Life begins at 72 for American as he calls Thailand "Another Planet!"

webfact

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to those who paid attention to the story and made good comments.

For the haters, you have to love it when someone watches 30 seconds of a 15 minute clip and believe they know someone's life story.  LOL.  Hate on - more qualified people than you have tried and failed to get under my skin before you during my 72 years on this planet - HaHa.  Good luck to you in your futile attempts.  :-)

You'd put me right off my connect 4 Ron. Still, you seem to have a good sense of humour so fair play to yer fella.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah. What is special, was that this guy was miserable, and had the courage to move to another country, and find a new life. If he is smart and prudent, he can enjoy the rest of his days here, without being bogged down in the US, where a high percentage of the population are joyless, bitter, disenchanted, saving every penny to survive the month, and frustrated as hell. Not to mention the ongoing war on men, and an environment where this guy, at 72, would have nearly zero percent chance of ever getting any more TLC. So, what is wrong with his move? I think he was smart, and I applaud him.

Hope it works out for him. It worked out for alot of us, who are thrilled to death, to have our home countries in the rear view!

Everyone is posting on the idea that he will be here forever.

Maybe he will fly back for a reality check and work out that a few months a year during his home winter is the best way to go.

In the meantime let him enjoy himself.

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

He obviously quickly soon forgot the "double bereavement"

Yeah - only 7 years - 11% of my life with 5 years in near total isolation.  I'm such a fickle human being!  I should be ashamed of myself, I know.

To the guys who are afraid for him or sure he will soon change and hate Thailand and who grumble on and on with complaints and future guarantees of disaster and disappointment—— get a life. Be happy for the man as all women in Thailand do not leave you broke. I would also tell the thai people that all expats are not old broke cheap a@@ losers. 

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Or be killed in a motorcycle riding crash, or be found having fallen/jumped to his death out of an upper floor building, or find his remaining savings going toward upcountry land and/or a house that he won't own. Etc etc etc.

It often seems to be those who arrive here wide eyed and unawares who end up coming to some bad end at some point down the road.

Nonetheless, I wish my fellow countryman a good future here. Just hope he looks carefully before he leaps.

Not a fellow countryman, but I wish him well. Good luck for when the stars in your eyes fade and you can see the difference between sh*t and clay. I think you'll be needing a spot of good luck, according to the article, you've had your share of bad luck and I fear there are more let-downs coming.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

If Ron got rid of the Father Christmas beard and ponytail, he'd look 10 years younger and even more birds would land on his shoulders.

1ppm.jpg

Nah - had 'em both too long to change now.  ?

I had a friend of mine he went to Thailand with me for the first time abroad in his life at 62 years of age he came back to England after one month then the following year done 6 months at a time he loved every minute had a long time gf there until he passed on at 72 recently, he loved his life in Thailand and here I am about to embark on the same mission 62 but I have my longtime philipines gf already to live there with there is only one Pattaya and one life I will never look back on money grabbing England again 

8 hours ago, impulse said:

I enjoyed my honeymoon, too.

Then real life set in. 

And that was true in both the literal and the figurative sense.

Without a "reality check" he might be in for a "let down" or fleasing. 

2 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Newb alert!

Like a lot of the skeptical, I wish him well, and I'm glad he's tuned in to this thread.

If he takes on some of the warnings posted here in good faith -along with some of those posted in spite- and avoids some of Thailand's pitfalls, and I'd chalk this thread up in the win column.

The nanny states don't prepare any of us for the culture where almost everything's negotiable and just because it's done in the wide open light of day with the cops watching, that doesn't mean it's legal, and won't create huge problems.

1 minute ago, Broken Record said:

He's smiling and looks like he's having a great time, only ThaiVisa members would think there's something wrong with that.

They would rather he be as miserable as them.......

Or maybe we'd be happy as a clam, yet still checking our back pockets to see if we still have our wallets.

6 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Good luck to him.

Hope his money last him,  to the very end.

what a way to go, at 72 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way, way,  better than a nursing home in Falang land 

a few years down the road. :thumbsup:

His kids are counting the lost inheritance already.

Good for you Ron.  But sex prowess isn't the only thing in life.  I'm also 72, and I do muaythai 3 times/week, jog once a week, and do motorcycle track days with lessons twice a week.  I can assure you that I look way healthier than you.  I'm not posting this to blow my trumpet, but to lead you to a more healthy life style.  Your sex life will improve as well.  I assume that you now reside in Pattaya.  There are many good muaythai camps in Pattaya.  I train at Fairtex, and can recommend it highly.  However, it maybe above your budget. Chor Natheethong  is a good alternative.  Believe me.  Muaythai is the best therapeutic for old age.  You can jog on the beach for free.  May be visit a weight gym to improve you physical appearance as well.

Ron: You're being financially exploited by a vblogger. The 'happy, happy, happy' lifestyle you've been led to believe will go on forever is completely unsustainable. Motorcycle accident, liver failure, stabbed by a katoey, hopping over a balcony railing, getting taken for your life savings? Who knows how this is going to end, but this is a train wreck many can see waiting to happen from a mile away. Something tells me 'Steve' won't be around when the s**** hits the fan either. I'm happy for you and wish you the best, but you need to slow down, develop a non-bar oriented lifestyle, learn the language, etc. Most of the guys giving you high fives on this thread know what I'm saying is the truth, and are egging you on because you're an American and they'd love to see you fall flat on your face. Just giving it to you straight buddy.

6 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Puts me off the scene. Sloppy seconds after Grandad. Being kissed after Grandad. Urgh!

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sloppy seconds after "Grandad" may be considerably safer than following younger punters. I seldom think about who has gone before me. I assume they had a good time, as well. The poison spewed out against retirement-age men is troubling. Do you expect to live forever? Do you plan to remain celibate after 60?

4 hours ago, blowin said:

I watched this Johny guy lead him astray and lead him to the sex dens of Hua Hin. There is a dirty old perv scene where he is feeling up a young bar girls ass while being cheered on by the drunk Aussie trying to boost his views . But he seems a nice guy and I hope you he is not being taken for a ride. ??

Classy stuff

Good on ya, Ron ! Enjoy all you can, but never put another person in a position where they can access your assets.

Also take heed of the old saying "When in a foreign country, beware of your own" !

The locals may charge you 50 bht for a 10 bht taxi fare, but it will be a white man who is after your life savings.

1 hour ago, Broken Record said:

As long as he doesn't join this forum and get infected with negativity from the continuous whining, he'll be fine.

What you mean like this?

No worries we'll sort him out to the Thailand facts in no time. Red or blue pill?

Archived