Video: Same spot different accident but same result - one dead in Suphan carnage

webfact

Video: Same spot different accident but same result - one dead in Suphan carnage

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An accident at a T-junction in Suphanburi was the second at that spot in less than six months.

In December a ten wheel truck plowed into the back of a pick up injuring 5 and killing one after the occupants of the pick up were all thrown onto the road.

On Sunday at the same spot on the Uthong-Suphanburi road a car's dash cam showed a white Toyota Vios swerve into a parked motorcycle and cars waiting innocently at the lights.

This time 13 year old Nawanan died at the scene.

Four people were injured - two seriously who were taken to hospital.

Driver of the Vios Chonthicha said that she was on her way to Kanchanaburi from Suphan. A Yamaha bike cross her path and she had to swerve to try and miss it.

Two bikes and four cars were damaged in the accident that happened on Sunday evening.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-22

Absolutely abominable driving resulting in needless and tragic death. 

Missed the turning but decided to try for it anyway. Dreadful decision.

Never mind fines............deserves a prison sentence for  taking the life of another person.

The problem with all these major traffic light controlled intersections in Thailand is that the Thais are just plain desperate to get through before the lights change, and in many cases after they have. You can almost hear the cogs turning in the space between their ears  "My life is over if I don't make this green light"  Next thing before they even know it themselves their right foot hard to the floor. Couple this with an, off camera motorcyclist with zero patience and a belief in buddha's protection who is prepared to run the gauntlet, and bang....an innocent 13 year old loses their life, R.I.P. As we know, these type accidents happen nearly as regularly here as potions of som tam are consumed.

The so called authorities are peeing in the wind if they truly believe things will ever improve.  

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Driver of the Vios Chonthicha said that she was on her way to Kanchanaburi from Suphan. A Yamaha bike cross her path and she had to swerve to try and miss it.

Did someone with better eyesight than me see this Yamaha bike? I looked twice, but couldn't make it out?

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Did someone with better eyesight than me see this Yamaha bike? I looked twice, but couldn't make it out?

Actually , if you follow the Sanook link there is more video footage. Still not crystal clear what happened but looks like a motorcycle may have come out in front of the white car. Also looks like it was the first bike to be hit. The stationary one was hit afterwards.

Here is a screen shot of the junction so the yamaha must have come out from the 3318

bandicam 2018-05-22 12-30-06-429.jpg

13 minutes ago, Denim said:

Actually , if you follow the Sanook link there is more video footage. Still not crystal clear what happened but looks like a motorcycle may have come out in front of the Vios. Also looks like it was the first bike to be hit. The stationary one was hit afterwards.

Thanks.

I looked at the Sanook video, but to me I thought it was same footage as facebook?

I can see the oncoming Vios quite a few seconds before it careers into the oncoming stationary traffic, but still can't make out the Yamaha that's mentioned?

Am I missing something obvious?

edit: I've realised Sanook has a second video from another angle. Sure, in that I can see that helmetless 'Yamaha' rider now.

From the link, that guy on the other bike seems to look straight at the oncoming car, not register that it's an oncoming car, and continues on his merry way... Bang.....

From that extra footage, I would say it wasn't the car driver at fault, unless she was going through a red light, which isn't clear ?

Shame for the wee lad who was just minding his own business on the other bike..

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

From the link, that guy on the other bike seems to look straight at the oncoming car, not register that it's an oncoming car, and continues on his merry way... Bang.....

From that extra footage, I would say it wasn't the car driver at fault, unless she was going through a red light, which isn't clear ?

Definitely somebody jumping a red light. Must have been just as they were changing so an amber gambler accident.

As an aside, I count 21 Michelin men stuck to the front of that lorry. Most I've ever seen.

Coincidentally I will be driving past that black spot tomottow on the way to Kan. Will take extra care.

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The problem with all these major traffic light controlled intersections in Thailand is that the Thais are just plain desperate to get through before the lights change, and in many cases after they have. You can almost hear the cogs turning in the space between their ears  "My life is over if I don't make this green light"  Next thing before they even know it themselves their right foot hard to the floor. Couple this with an, off camera motorcyclist with zero patience and a belief in buddha's protection who is prepared to run the gauntlet, and bang....an innocent 13 year old loses their life, R.I.P. As we know, these type accidents happen nearly as regularly here as potions of som tam are consumed.

The so called authorities are peeing in the wind if they truly believe things will ever improve.  

impatiance......will slowly disappear .....since impatient people will kill themselfs before they can have children.

In the long run ....it will be a patient polulation.....lets say in 30 million years........

First thing the red-shirted idiot in the green Mazda 2 did when he came out of his car was whip out his smart phone and, from the looks of it, went on to take pics of the incident. Most probably as evidence when he has to make an insurance claim, I guess. Nary a thought to check if people around are ok first. What a complete clot. Really hate these stupid smartphone troopers.

