Foreign motorcyclist killed in late light Pattaya accident

rooster59

Foreign motorcyclist killed in late light Pattaya accident

387621-1021x580.jpg

Image: Pattaya News

Police were called to the scene of a motorcycle accident at 4am on the Pattanakarn Road near the temple of Wat Khao Sao Thong Thong.

Dead by a bend in the road was 47 year old David Daryl Orr who had a Thai driving licence.

Witnesses said he failed to negotiate the bend and hit a pile of rocks after colliding with a trash can. 

He apparently died from head trauma with the body coming to rest by a concrete water silo.

His nationality was not known.

He was riding a Yamaha Aerox with Chonburi plates. 

The body was sent for autopsy. 

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-19

387612-300x169.jpg

387613-300x169.jpg

387608-300x150.jpg

3 hours ago, sisaketsam said:

the "late light" is the worst light t drive in, I much prefer "early light" driving simply because it is safer.  Does anyone proof read before they post or simply spell check?

Yh real shame that in the haste of reporting news an error was made by a human. I see mispelled content on the bbc website too. Let's overlook the tragic stories and spend our weekend moaning because we see an error. Great idea, very thoughtful.

Sad to end like this.

Hope his next of kind don't see this before informed.

It shouldn't be rocket science to find his details from the Thai driving license.

(a temporary car driving license)

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh real shame that in the haste of reporting news an error was made by a human. I see mispelled content on the bbc website too. Let's overlook the tragic stories and spend our weekend moaning because we see an error. Great idea, very thoughtful.

I can t tell you how much your vote of confidence means to me

13 minutes ago, balo said:

Riding his bike like a Thai , no helmet and die like a Thai. Did not learn his lesson. RiP.

He made it through 47 years and probably at least a few in Pattaya. You never know when your day will come.

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

He made it through 47 years and probably at least a few in Pattaya. You never know when your day will come.

Unfortunately some poster's day won t come soon enough for my liking. Read into that what you may

Helmet or not, why drive when you know you are going for a night out and will not be drinking chilled tap water ?!...And even if one does not drink, fatigue nimbs driving reflexes, late at night.

One can understand that people do not want to get ripped off or have to argue with the taxi cheats for the drive back home.... but there is always Grab/Uber ...

RIP

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Helmet or not, why drive when you know you are going for a night out and will not be drinking chilled tap water ?!...And even if one does not drink, fatigue nimbs driving reflexes, late at night.

One can understand that people do not want to get ripped off or have to argue with the taxi cheats for the drive back home.... but there is always Grab/Uber ...

RIP

You cannot automatically make the assumption that people riding late at night are drunk. I often leave the house to visit the local 7Eleven at that hour of the morning. I'm sure I'm not the only night owl in town.

Just now, tropo said:

You cannot automatically make the assumption that people riding late at night are drunk. I often leave the house to visit the local 7Eleven at that hour of the morning. I'm sure I'm not the only night owl in town.

if you care to fully read  my post, it is also mentioned even if one does not drink. .. have a nice evening

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

if you care to fully read  my post, it is also mentioned even if one does not drink. .. have a nice evening

Night owls tend to be very alert at night, not fatigued, so I considered fatigue in late night non-drinkers irrelevant in the context of my reply. If you're not a night owl you may not be aware of that... have a nice evening yourself.

6 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Sounds as he had no helmet and meaby was drunk but it is only my opinion 

But RIP 

Yes.It is only your opinion.

Please sit down and repeat after me "Without any facts my opinion is worthless.It was (without any facts) worthless in Europe and now (without any facts) it is worthless in Thailand.

500 times for starters and then we will commence with the basics..

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Guess you need a bottle of Gaviscon at 4am sometimes too...

8 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Or a pack of smokes..or milk..or one of those splendiferous "chicken" burgers-my local Seven didn't sell alcohol..and I rather enjoyed putt-putting thru' the night...

One should never condemn folks without facts (or even imply it)-especially the dead-it is bad form and not on.

29 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:
35 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Or a pack of smokes..or milk..or one of those splendiferous "chicken" burgers-my local Seven didn't sell alcohol..and I rather enjoyed putt-putting thru' the night...

One should never condemn folks without facts (or even imply it)-especially the dead-it is bad form and not on.

For me, my early morning runs to 7Eleven are for Meiji protein, straight up milk, sushi, bottled water, bread, bananas etc.

I enjoy early morning trips around town. No traffic or hot sun, with the cool night air.

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

For me, my early morning runs to 7Eleven are for Meiji protein, straight up milk, sushi, bottled water, bread, bananas etc.

I enjoy early morning trips around town. No traffic or hot sun, with the cool night air.

Yep.

I loved Thailand in the peace and quiet of the night or at the dawn..rather nutty of me..but there you go..:smile:

DSCN4440.JPG

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yep.

I loved Thailand in the peace and quiet of the night or at the dawn..rather nutty of me..but there you go..:smile:

DSCN4440.JPG

If you see this sun rise 4am you very lucky 

You comment me before but please answer this can you get head trauma with low speed and with helmet on??? 

Archived