stick to a diet

poanoi

i have found that the only way i can stick to a diet

is to have no food at all in the fridge.

i buy a blend 7/11 dish for breakfast and another blend 7/11 dish for snack until 5 pm,

and 5pm i go and eat soup.

that sums up my life, when i ever i buy food and stock up the fridge,

i just keep eating every hour until the fridge is empty

What your talking about is (in a way) how i stick to my diet. I do have a fridge full of food but I just don't buy stuff like chocolate and other stuff. I make sure there is only healthy food there. This way its easier not to cheat. Luckily I don't have to go to extreme measures like you. 

Your idea is great and many people remove triggers that will hurt their diet plans.  I know I am trying to figure out how to get rid of cheat days with some old friends.  I just don't want the day anymore and hints didn't work. Confrontation didn't work.   My friend is sick and insist it is his right to enjoy crapola food and his friends should join cause he is taking his medicine and getting well.  He is completely delusional TypeII diabetic who has had a stroke.  I really have problems with the whole thing.  

So I understand removing triggers that cause you to go off the diet.  You have a unique plan and congrats to you for working it out.

2 hours ago, dontoearth said:

Your idea is great and many people remove triggers that will hurt their diet plans.  I know I am trying to figure out how to get rid of cheat days with some old friends.  I just don't want the day anymore and hints didn't work. Confrontation didn't work.   My friend is sick and insist it is his right to enjoy crapola food and his friends should join cause he is taking his medicine and getting well.  He is completely delusional TypeII diabetic who has had a stroke.  I really have problems with the whole thing.  

So I understand removing triggers that cause you to go off the diet.  You have a unique plan and congrats to you for working it out.

Yes its a bit hard to eat with friends that are not health conscious, but on the other hand I don't want to alienate all my friends. Thankfully most are willing to compromise and go to places where I can order stuff that is reasonably healthy and they can enjoy what they want. I try not to eat out too much as its hard to really control what you eat then but totally avoiding social meetings is also not a good idea.   

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Could just get rid of the fridge !

i cant make it without ice cold cranberry juice,

only good thing left in life.

well, that and 1 cup cappuccino

24 minutes ago, poanoi said:

How much of that cranberry juice do you drink ? I mean... a glas.. or a liter.... fruit juices do have a lot of sugar.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

How much of that cranberry juice do you drink ? I mean... a glas.. or a liter.... fruit juices do have a lot of sugar.

easily a liter a day of ocean spray cranberry juice (when available)

1.5 l = 690 kcal

does that also have to go ?

and cappuccino + 1.5 small flat teaspoon brown sugar

20 years ago i did lose weight on 2 dishes of spagetti/tuna/tomato, but i did drink as much cranberry juice as i ever wanted, at least 2 liters a day

I

3 minutes ago, poanoi said:

easily a liter a day of ocean spray cranberry juice

1.5 l = 690 kcal

I am not saying it has to go, it all depends on your other food intake but its 460 cals if you drink a liter of calories. But as long as your losing weight I would not cut down on it yet. When you stall you could take less. Personally I dropped all fruit juices and sugary drinks. 

If you drop the cranberry juice and take an extra meal word 460-500 calories would that make you feel fuller ?

But a diet that is not sustainable won't work, so if you live for cranberry juice it makes no sense to stop 100% otherwise you would give up on your diet too fast. 

43 minutes ago, poanoi said:

Go on a low carb diet. Easy to lose weight and protein fills you up.

If you need specific foods to eat send me a pm and Ill give you my rough plan.

12 minutes ago, poanoi said:

easily a liter a day of ocean spray cranberry juice (when available)

1.5 l = 690 kcal

20 years ago i did lose weight on 2 dishes of spagetti/tuna/tomato, but i did drink as much cranberry juice as i ever wanted, at least 2 liters a day

Juices are a bad idea. 1 too much sugar 2 they dont fill you up 3 they lack fibre which fruit flesh has.

One of the worst foods for a diet.

alright, i will cut down on cranberry some.

i never actually do feel full, its so many years since it happened so i cant even recall

exactly what its like. guessing last time it happened was over 20 years ago

8 minutes ago, poanoi said:

alright, i will cut down on cranberry some.

i never actually do feel full, its so many years since it happened so i cant even recall

exactly what its like. guessing last time it happened was over 20 years ago

Read up on low carb diets. Google "foods that make you full"

It sounds like you are addicted to carbs like I was. I used to never feel full unless i ate heaps and ate often.

• 3 weeks later...

Starting weight loss is hard,for me, cheese,  excellent filler, then over 4 to 5 days as appetite decrease so does cheese intake,just goes hand in hand,until cravings are gone.  Lost over 8 kilos over 2to 3 week period.   occasional take a bite when hunger strikes,but now mostly weight shedding mode

Archived