Foreign motorcyclist killed in late light Pattaya accident

rooster59

15 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

If you see this sun rise 4am you very lucky 

You comment me before but please answer this can you get head trauma with low speed and with helmet on??? 

Yes-I too was stupid enough to drive thru' the dawn hours (without a helmet) sometimes but the man has died..RIP 

Pace,Henrik.

And yes..I was the mad foreigner who took photos of the dawn..the villagers loved it.

DSCN1134.JPG

DSCN1149.JPG

15 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

If you see this sun rise 4am you very lucky 

You comment me before but please answer this can you get head trauma with low speed and with helmet on??? 

You can easily break your neck in low-speed crashes. With your full bodyweight slamming to the ground, if you land wrong or hit something at the wrong angle - crack! dead or paralyzed.

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes-I too was stupid enough to drive thru' the dawn hours (without a helmet) sometimes but the man has died..RIP 

Pace,Henrik.

And yes..I was the mad foreigner who took photos of the dawn..the villagers loved it.

DSCN1134.JPG

DSCN1149.JPG

Nice pics

4 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe he was not drunk , but a real helmet could have saved him . Not the ones at Big C .  

Conjecture.  Any helmet is better than nothing. Would appear the victim collided with a concrete post, anyway, so wouldn't have helped in this situation.

19 hours ago, Get Real said:

Good Job! Either he was drunk or he was driving at a speed he couldn´t control.

Or maybe he was sober and cut off by a drunk driver, or a dog ran in front of him or he had a mechanical failure or even a seizure ! Guess we'll never know....

Whatever the cause of death he chose not to wear a helmet. He was an adult who chose not to wear one. Why always the same debate after a motorbike accident. One can still have sympathy for someone dying and his family irrespective of whether he made a bad choice in your eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Whatever the cause of death he chose not to wear a helmet. He was an adult who chose not to wear one. Why always the same debate after a motorbike accident. One can still have sympathy for someone dying and his family irrespective of whether he made a bad choice in your eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Exactly - But do you and your family practice what you preach 100% of the time????

1 minute ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Exactly - But do you and your family practice what you preach 100% of the time????

Me no. I never wear a helmet. It's one of the reasons I enjoy motorcycling in Thailand. 

On 5/19/2018 at 11:02 AM, petermik said:

Sad that these "accidents" are the daily "norm" here.............R.I.P. to the young man :wai:

I am surprised there are not more here considering how much pattaya has grown. Seems not long ago to me a big expat complaint was finding a space to park your car on the Soi at the main post office after royal garden was built. It was a front page article on the Pattaya Mail.

When I read these fatality accident reports and what stands out to me is they are usually late at night and involve speed or being on Suk. Rd. The accident seems to be a bit odd to me as that stretch of road is almost perfectly straight.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:56 PM, marinediscoking said:

When I read these fatality accident reports and what stands out to me is they are usually late at night and involve speed or being on Suk. Rd.

True , better chance of survival during daytime it seems.  Better vision , more traffic on the roads so you have to slow down , maybe not drunk etc. 

On 5/19/2018 at 6:07 PM, tropo said:

He made it through 47 years and probably at least a few in Pattaya. You never know when your day will come.

...never know when your day will come.

Yeah ! 

But no need to accelerate it by driving too fast, probably drunk and careless w/o helmet.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:57 PM, tropo said:

You can easily break your neck in low-speed crashes. With your full bodyweight slamming to the ground, if you land wrong or hit something at the wrong angle - crack! dead or paralyzed.

Right. And the older and heavier you are the more severe the outcome of injuries.

One thing that I do now is park my motorbike after dark.

Sounds a little weak but too much trouble out there and a too many close calls.

Lots of guys that I know drinking, in bars, etc and hop on the thing.

Even walking around at night you need to be aware, but I think safer then the bike.

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

...never know when your day will come.

Yeah ! 

But no need to accelerate it by driving too fast, probably drunk and careless w/o helmet.

Yeah, but there's no point harping on about all the stupid things the victim supposedly did without knowing the facts. One thing that can really catch riders by surprise is loose sand on bends. This is common after rain and flooding. Yeah, yeah, I know - he should be more careful. Everyone has lapses of concentration for any of a multitude of reasons. We're all human. When it's your day it's your day. They are called accidents for a reason - they are never planned.

Archived