Pattaya motorcycle taxis told: No more extortion/taking advantage of tourists

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

There are three ways to address problems such as this one: education, education and education. My wife started giving computer education to primary 4 and 5 kids at the local school; in a class of ten, three can neither read nor right. No hopers like these will end up motorbike taxis in Pattaya, where they'll use their position of strength vis-a-vis the naive tourists to extort them while greatly enjoying doing it.

Can you? No, just kidding! You're absolutely right, of course, despite of your innocent spelling error...?

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

.…………...and with a vacant smile, they all said...…..YES!

.....means no more kicking to the head (unless the tourist wear a full face helmet) - the rest may remain as usual as long as fines is not replaced by other and more serious consequences ..:coffee1:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya motorcycle taxis told: No more extortion/taking advantage of tourists

... or else ... we'll have to tell you again in a few months ! :cheesy:

6 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

There are three ways to address problems such as this one: education, education and education. My wife started giving computer education to primary 4 and 5 kids at the local school; in a class of ten, three can neither read nor right. No hopers like these will end up motorbike taxis in Pattaya, where they'll use their position of strength vis-a-vis the naive tourists to extort them while greatly enjoying doing it.

Absolute classic. Don't tell him.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Are you joking with me? Even small cities like Yasothon and Kut Chum have. They are everywhere. First time to Thailand? ?

No! I go to Udon Thani & KK regularly and have never seen a MC taxi, Ubon I have never been too.

"First time to Thailand" Thats incredibly amusing, for what it is worth I have been here 30 years & never seen a MC taxi in either KK or UT, if they are everywhere I sure have missed them!

Have you ever been to any of the places you mentioned? if so, which I somehow doubt, where are all these MC taxis, or are u joking with me ?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

It was designed to issue a strong message - but several top figures were absent.

'we mean business and if you don't believe us just ask Big Jo...hay where's Big Joke?!!!!

7 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

It looks as though your the one that needs educating, casting a wide brush over children that (at present ) are illiterate,how do you know how they will turn out? Crystal Ball gazing?if they still couldn't read at driving age,they wouldn't be able to get a licence to drive a motor bike taxi!!!

Have a look in Google and see some very rich people who succeeded over illiteracy,

48 minutes ago, CGW said:

No! I go to Udon Thani & KK regularly and have never seen a MC taxi, Ubon I have never been too.

"First time to Thailand" Thats incredibly amusing, for what it is worth I have been here 30 years & never seen a MC taxi in either KK or UT, if they are everywhere I sure have missed them!

Have you ever been to any of the places you mentioned? if so, which I somehow doubt, where are all these MC taxis, or are u joking with me ?

Yes I have been there, and I have also been using their service. I guess that was the end of that discussion.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I find it funny when its 50 baht for one and 100 baht for two, good job taxi cars don't try the same thing

When I go out with my favorite quote on TV, she who must be obeyed, I ask how much to ride. When they say 50 baht I ask for both. When they say no each, I say ok.. but 2 bikes then, one for each..probably didn't matter, but makes me feel better..

3 minutes ago, JRUSA said:

When I go out with my favorite quote on TV, she who must be obeyed, I ask how much to ride. When they say 50 baht I ask for both. When they say no each, I say ok.. but 2 bikes then, one for each..probably didn't matter, but makes me feel better..

Nice one Rumpole ?

3 hours ago, Aatsi said:

I live 10 years in Bkk and drive with motosai taxi about daily from condo to Rama 4 it was just little under 1 kilometer and cost daily 10 Baht but all round in Pattaya the minimum charge is 40 Baht so I just wondering why or what make from Pattaya motorbike taxi so expensive in Pattaya?

The same reason that a dog licks its balls - because it can!?

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I find it funny when its 50 baht for one and 100 baht for two, good job taxi cars don't try the same thing

Just a thought...........

A regular Thai taxi has legal seating capacity for 5 persons including the driver. 2 in front 3 in back.

A Thai motorcycle taxi has legal seating capacity for 2 people, 1 of whom is the driver.

With 3 on board he's open to a stop by the cops, the same way a taxi with 8 Thais crammed in is likely to get fined by the BIB.

�ล�าร���หารู�ภา�สำหรั� thai police on a motorcycle

Archived