Life begins at 72 for American as he calls Thailand "Another Planet!"

webfact

Life begins at 72 for American as he calls Thailand "Another Planet!"

1ppm.jpg

video screenshot

A 72 year old American man has become something of a YouTube star after his first trip abroad following a double bereavement was to Thailand.

Saying it better than the Thai tourist authorities ever could, young at heart Ron Floyd from Oklahoma has a strong message to other old timers dragging their feet in their home countries:

"Get over here - you will not regret it. Don't sit on your butt like I did".

About six or seven years ago both Ron's wife then his mother died from illness within a year of each other. His world fell apart and by his own admission he became a hermit relying on anti-depressants to get through the day.

But after a Canadian friend with a Thai wife inspired him and he received the help and assistance from a blogger and others in Thailand he finally plucked up the courage to make the trip to Thailand.

And it took courage - Ron admitted on YouTube that he is the kind of person that finds it hard to get out of his comfort zone.

"It was the hardest thing I have done in my life", said Ron who admitted being scared and apprehensive.

"Coming to Thailand was like falling into another planet", he said on what was his very first trip out of the States.

Since his arrival he has been taken under the wing of locals and shown a good time in Pattaya and Hua Hin after arriving from the USA in Bangkok.

His first night fresh off the plane started at midday and didn't end until 4am while another night seems to have ended with a "surprise visitor"...

The story of Ron has been viewed by tens of thousands and he clearly hopes that his story will be an inspiration to others to go to Thailand and make the most of your life - no matter what your circumstances.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-23

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, webfact said:

His first night fresh off the plane started at midday and didn't end until 4am while another night seems to have ended with a "surprise visitor"

Oh well.....story started off good but towards the end it went South.

Good on him all the same, at 72

"Thailand girls made me young again"

"Since his arrival he has been taken under the wing of locals and shown a good time in Pattaya and Hua Hin." 

He'll soon learn that those same Thailand girls will teach him about magic. They will make all his inhibitions and dollars disappear in an instant. 

I think the moral to the story is that life doesn't have to end as you age in your home country. While it is still possible to have a vibrant social life with very attractive females if you have Trump-like cash reserves, for most retires this is not possible in the countries where we came from (I came from the United States). Live your life while you still can, because it will be over soon enough and it is best to enjoy each and every day to the fullest.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I think the moral to the story is that life doesn't have to end as you age in your home country. While it is still possible to have a vibrant social life with very attractive females if you have Trump-like cash reserves, for most retires this is not possible in the countries where we came from (I came from the United States). Live your life while you still can, because it will be over soon enough and it is best to enjoy each and every day to the fullest.

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think I'd point to this as a good example until the honeymoon's over, and only if he still has a pot to pee in when the music stops. 

Going full immersion on your first overseas adventure is just as likely to kill you -or at least drain your savings-  as it is to endure beyond a few months.  He wouldn't be the first flash in the pan who ended up back home worse off than when he started.  Or even worse, stuck in a country illegally with no money to get home, or afford even the basic necessities- much less the niceties like health care and that P4P "social life".

72 and he can still do it? He's an old aged pensioners role model.

Just imagine a handsome, 25 year old with a body like Michael Angelos, David gets the cold shoulder from a 20 year old stunning bar girl When Grandad turns up.

Puts me off the scene. Sloppy seconds after Grandad. Being kissed after Grandad. Urgh!

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I watched this Johny guy lead him astray and lead him to the sex dens of Hua Hin. There is a dirty old perv scene where he is feeling up a young bar girls ass while being cheered on by the drunk Aussie trying to boost his views . But he seems a nice guy and I hope you he is not being taken for a ride. ??

2 hours ago, lanista said:

Whats so special about this story?

Just another old sex tourist in Thailand who will be seperated from his wallet

by smiling Asian bar girls faster than he can say....  "incoming twister!!!"

I was thinking the same. What is it to advertise some old fart coming to Thailand having a good time "with unexpected vistors"until the money is finished and he learns that it was the only thing that made him have a good time.

Good for him.

Who wouldn't rather in a Pattaya bar surrounded by sassy and accomodating young ladies than end up bored to death with a bunch of geriatrics in an old folks' home?

Not just preferable, but probably a darned sight cheaper, too.

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

72 and he can still do it? He's an old aged pensioners role model.

Just imagine a handsome, 25 year old with a body like Michael Angelos, David gets the cold shoulder from a 20 year old stunning bar girl When Grandad turns up.

Puts me off the scene. Sloppy seconds after Grandad. Being kissed after Grandad. Urgh!

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hope nobody is as ungracious about you, assuming you are lucky enough to reach 72 and still have a healthy appetite for the opposite sex.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

And please stay away from balconies...

Archived