Without Warning, Fuel Prices Rise To 3-Year High

webfact

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Still a damn sight cheaper for diesel in Thailand than UK where the average price at the moment equates to 53.47 Baht. And that will keep on rising trust me. 

Er, but the UK minimum wage aint 350 baht per day, it's more like 375 baht per hour....

Bit of a difference...

45 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Er, but the UK minimum wage aint 350 baht per day, it's more like 375 baht per hour....

Bit of a difference...

And your point is ? This is an expat forum not a Thai forum, if the Thais can't afford to put diesel in the big trucks that they have on the never never then they should have stuck to the motocy. Me, I can afford to run my Fortuner, that includes class 1 insurance, tax, servicing and filling it up. so can you explain exactly where it is you are coming from ? Or are you one of the myriad expats with a broken down ancient bike who can't afford the tax, insurance & putting a couple of liters in the tank. 

Please feel free to enlighten me as to your plight.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It was 30.32 in Phitsanulok yesteday. Capped?

It's true that prices are up to about 50 Satang higher the further away from the refineries you live.

Reference prices are Bangkok prices as officially published.

Pattaya has the cheapest prices usually,

Prices as published by the Energy Ministry for today, May 22.

The "19 May 05:00" is the date when prices became effective.

Saturday morning as almost. Just no announcement beforehand.

The 29.98 for Gasohol 91 also looks like "tuned" (tax earnings moved around fuels).

http://www.eppo.go.th/index.php/en/

fuel_19_may_2018.jpg

On 5/21/2018 at 8:49 PM, KhunBENQ said:

"Record" prices about everywhere.

Record of course only in this 3 year perspective.

A long period of cheap oil has ended.

I don't want to kill the mood, but I expect the Diesel price will be capped at 30 Baht as it was for many years.

So not much hope that the pickup drivers will rethink their behavior (like running motor at the Tesco parking lot for Sunday family shopping :post-4641-1156693976:)

Maybe the Chiang Mai song taew drivers (baht buses for you southerners) knew something when they raised their prices 50% recently.    A 20baht ride jumped to 30baht.

11 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

And your point is ? This is an expat forum not a Thai forum, if the Thais can't afford to put diesel in the big trucks that they have on the never never then they should have stuck to the motocy. Me, I can afford to run my Fortuner, that includes class 1 insurance, tax, servicing and filling it up. so can you explain exactly where it is you are coming from ? Or are you one of the myriad expats with a broken down ancient bike who can't afford the tax, insurance & putting a couple of liters in the tank. 

Please feel free to enlighten me as to your plight.

If you did not get my point, and it went over your (empty) head, best stick to driving your air conned Fortuner then.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:45 PM, Jeremy50 said:

Good news. Let's hope it gets much more expensive. People should walk when going on errands of 3k distance or less, that's why we have legs.  And imagine how beautiful Thai country roads would be with 80% less traffic.

So farangland is different....?  bored.gif.922a699d4aeb6562b269fcfabbee655b.gif

17 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It was 30.32 in Phitsanulok yesteday. Capped?

https://www.reuters.com/article/thailand-economy-oil/thailand-to-use-fuel-subsidy-to-help-consumers-as-global-oil-price-rises-idUSL3N1ST3KX

The government aims to keep the domestic retail diesel price at 30 baht per litre, Siri said, as the price had risen by 3 baht per litre to about 29.8 baht over the past two months.

Bangkok Post (which is not allowed to link here) has a similar report.

Archived