Hunt on for ten Thais involved in multi-million baht kidnapping of Hong Kong woman

snoop1130

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Assuming the woman who was kidnapped is the one circled between two others in the image above then this suggests she was kidnapped from inside the secure area of the airport, airside.

That would be a major security violation for the entire airport.

They probably would have gotten away with it. Her husband only contacted the police when they failed to release his wife then demanded more money. Greed gets them every time. ?

15 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Why didn't she scream and make a noise at the airport?

If you're airside and being detained by immigration officers and police would you start screaming "kidnap" !!!!!

Maybe she thought she was being taken somewhere else for further questioning and didn't understand what was happening!

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Immigration officer said to be involved in kidnapping of tourist

By Sutthinan Kongsin 
The Nation

a268f6ef0c4ca2654f6b9d4c2e80dca2.jpeg

A Thai Immigration Police officer was allegedly involved in the abduction of a 39-year-old woman at Suvarnabhumi Airport on the night of May 6 for a Bt15 million ransom, Tourist Police Bureau deputy chief Pol Maj-General Surachate Hakparn said on Monday.

The victim, identified as Jincai Chen, was abducted by five people upon her arrival from Hong Kong but was safely released to a roadside spot in Bang Na district 14 days later. 

Four Chinese people, a Thai woman named Wansikan Termthanapat and several other people were involved in the crime, including an unnamed Pol Senior Sergeant Major policeman under the Samut Prakan Immigration Police Office, Surachate said.

Police are seeking arrest warrants but the four Chinese suspects – Wenqui Sun, Ming Song, Dongliang Sun and Meiling Kai – had already fled Thailand, Surachate added.

The gang demanded three million yuan (Bt15 million) for ransom but the victim’s Korean husband, Han Young Lim, who holds Tanzanian nationality, paid just 1.9 million yuan (Bt10 million). When they failed to release Chen, he filed a police complaint on May 18. 

CCTV footage helped police identify the five kidnappers and a further probe found that they had detained the woman at a Bangkok hotel.

They then moved her to a rented house in Pattaya City, then another house on Koh Samet in Rayong and another hotel in Bangkok.

At 11pm on May 19, apparently feeling pressure from the investigation, the kidnappers released the victim at a roadside spot on Bang Na-Trat Road before fleeing.The woman contacted her husband and went to testify to police about what happened, Surachate said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30345952

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-5-21

Just 1 immigration officer? Impossible! How about the entire immigration department on duty at that time. It explains why the woman wasn't hollering for help or resisting her abductors. She was just cooperative thinking these are immigration officials wanting to question her. 

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Assuming the woman who was kidnapped is the one circled between two others in the image above then this suggests she was kidnapped from inside the secure area of the airport, airside.

That would be a major security violation for the entire airport.

They probably would have gotten away with it. Her husband only contacted the police when they failed to release his wife then demanded more money. Greed gets them every time. ?

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Anyway, this is pretty bad. 10 people involved, which means everyone got 1mil baht. Are people really that desperate for money?

More likely the Big Potato got 9 mill and the rest split 1.

6 hours ago, khunpa said:

How do you check in to a hotel with someone you just kidnapped?

Flash a police badge  at reception or book it online before you arrive 

Most hotels have skeleton staff shift working at night anyway

4 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Anyway, this is pretty bad. 10 people involved, which means everyone got 1mil baht. Are people really that desperate for money?

I seriously doubt it was split evenly 10 ways

The immigration police major general probably got at least half of it 

The minions who moved her to the hotel maybe got 50-100k if theyre lucky

23 hours ago, mok199 said:

''Home invasions ''coming to a neigbourhood near you soon..

I don’t buy all the thai doom and gloom on TVF. But if police sponsored kidnaps start to happen a few times a year -  I and many others will be out of here. 

alot of good comments here.indeed why not scream,she must be important somehow for that money.also the husband (korean) .he is holding a tanzanian passpport.that is also a strange fact.released  and the chinese escape.all very strange.will be interesting to see the end result but i know it will be not known

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed. 

A post containing a link to a Thai language news site has been removed.  English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

49 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I don’t buy all the thai doom and gloom on TVF. But if police sponsored kidnaps start to happen a few times a year -  I and many others will be out of here. 

Police major generals robbing and kidnapping people now and people ask me 

Why I don't stop for police checkpoints at night on lonely roads .....

Archived