Video: Same spot different accident but same result - one dead in Suphan carnage

webfact

So, I've looked at the Sanook video a few times and it looks like she hit 2 motorcyclists, the one she was trying to miss and then the stationary one that she flew through the air to take out. It seems quite confusing but looks like the other motorcyclist came out of another turning, possibly to the right of the video they have on here. It seems like she was going too fast, or just doesn't know where her brake pedal is as she doesn't seem to apply her brakes and has chosen to rely on motorcycles and the black pick-up to stop her.

Most surely from the Sanook video from other CCTV angles - the white car swerved to avoid a motorcyclist who jumped a red light in the hope of getting across in time.  He clearly slowed approaching the junction, then went for it.  He was hit by the white car first, which then swerved into the poor motorcyclist and passenger on the opposite site.   Tragic.   Rules of the road in Thailand - always expect the unexpected, because it is the norm.

https://www.sanook.com/news/6513534/

8 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Must have been an invisible motor bike that she had to avoid I looked at it a few times to try and see one" .busy on her cell phone probably. That was terrible she should really be made to pay dearly for that.

See post #18 on how to find the second video showing the motorbike.

14 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Must have been an invisible motor bike that she had to avoid I looked at it a few times to try and see one" .busy on her cell phone probably. That was terrible she should really be made to pay dearly for that.

Please read the whole thread for your own sake if nothing else

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Please read the whole thread for your own sake if nothing else

i think you need to read more of the threads unless ive missed some thing, i agree i never saw the motor bike she said she have to swerve out of the way of.

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

i think you need to read more of the threads unless ive missed some thing, i agree i never saw the motor bike she said she have to swerve out of the way of.

See post #18 on how to find the second video showing the motorbike.

5 minutes ago, catman20 said:

I dont know what else you missed apart from the bus 555555555

7 hours ago, outsider said:

First thing the red-shirted idiot in the green Mazda 2 did when he came out of his car was whip out his smart phone and, from the looks of it, went on to take pics of the incident. Most probably as evidence when he has to make an insurance claim, I guess. Nary a thought to check if people around are ok first. What a complete clot. Really hate these stupid smartphone troopers.

not just the insurance; but that as he didnt take the opportunity to actually look at the accident's outcome, he's probably expected the car to do a runner...

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks.

I looked at the Sanook video, but to me I thought it was same footage as facebook?

I can see the oncoming Vios quite a few seconds before it careers into the oncoming stationary traffic, but still can't make out the Yamaha that's mentioned?

Am I missing something obvious?

edit: I've realised Sanook has a second video from another angle. Sure, in that I can see that helmetless 'Yamaha' rider now.

ive just seen the sanook video, it was a shame she should of hit the bike she swerved out of the way from, at least the person that caused this tragic accident would of been the right one to of been injured. 

11 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

So, I've looked at the Sanook video a few times and it looks like she hit 2 motorcyclists, the one she was trying to miss and then the stationary one that she flew through the air to take out. It seems quite confusing but looks like the other motorcyclist came out of another turning, possibly to the right of the video they have on here. It seems like she was going too fast, or just doesn't know where her brake pedal is as she doesn't seem to apply her brakes and has chosen to rely on motorcycles and the black pick-up to stop her.

letting these people drive cars or ride bikes is like giving a child a load gun to play with.

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks.

I looked at the Sanook video, but to me I thought it was same footage as facebook?

I can see the oncoming Vios quite a few seconds before it careers into the oncoming stationary traffic, but still can't make out the Yamaha that's mentioned?

Am I missing something obvious?

edit: I've realised Sanook has a second video from another angle. Sure, in that I can see that helmetless 'Yamaha' rider now.

But anyway the Vios was too fast. And the waiting motor bike did not wait behind the white line. 

32 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

But anyway the Vios was too fast. And the waiting motor bike did not wait behind the white line. 

like waiting behind the white line would of made any difference to the out come 555?

58 minutes ago, catman20 said:

ive just seen the sanook video, it was a shame she should of hit the bike she swerved out of the way from, at least the person that caused this tragic accident would of been the right one to of been injured. 

Are you quite sure you have viewed the correct video

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Did someone with better eyesight than me see this Yamaha bike? I looked twice, but couldn't make it out?

It would have been off camera to the right. Looks to me like a plausible reason for the white car to do what it did. IMO, that car was doing a left turn on red ( legally ) and for some reason ( ?m'bike ) was forced to divert across the road, but whatever, must have been going far too fast.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It would have been off camera to the right. Looks to me like a plausible reason for the white car to do what it did. IMO, that car was doing a left turn on red ( legally ) and for some reason ( ?m'bike ) was forced to divert across the road, but whatever, must have been going far too fast.

Catch up time

There is more video evidence available

18 hours ago, outsider said:

First thing the red-shirted idiot in the green Mazda 2 did when he came out of his car was whip out his smart phone and, from the looks of it, went on to take pics of the incident. Most probably as evidence when he has to make an insurance claim, I guess. Nary a thought to check if people around are ok first. What a complete clot. Really hate these stupid smartphone troopers.

Not an idiot at all. These days have to prove that one wasn't involved in the problem, and the moments after the incident are the time to take photos before a lot of people get involved.

Only takes a few seconds to take photos, then can check on people, if willing to do so. I understand that LOS does not have a "good Samaritan" law, and one can be held liable for any injury if one tries to help. Photos would also prove the extent of injuries, if any, before one tried to help.

If one wants to "blame" anyone, blame the law.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:24 AM, Denim said:

Absolutely abominable driving resulting in needless and tragic death. 

Missed the turning but decided to try for it anyway. Dreadful decision.

Never mind fines............deserves a prison sentence for  taking the life of another person.

Needless loss of lives every day by lack of concentration or just plain stupidity, RIP to the little girl 

Archived