Error 520

phetphet

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

5 or 6 days now and it continues.

Unfortunately. Seen a few. Just on the edge of usable.

And again this "search index" process is running.

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

Indeed going from bad to worse - now seems to be 500 errors most often and dead in the water for minute or two each time.  Still have the previous alert access issues also.

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Connection refused

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

Just take the forum down and fix it.☠️

Surely the most sensible suggestion, seems something is well a truly causing this forum to be FUBAR 

These multicolored errors are only going to P*** people off including the all important advertisers( i believe TV has them ) who cant be happy

maybe iron all the problems out once and for all prior  to getting a new company to run it because it seems these  current chaps arent doing too well

Come on Thai visa wake up your site is becoming a joke.

Every second time error 520, getting to be a serious nuisance.

Are you trying to get members to check out permanently?

Also advertisers seeing this every day will be having second thoughts about using the forum.

Time for whoever is responsible to be moved to an inactive post.

The solution may be to use AJAX so that new pages of the same topic thread are dynamically loaded. Instead of loading an entirely new page. This would reduce the load on the server.

Also, once a thread page is full and the editing grace period has passed, you can cache that page (or certain content in the page). It only needs to be re-cached if it is modified.

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This was a problem some months ago, then it went away. Now it's back worse than ever.

No other site has it, and it's clearly identified on the 520 page as being a TVF problem.

I don't understand how it can keep happening for days and days and days. 

If it's caused by too much interactivity or something, can't they just go back to a previous version that worked?

None of these problems happened when I joined the forum, so it has to be something the administrators have caused to change on it.

I notice there are a lot of emojis now, did that change have anything to do with it? Frankly, I don't care about all the like etc functions, emojis etc. Also a lot of extra subforums that must be making the site harder to operate, and which I don't think make it a better forum. In the beginning it was just a site for people that liked LOS to chat on. Seems that it's become something else now. Perhaps it's time to get back to basics.

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This Error 520 is happening about 40% of the time now... and this morning a new one... Error 500...

Mods: Is there something up with ThaiVisa's servers ?

#MeToo .........

5 hours ago, bannork said:

Error 520 nearly every time I try to access TV the last few days.

Pete Townsend wrote a song called 5:15. Is anyone up to writing one entitled On the 520?

Great track from a brilliant album, Quadrophenia. 

Archived