"Bugger off! - we own the beach here" Thai "mafia" tell Indians before assault near Pattaya police station

webfact

"Bugger off! - we own the beach here" Thai "mafia" tell Indians before assault near Pattaya police station

2pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

Siam Chon News reported that an Indian businessman was assaulted by "beach mafia" after his group brought along their own mat and sat down to take in the midnight air on Pattaya beach this morning.

Baldeep Singh Gulati, 41, was hit in the face and knocked down in the incident that occurred just 100 meters from the Pattaya police station.

Rinlada Klahan, 29, said that the victim and another Indian friend were with her and her elder sister. Another Indian came up and started an argument and Thais got involved.

They were chased away as the Thais said "this part of the beach has an owner".

She suspected it was people connected to vendors who rent out mats to sit on.

The police found no one to arrest and advised the Indian to make a report and they would follow it up.

Siam Chon called the attack the work of the beach mafia at the resort.

Source: Siam Chon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-23

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, webfact said:

brought along their own mat and sat down

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

was hit in the face and knocked down in the incident

But he was sat down !! Was he knocked from a sitting position to a prone position ?? 

Mat Mafia Mayhem...

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

sat down to take in the midnight air on Pattaya beach 

Yes, that heady combination of diesel fumes, somtum and cheap perfume. Like taking the waters at lourdes.

Two days ago we get the cops telling the motorbike taxis to behave themselves, which they probably won't. Now it is the mafia on the beach behaving badly. Don't forget the street vendors, who aren't averse to getting aggressive when you don't buy their crap. I am not even going to start on the taxis.The amount of poor behaviour by those who make a living from tourism is really disgraceful. All the time those who actually do get caught get off with a wai and 500 Baht fine, expect to see a whole lot more from the whole sorry lot of them.

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

so already its a bash the indians thread, leave it out

No bashing from me - i said misunderstanding which is all too common here between tourists and local Thai.

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

The police found no one to arrest and advised the Indian to make a report and they would follow it up.

Everyone at the inactive post dept. is busy, please leave a message after the beep.

10 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Two days ago we get the cops telling the motorbike taxis to behave themselves, which they probably won't. Now it is the mafia on the beach behaving badly. Don't forget the street vendors, who aren't averse to getting aggressive when you don't buy their crap. I am not even going to start on the taxis.The amount of poor behaviour by those who make a living from tourism is really disgraceful. All the time those who actually do get caught get off with a wai and 500 Baht fine, expect to see a whole lot more from the whole sorry lot of them.

An Indian "businessman" (whatever that means) got in an argument with another "Indian " man, and was then chased away. 

Thats two non-Thais fighting, and some how its beach mafia behaving badly.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

But he was sat down !! Was he knocked from a sitting position to a prone position ?? 

Mat Mafia Mayhem...

you must have a very boring life............ or just regret that you were not a lawyer 

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

An Indian "businessman" (whatever that means) got in an argument with another "Indian " man, and was then chased away. 

Thats two non-Thais fighting, and some how its beach mafia behaving badly.

You might want to read the story again. It says,  an Indian businessman was assaulted by "beach mafia" 

It goes on to say, "They were chased away as the Thais said "this part of the beach has an owner".

To me, that says beach mafia behaving badly.

5 hours ago, Orac said:

No bashing from me - i said misunderstanding which is all too common here between tourists and local Thai.

It's no misunderstanding, it's pure thuggery. There is so,.so much of it here from so many different groups of sellers, vendors, taxi, tuk tuk, beach, boat, jet skis.. it's an endless list of people.. 

I suspect there are very few misunderstandings, it's plain bullying and thuggery with a healthy dose of extortion for good measure.

Just my opinion tho

This Indian man came with his wife, at least these beach Mafia could have spared them.

Good thing about Russians, they use towels for everything including sunbath, umbrella, etc. Indians are not smart enough and bring the mat for battle.

First time i see a good hearted Thai lady explaining the situation as witness to the news.

Generally Thai's defend Thai's at this situation against foreigners. So, still some worth people are here to help.

ThaiVisa orchestrated Indian-bash will continue for sure.

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Mat Mafia Mayhem...

Better knocked down that knocked up.

15 years ago attaya, was not that bad, now with Phuket is my favourite place to avoid at all costs. What with Thai Taxis, Street vendors, etrc etc, rather pay more and go to better places for a beach holiday than Thailand again I can tell you. 

It's no misunderstanding, it's pure thuggery. There is so,.so much of it here from so many different groups of sellers, vendors, taxi, tuk tuk, beach, boat, jet skis.. it's an endless list of people.. 
I suspect there are very few misunderstandings, it's plain bullying and thuggery with a healthy dose of extortion for good measure.
Just my opinion tho

No jet skis, vendors or boats around at midnight on Pattaya beach. It turns into the Coconut bar which is why I suggest there might have been a misunderstanding of the purpose of an Indian man with two younger Indian females being there.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The police found no one to arrest

what happened to checking the video surveillance around the area and making an arrest? I guess because they were Indian, the police don't care. if it were a chinese this happened to.. the police would have found these men and telling reporters how they are punished to tarnishing Thailand image to tourists. 

Archived