PHOTOS: Second largest Starbucks in the world opens in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Second largest Starbucks in the world opens in Bangkok

CentralWorld in Bangkok has announced the opening of the what it says is the second largest Starbucks in the world.

A Google search reveals the largest Starbucks in the world is located in Shanghai.

The new store at Central World is the first Starbucks in Thailand to offer draft nitro and cold brew coffees on tap.

Photos of the new store were shared to the CentralWorld Facebook page on Monday.

batch_s1.jpg

batch_s2.jpg

batch_s3.jpg

batch_s4.jpg

batch_s5.jpg

batch_s6.jpg

batch_s7.jpg

batch_s8.jpg

batch_s9.jpg

batch_s10.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A Google search reveals the largest Starbucks in the world is located in Shanghai.

The Chinese franchisee said the Thais had a chance to go bigger but they brew it.

Just what BKK really needs these days... yet ANOTHER Starbucks, as if, there weren't already one or more in virtually every mall in town.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Starbucks and stop in there from time to time...  But they're hardly in short supply in Bangkok already.

4 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Has the new Thai starbucksa got private rooms?  If it has you two should get a room. (sanemax/second fusilier)

They may follow the new Starbucks policy in the US of allowing the general public to use the toilets for free, no need buy a drink... 

Let me guess. With all the hype about its opening, despite its size, it will be difficult to get a seat in there for at least some weeks. And, not surprisingly, there will of course be many student groups occupying tables for several hours non-stop ?

Do people realise that Starbucks was named after the first mate of a whaling ship [Melville], that a latte has 400 calories, and who are they trying to kid with that art nouveau centrepiece ? 

Why not just carry some coffee in your Stanley Aladdin  flask, like normal folk.

lts all about image and being seen sitting in a Starbucks tapping away on the Apple notebook while sipping a  coffee with donought or donut(usa) at the ready.

Will probably be  successful until next coffee franchise opens next door.

I drink Nescafe at home. WGA<deleted>.

I have never ever been in a Starbucks,what am I missing,?

prefer Yorkshire tea to coffee,only drink coffee once in a

blue moon,the best coffee I have ever tasted ,was at

Bogata airport,they were giving it away for free,and I

was drinking it without milk or sugar,which i never do,

had several cups,wonder if they added something else

to it.

regards worgeordie

18 hours ago, dundas said:

To be honest, who cares? Starbucks -- mediocre, and overpriced, in my opinion.

Even in The US when I go back I see all these people with money to waste in line in their cars waiting 20 minutes to get a coffee that is not as good as a Mac Donald's coffee (survey proven). But here in Asia where if a store,any outlet of any goods or service that is a TRENDY",over expensive ,chain in America then Asians can't wait to be seen spending their money there also.

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just what BKK really needs these days... yet ANOTHER Starbucks, as if, there weren't already one or more in virtually every mall in town.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Starbucks and stop in there from time to time...  But they're hardly in short supply in Bangkok already.

Obviously they are needed otherwise they wouldn't be built and opened and then very well patronised.  If they weren't needed they'd be empty.

19 hours ago, dundas said:

Tried it once... concluded that it must be an American “thing”... vowed to stick with real coffee. Spend more than 100 baht per day on the real stuff!!

Asia has some great coffee .The French type of drip cup in Vietnam is really good and The French press type .n America or France using Indonesian coffee  grounds is great but it is hard to beat an old steel  percolator using water from a cold stream for a good tasting cup. There are so many mixtures of different grounds from the whole beans that even makes a cup of coffee out of a Mr Coffee drip taste good.

"lts all about image and being seen sitting in a Starbucks tapping away on the Apple notebook while sipping a  coffee with donought or donut(usa) at the ready."

Absolutely you have caught the essence of post modernism especially for the millennials...to be seen drinking in Starbucks with a super coffee on an Ipad . You are it; 'I shop therefore I am' in this case 'I drink in Starbucks I am'  style is everything. Actually I like those big cups of black tea they do especially as outside home few Thais can make Tea ( except trained partners) .      

17 hours ago, redsongthaew said:

Design stolen inspired from the Top of the Standard, High Line, New York - aka The Boom Boom Room.

Here's the Boom Boom Room:

1k7ekzpsiwcqzyff.thumb.jpg.65fed6e393890228e74e69ee920e9ad2.jpg

Here's Starbucks at Central World:

batch_s2.jpg.f0a40898d3d596c8cd5c7902e73e0be6.jpg.d6648c73d5a261843a9f3e2ca63125b0.jpg

They are so different that I can't see even why you think that it was inspired by it let alone stole the idea, look at the lines, they are completely different designs, the only thing that is the same is the colour.

17 hours ago, redsongthaew said:

Design stolen inspired from the Top of the Standard, High Line, New York - aka The Boom Boom Room.

batch_s2.jpg.f0a40898d3d596c8cd5c7902e73e0be6.jpg.d6648c73d5a261843a9f3e2ca63125b0.jpg

They are so different that I can't see even why you think that it was inspired by it let alone stole the idea, look at the lines, they are completely different designs, the only thing that is the same is the colour.

18 hours ago, redsongthaew said:

Completely different.

23 hours ago, dundas said:

Their coffee is way too bitter for me and they do not seem to have anything smoother for my taste

The only reason Starbucks is successful is  they were the first I have had much better coffee elsewhere 

Archived