Newborn baby abandoned at Lampang roadside bus stop

rooster59

Newborn baby abandoned at Lampang roadside bus stop

By The Nation

A newborn baby boy was found abandoned at a bus stop in Lampang’s Muang district on Friday morning.

A bus passenger found the baby at 7am in a cardboard box left near a bus stop on the Lampang-Denchai road in Thanawan village in Tambon Phrabatr.

Rescuers cleaned traces of blood from the boy and rushed him to Lampang Hospital.

Police said an employee of the Mae Moh power plant was waiting for a bus when he heard a baby crying from inside the box. Opening the box, he found the baby and called the police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30345807

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-19

Monty python thought of it first.

'When I was young I lived in a cardboard box in middle of road'

The kid can do some great comedy quotes when he grows up.

One thought I did have, how do they know the kid is Thai?

6 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Monty python thought of it first.

'When I was young I lived in a cardboard box in middle of road'

The kid can do some great comedy quotes when he grows up.

One thought I did have, how do they know the kid is Thai?

No one mentioned the baby was Thai, but I've yet to hear of a falang abandoning their baby in Thailand.

55 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No one mentioned the baby was Thai, but I've yet to hear of a falang abandoning their baby in Thailand.

Quite a lot of Burmese and Cambodians floating around.

Not every foreigner in Thailand is white.

Probably not even 5%.

28 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Probably not even 5%.

Don't know why this subject has even come up. No one has mentioned the ethnicity of the baby, and why should it matter?

In 2016, my wife was contacted by a university student that was 7 month pregnant, but the 'boy' refused to admit it was his and told her to abort it. She was unmarried and did not want her parents to know about it. Her intention was to either find someone to take care of the baby or throw it in an orphanage (wife calls it giving it to the Government house).

We took her for check-ups, took her to hossy when she went into labour, were there at the hossy when the girl was born.

Then after 7 days the student went back to uni and the baby came back to Pattaya with us.

Our little daughter now brings us happiness every day and will one day - when paperwork done - eventually go back to my UK house and have a very good life. The birth mother is in touch with us but has no interest in the child. We never paid her anything for the child and the only expense we ever had was travel and the hossy cost of 30 baht !

My point is there are so many people that would accept a young baby these days into their lives that abandoning one in a box on the roadside is seingly obscene.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

My point is there are so many people that would accept a young baby these days into their lives that abandoning one in a box on the roadside is seingly obscene.

Someone's about to give me their 8/9 year old daughter.

New husband doesn't want her.

This is the way the world works when there is no welfare check attached to a child.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Don't know why this subject has even come up. No one has mentioned the ethnicity of the baby, and why should it matter?

Because if the baby isn't Thai, it has no right to Thai citizenship.

Abandoning the kid, gives it Thai citizenship (apparently), as long as the kid's brown.

And you were the one that brought up 'ethnicity'.

I only talked about nationality.

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Probably not even 5%.

He didn't say foreigner. He said "falang," 100 percent of whom are white.

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Because if the baby isn't Thai, it has no right to Thai citizenship.

Abandoning the kid, gives it Thai citizenship (apparently), as long as the kid's brown.

And you were the one that brought up 'ethnicity'.

I only talked about nationality.

Still irrelevant. Ethnicity, nationality, how will they establish either? DNA? Doubt it.

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

You are yet to hear of a farang abandoning their baby in Thailand? How long have you been here? There are plenty of stories of farang abandoning babies pregnant women wives debts etc farang moral high ground right?

8 hours ago, mfharrison said:

You are yet to hear of a farang abandoning their baby in Thailand? How long have you been here? There are plenty of stories of farang abandoning babies pregnant women wives debts etc farang moral high ground right?

Been here over 8 years and never heard of a falang abandoning their baby in Thailand. Find me one news item where you have read about this happening. Plenty of cases where Thais have abandoned their babies in the jungle, left in toilets ,rubbish bins etc. Not saying that falang women don't abandon their babies in their home countries, just never read about it happening in Thailand. Prove me wrong, nothing to do with moral high ground, just facts.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Been here over 8 years and never heard of a falang abandoning their baby in Thailand. Find me one news item where you have read about this happening. Plenty of cases where Thais have abandoned their babies in the jungle, left in toilets ,rubbish bins etc. Not saying that falang women don't abandon their babies in their home countries, just never read about it happening in Thailand. Prove me wrong, nothing to do with moral high ground, just facts.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/nov/08/couple-who-abandoned-baby-gammy-will-be-allowed-to-keep-twin-sister-pipah

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

oh sorry. didn't realize they specified the place or reason for abandonment. some silly people like me would say it's all the same. abandon a baby. 

Did that couple leave the baby by the side of the road or thrown into the jungle? No? So totally different scenario, but Blind Freddy could see that. Anyway, that couple has been cleared of abandonment, so catch up.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-14/baby-gammy-twin-must-remain-with-family-wa-court-rules/7326196

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Did that couple leave the baby by the side of the road or thrown into the jungle? No? So totally different scenario, but Blind Freddy could see that.

well blind freddy, who ever he is could see it's the same thing. no matter where the baby is left it's been abandoned

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

well blind freddy, who ever he is could see it's the same thing. no matter where the baby is left it's been abandoned

Read the news item. They were cleared of abandonment, so your point is worthless.

Just now, Shackleton123 said:

I wish I had found the baby. We cant have kids, My wife would have killed me if I suggested we can't keep it. 

you can adopt. bit of process to go through but my friend and his wife did and they are very happy

Just now, giddyup said:

Read the news item. They were cleared of abandonment, so you point is worthless.

no. my point is value. they left that kid because he had downs. i know a guy with downs. one of the best guys i know. you see me, i don't quite care what the law says because i know it's generally BS. they abandoned the kid. get it

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

no. my point is value. they left that kid because he had downs. i know a guy with downs. one of the best guys i know. you see me, i don't quite care what the law says because i know it's generally BS. they abandoned the kid. get it

A baby with Down syndrome at the centre of an international surrogacy dispute in 2014 was not abandoned in Thailand by his Australian parents, a court has ruled. I guess this isn't good enough for you?

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

A baby with Down syndrome at the centre of an international surrogacy dispute in 2014 was not abandoned in Thailand by his Australian parents, a court has ruled. I guess this isn't good enough for you?

nope. i was convicted in a court for possession of cannabis when i didn't even have any. the courts can go do one ; ) so what happened to that kid just out of interest? haven't read the whole story. abandoned perhaps . . . 

Just now, Happy enough said:

nope. i was convicted in a court for possession of cannabis when i didn't even have any. the courts can go do one ; ) so what happened to that kid just out of interest? haven't read the whole story. abandoned perhaps . . . 

None so blind as those who refuse to see.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

None so blind as those who refuse to see.

this is kind of on topic. there's a french fella living down sathorn 1 with an 7/8 year old thai kid. he lives in some shitty 3k a month room. the kids full thai not half so not his. pretty sure he has no passport or visa and lumpini police leave them alone as he looks after the kid. looks like a junkie. he often tries to palm the kid off to other foreigners, not for sex BTW just to look after. no shit. figure that out

Archived