CCMiner program on new laptop

Davai

Hi guys

I just bought a new MSI i7 laptop with Nvidia Graphic card for gaming purposes in Pantip and asked the seller to J stall some words program and Adobe 

I notice my laptop have loud sound like it seems the ram or graphic card is working on something

All background program are off but seems the computer is working in the background 

After a few hours I received a notification saying CCMiner has stopped,, when it stop working the loud sound stopped and my computer runs smoothly

What is this CCMiner? 

http://ccminer.org/

CCminer is a crypto miner so one assumes the shop kindly installed it so you would use your GPU and power to mine currency for them.

You should just be able to uninstall it, but what other wonderful stuff is on there?

Do you have a Windows certificate of authenticity? (genuine Windows)

Yes I was told by a friend too the shop might install it on my laptop to mine and use my resources' I bought the Laptop from IT City pantip I asked them to set up my Windows 10 and they brought it to a third party store while I went of to do some other shopping 

After 2 hours my laptop is done I got it back when I went back home I realise its not the original Windows 10 

11 minutes ago, Davai said:

Yes I was told by a friend too the shop might install it on my laptop to mine and use my resources' I bought the Laptop from IT City pantip I asked them to set up my Windows 10 and they brought it to a third party store while I went of to do some other shopping 

After 2 hours my laptop is done I got it back when I went back home I realise its not the original Windows 10 

Oh please.... did pay for a Windows 10 licence? Did you pay for the Microsoft Office and Adobe licence?

Staff at IT City will give you the choice to pay up to 4000 baht for a genuine Windows 10 licence or direct you towards someone who will hack an install for you.

You chose the hack. It's seems your hack has been delivered with some undesirables.

Learn to do your own installs.

7 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Oh please.... did pay for a Windows 10 licence? Did you pay for the Microsoft Office and Adobe licence?

Staff at IT City will give you the choice to pay up to 4000 baht for a genuine Windows 10 licence or direct you towards someone who will hack an install for you.

You chose the hack. It's seems your hack has been delivered with some undesirables.

Learn to do your own installs.

Actually, you really cannot expect everyone to do their own PC installations. It is impossible, due to some reason or other.

The laptop comes with a Windows licence I have too much in my hands and I left it with them to do all the installation 

Anyway I'm formating the HD and doing a clean install

52 minutes ago, Davai said:

The laptop comes with a Windows licence I have too much in my hands and I left it with them to do all the installation 

Anyway I'm formating the HD and doing a clean install

The Adobe and Office were originals purchased by you?

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Actually, you really cannot expect everyone to do their own PC installations. It is impossible, due to some reason or other.

What are you talking about? 

Nothing he has mentioned here; Installing Office programs and Adobe is beyond a novice.

The issue is letting a dodgy third party install dodgy software.

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Nothing he has mentioned here; Installing Office programs and Adobe is beyond a novice.

About this >>> Learn to do your own installs.

18 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I think you have an issue instead of helping giving tips on how to eliminate the unwanted situation but instead you talk as if you are in my shoes and knows and assume I am. That cheap to install pirated product I bought a 80k baht laptop and u think I don't have the money to install  original software? 

My friend I think you are just trolling 

Another example that you better not rely on SW installation by some garage shop/booth.

Joining post #9: DIY.

Don't try to repair/clean the infected piece.

Complete wipe and reinstall from scratch.

It's not rocket science though some learning is required if you are not familiar.

There recently was a thread where methods were described to buy a proper working W10 license online for little money. It works!

On 5/21/2018 at 5:30 AM, Davai said:

I think you have an issue instead of helping giving tips on how to eliminate the unwanted situation but instead you talk as if you are in my shoes and knows and assume I am. That cheap to install pirated product I bought a 80k baht laptop and u think I don't have the money to install  original software? 

I don't have the problem. You do.

I asked you a clear question. Did you pay full prices for the programs that you asked to be installed?

Some Word programs? What exactly?

As I told you before.....learn to do your own installs.

I would never ask a Thai 'technician' to install software for me. They are well known for their short-cuts.

Up to you....

I'll tell you once again. learn to do your own installs.

If, as you claim, your machine has a genuine Windows 10 licence, then pop over to the Microsoft website where you can download and create Windows 10 installation media,  in order to run a clean install; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It will activate itself if you have a genuine licence to utilise the software.

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:30 AM, Davai said:

Really? Is that what you really think or are you just being economical with the truth?

If you want help you should be totally honest and not try to pull the wool over our eyes.

20 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Really? Is that what you really think or are you just being economical with the truth?

If you want help you should be totally honest and not try to pull the wool over our eyes.

Ow dear, somebody woke up the wrong side of bed.

The brother was just looking for a bit of advice, whether the OP installed original or dodgy software is not really your business.

My mum always told me if i got nothing good to say then i dont say anything. I pass that advice to you ? 

3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

Ow dear, somebody woke up the wrong side of bed.

The brother was just looking for a bit of advice, whether the OP installed original or dodgy software is not really your business.

My mum always told me if i got nothing good to say then i dont say anything. I pass that advice to you ? 

You should have listened to your mother.

What advice have you imparted to the OP?

Ah yes...none.

I ask pertinent questions and give balanced advice. 

I didn't make a judgement about whether he chose cracked software or not. I just suggested that he told the truth if he wanted accurate advice.

Perhaps my comment was too subtle for you. "Learn to do you own installs" doesn't necessarily mean pay thousands of US$ for software.

It means keep control over what is installed to your machine.

If you exhibited even the slightest amount of intelligence, you would understand that whether he paid for original or dodgy software is integral to his enquiry.

If he paid full price, then they cheated him. If he paid just a few hundred baht, then he got what he paid for....a dodgy copy installed by a dodgy person.

Either way, lying makes him seem dodgy.  

No you go on and listen to your mother.

Archived