Error 520

phetphet

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be good if "Tech Doctor" let folk know the ploblem, if we know we may understand and relax a bit and go mow the lawn, shave twice a day, give the Mrs some verbal, fix the roof, search for that long lost '60's record that reminds you of that cracking bird at that time, or even watch the early black and white Coronation Street episodes.....:stoner:

I settled for giving Mrs.Trans some verbal....?

Some off topic posts and reply one have been removed.

As far as I know tech support is waiting for a patch from the forum software supplier to correct the problems that occured after a upgrade was done last Sunday night.

Perhaps best not to keep posting on this topic since it does take awhile to do it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know tech support is waiting for a patch from the forum software supplier to correct the problems that occured after a upgrade was done last Sunday night.

Perhaps best not to keep posting on this topic since it does take awhile to do it.

So in other words by your last sentence you are advising members to stop complaining about the poor service !!! I find that an amassing statement to make given a family member of mine is one of TVs main sponsors and is similarly having concerns regarding the impact this is having on the targeted audience.   An apology would not be amiss from yourselves given the current unsatisfactory situation regardless of the "claimed delay" from receiving a patch from your software suppliers.

32 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

So in other words by your last sentence you are advising members to stop complaining about the poor service !!!

No problem complaining. Just a suggestion not to bother since management is aware of the problem but it is out of their hands until the supplier comes up with a fix.

Myself I would read the first few posts on the topic and notice it was being taken care of and not bother to post the same thing others had posted already.

something thats gone from bad to worse to barely functioning in aweek without any clear acknowledgement from management.

Does not entirely inspire me to being "taken care off"

Appreciate moderators who i presume do not get paid are doing their best to put fires of compliant out, but its not really their job and a statement from mangement should have been issued a long time ago

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem complaining. Just a suggestion not to bother since management is aware of the problem but it is out of their hands until the supplier comes up with a fix.

Myself I would read the first few posts on the topic and notice it was being taken care of and not bother to post the same thing others had posted already.

Ubonjoe many members on here (me included have a great respect for you).

The management appear to be doing nothing ( except writing blogs ) but making you and Crossy look silly, defending them, when it appears they have left you to carry the can for their inactions.

Appreciate this is a known problem but at the moment it seems to be getting worse.  Getting constant Cloudflare errors and the B&W "Can't display that content" but maybe it's because it's Sunday and internet traffic is u?  Pages taking AGES to load too when it does 'connect'.  Tapatalk is pretty much unusable at the moment too, just a continual 'loading' icon, so not sure if that's related?  Anyway just an FYI, mainly re Tapatalk.  Admittedly haven't gone through the whole thread (page loads just taking too long to do so) so the Tapatalk issue may have cropped up already.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just hope they are not waiting for two patches....?

patch.jpg.18a0caef4a3143d5304d3e5b1362fc83.jpg

In a production site, there are certain measures and procedures that need to be in place for updates.

1. They are tested on a develop, then a staging server.

2. If they pass can will be rolled out to production

3. If it fails there, it gets rolled back to the previous working version

3.1. for that of course you have 2-way database migrations (up and down)

4. You have a complete suite of unit tests. None can fail before you merge the code

5. You have a Continuous Integration platform doing your integration tests on every iteration

6. Of course you use Git, Github or at least similar source tracking.

Anything less than that is just a hobby site.

On 5/26/2018 at 12:56 PM, richard_smith237 said:

This Error 520 is happening about 40% of the time now... and this morning a new one... Error 500...

Mods: Is there something up with ThaiVisa's servers ?

Same for me. Receiving both the 500 and the 520 errors.  Taken me 5 attempts to publish this post. Something or somebody is gumming up the works.

I reported the 520 error weeks ago on a thread, but now it`s worse than ever.  I`m clicking submit reply, but nothing is happening. Has the site been hacked? I will keep trying.

When it comes to computers i am illiterate, know sod all about it.

Seeing this error business getting worse every day, it appears the so-called techies trying to fix this mess are on the same level as me.

1 hour ago, Jdietz said:

In a production site, there are certain measures and procedures that need to be in place for updates.

1. They are tested on a develop, then a staging server.

2. If they pass can will be rolled out to production

3. If it fails there, it gets rolled back to the previous working version

3.1. for that of course you have 2-way database migrations (up and down)

4. You have a complete suite of unit tests. None can fail before you merge the code

5. You have a Continuous Integration platform doing your integration tests on every iteration

6. Of course you use Git, Github or at least similar source tracking.

Anything less than that is just a hobby site.

Wonderful. Then after all that it hits the world of multiple environments and scenarios. If only it were all that simple and we could all Git our source.

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

With the current propensity for getting multiple posts twice is unlikely, more like thrice.

Isn't this glitch a good feature for Team moderators. 

For each post, the end user will have to submit the post twice or trice, which gives all of us a bit more time to think, before posting the nasty comment ?

The 520 error has been very, very frequent today....worst than ever for me.  Plus, when replying to a post you often lose the connection before you can submit/save it.  And accessing My Content takes forever to pull up...if it pulls up. 

Above is when accessing TV on my computer with a 200Mb speed plan.  When using the TV app the problem is worst.

Appreciate this is a known problem but at the moment it seems to be getting worse.  Getting constant Cloudflare errors and the B&W "Can't display that content" but maybe it's because it's Sunday and internet traffic is u?  Pages taking AGES to load too when it does 'connect'.  Tapatalk is pretty much unusable at the moment too, just a continual 'loading' icon, so not sure if that's related?  Anyway just an FYI, mainly re Tapatalk.  Admittedly haven't gone through the whole thread (page loads just taking too long to do so) so the Tapatalk issue may have cropped up already.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the upkeep of the Thaivisa website has been entrusted to a bunch of technicians with a warped sense of humour who derive considerable pleasure, satisfaction and enjoyment from playing silly b***ers with us all!

I`ve struggled to post this. Still receiving the connection refused message.

I have loved being a member of TV, but have to now assume this site is becoming unusable.

Someone, somewhere must know what`s going on, but whatever it is, they`re not informing the members. 

Nothing else can do but wait for any information of a fix on the horizon or whether this is the beginning of the end. Who knows?

I've come to the conclusion someone doesn't like the content of this site and so are attacking the server. too many foreigners posting stuff that doesn't support the establishment.

Archived