Dear PM Prayut, shut be enough for you to taking a move, forget for a while your election, you decide anywhere who will be the next PM, stop the road carnage, send your police officers out and be taking care of.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks.

I looked at the Sanook video, but to me I thought it was same footage as facebook?

I can see the oncoming Vios quite a few seconds before it careers into the oncoming stationary traffic, but still can't make out the Yamaha that's mentioned?

Am I missing something obvious?

edit: I've realised Sanook has a second video from another angle. Sure, in that I can see that helmetless 'Yamaha' rider now.

Well I have to say I cannot find a link to another video so if there is and it shows what they say, then we have to take them at their word.  Other than that,  we see a white Vigo is speeding and in the wrong lane to even begin to make a turn here. It passes almost out of frame and then reappears as if attempting to make a missed turn at high speed.   If another video shows a bike and her trying to avoid it then so be it!  Still a tragedy. Just another day in paradise and another reason why I steadfastly do not exercise my Thai motorcycle licence.  You are just too vulnerable.   The old saying that the worst set of 4 wheels v/s the best set of two wheels.  Just horrible, like all these fatal dash cam vids are!!!  (Yes, but  I have one too.)  Quite upsetting to see the two kids on the bike getting hit.   I guess we will never see accident avoidance tech on motor bikes and a wrong move by another bike rider apparently caused this tragedy.   The number of people who go through very red lights............

2 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Well I have to say I cannot find a link to another video so if there is and it shows what they say, then we have to take them at their word.  Other than that,  we see a white Vigo is speeding and in the wrong lane to even begin to make a turn here. It passes  almost out of frame and then reappears as if attempting to make a missed turn at high speed.   If another video shows a bike and her trying to avoid it then so be it!  Still a tragedy. Just another day in paradise and another reason why I steadfastly do not exercise my Thai motorcycle licence.  You are just too vulnerable.   The old saying that the worst set of 4 wheels v/s the best set of two wheels.  Just horrible, like all these fatal dash cam vids are!!!  (Yes, but  I have one too.)

If you click on the word "Sanook" immediately before the ThaiVisa News Logo, it will take you to the Sanook news report.

About a third of the way down that page is the video.

However, when you see it you may think it's the same as the facebook video,  BUT,  added on to that same clip after the facebook video, is the other footage from a different angle.

That was what confused me initially, too.

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If you click on the word "Sanook" immediately before the ThaiVisa News Logo, it will take you to the Sanook news report.

About a third of the way down that page is the video.

However, when you see it you may think it's the same as the facebook video,  BUT,  added on to that same clip after the facebook video, is the other footage from a different angle.

That was what confused me initially, too.

Thank you.  Still difficult to connect it all up but it appears she hit the blue bike before hitting the one stopped in the outside lane.  Also, My mistake, White Vios not White Vigo.  Big storm here now.  I will go and turn of PC & WiFi. 

In Thailand, this is encouraged. It increases revenue and Officials can get their pictures in the paper.

Actually, its not just here, all Governments don't give a damn, and love the revenue and photo coverage.   I have said for years, if the Police here cared about saing lives, like , for instance, making people wear helmuts, all it would take is a few days of crackdowns, and a few followups and problem solved. But, no, thats would eliminate a future revenue and might save lives. Depopulation is encouraged also.

Just my thoughts.....

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I agree with you on the car driver! I have said before, Thai's don't stop unless there is a light and some like to go through red lights. The kid that pulled in front of the car looks pretty young which falls into the category of bike drivers on highways should be 16. They say their assessment would of been better "STOP" and wait to see if the car was going to stop not to assume. But also the speed limit???? everyone seems to be going to fast for an intersection, the otherside traffic was stopped!!! 

1 hour ago, peperobi said:

Dear PM Prayut, shut be enough for you to taking a move, forget for a while your election, you decide anywhere who will be the next PM, stop the road carnage, send your police officers out and be taking care of.

With absolute power and article 44 it should be a doddle, but it won't happen.

Looking at the Sanook video the two riders that are waiting at the light to turn right are older than the boy killed. One interesting thing is that the video shows another boy waiting for the green light and he starts to move just after the boy on the Yamaha goes past and gets hit so possibly the car has run the red light, unfortunately there is no video from that direction to show when the light changed

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Thats what I am thinking I looked twice as well and didn't see it.

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I would say that she was at fault as she was driving way too fast to go through a crossing.

4 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Only two fatal accidents at that T-junction in less than six months?! Amazing!

True. I live on a long straight road and in the past three years there have been 18 accidents within 250 metres of my house, some fatal. One car even managed to defy physics and flew through the upper branches of a tree. Quite incredible.

Must have been an invisible motor bike that she had to avoid I looked at it a few times to try and see one" .busy on her cell phone probably. That was terrible she should really be made to pay dearly for that.

Archived