outside the central reserve bank... oops, Police station..

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, darksidedog said:

Yeah right next to and in view of the police station........LOL

On 5/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, darksidedog said:

Paper bags are always changing hands in broad day light 

On 5/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

"Most"? .. Nah..you are way out of line there fella. "A few" or, "some" would fit the description you give.... but definitely not "most"

Most taxi drivers are filthy dishonest scammers

Uber was a godsend while it lasted

15 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Most taxi drivers are filthy dishonest scammers

Uber was a godsend while it lasted

OK. The original comment was about motorcy taxis but you are now bringing in "most" Taxis in to the discussion..but that is OK.

You may or may not be aware of the "levy" that motorcy and airport taxis have to pay ...And indeed as a paying customer why should you? 

So long live free trade..!!!......Except that nothing is free is it????

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2018 at 10:22 AM, darksidedog said:

Mabe a friend or a relitive of one of the cops inside the station.?

On 5/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

OK. The original comment was about motorcy taxis but you are now bringing in "most" Taxis in to the discussion..but that is OK.

You may or may not be aware of the "levy" that motorcy and airport taxis have to pay ...And indeed as a paying customer why should you? 

So long live free trade..!!!......Except that nothing is free is it????

OK I'll bring in "just about ALL" taxi drivers in Pattaya are lowlife / untouchables. 

Archived