"Bugger off! - we own the beach here" Thai "mafia" tell Indians before assault near Pattaya police station

webfact

6 hours ago, Orac said:

An indian man and two younger indian women on Pattaya beach at midnight - maybe a misunderstanding about why they were there?

Right. They are clearly at fault because they exist.  Victim blaming supreme 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, chrisandersen said:

It's no misunderstanding, it's pure thuggery. There is so,.so much of it here from so many different groups of sellers, vendors, taxi, tuk tuk, beach, boat, jet skis.. it's an endless list of people.. 

I suspect there are very few misunderstandings, it's plain bullying and thuggery with a healthy dose of extortion for good measure.

Just my opinion tho

it is exactly what happens in country when you have no effective law enforcement - a dysfunctional justice system and endemic corruption from top to bottom

6 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

The RTP seems to have absolutely no control over the local mafia type thugs in the tourist resorts here....... 

Do you have any control over whoever pays you?!!!!

50 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

15 years ago attaya, was not that bad, now with Phuket is my favourite place to avoid at all costs. What with Thai Taxis, Street vendors, etrc etc, rather pay more and go to better places for a beach holiday than Thailand again I can tell you. 

There are many excellent places in Thailand for beach holidays, they are just off the beaten track. Places where few or no tourists visit, hence no mafia, vendors etc. 

Sadly these places are getting slowly developed now also. 

Once again, it is quite obvious that the mafia owns the police here. The police have little to no control over them. And we wonder if that will ever change. 

Of course, even using the term mafia to describe these tiny, churlish, disorganized, petty criminals is somewhat of an overstatement. They are more like child criminals. 

1 hour ago, thairookie said:

Nothing to do with the beach and the mat.  Indians get bashed everywhere in Pattaya.  Even the staff at 7 Eleven bash the Indians.

but why? are they that unwelcome guests? 

let the TAT say NO INDIANS welcome.

This is disgraceful, Tourists,  coming to pattaya and spending

there hard earned cash. How dare you,  Go home,  your not wanted.

But before you go. 

Please leave your wallet and all loose change, in one of the new Pattaya drop boxes.  :giggle:

Drop box.jpg

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Of course, even using the term mafia to describe these tiny, churlish, disorganized, petty criminals is somewhat of an overstatement. They are more like child criminals. 

Yes. not sure how this happened. Maybe the usual Thai trait of thinking they are more important than they are. These so-called mafia are, all the time, no more than small-time petty criminals. Thais do not have the brains to be big-time organised criminals. Well, except maybe the politicians..,,

2 hours ago, Orac said:

No jet skis, vendors or boats around at midnight on Pattaya beach. It turns into the Coconut bar which is why I suggest there might have been a misunderstanding of the purpose of an Indian man with two younger Indian females being there.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What on earth does that mean.

If I want to go to the beach with two friends at midnight what the flying xxxx does that have to do with anyone else.

Standard behaviour from local pattaya thick as dipsh-t local or imported beach idiots believing they are some sort of hero types with the I am Thai so better than you attitude.

One of my thoughts when the tsunami hit Phuket was shame it wasn't Pattaya instead.

7 hours ago, Justfine said:

Why would you want to sit on a grotty beach in the first place?

I would to view the full moon. Perhaps to see the fortnight moon if I only wanted half the excitement.

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

But he was sat down !! Was he knocked from a sitting position to a prone position ?? 

Mat Mafia Mayhem...

You are thinking too much. Further, news is only good if it sells and attracts comments!

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Once again, it is quite obvious that the mafia owns the police here. The police have little to no control over them. And we wonder if that will ever change. 

Didn't you....in another post literally 2 hours ago say you were glad you left your western country behind?

9 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Didn't you....in another post literally 2 hours ago say you were glad you left your western country behind?

You can take the man our of his western country but cannot take take the western mindset out the man, or something like that?

Such disgusting attacks against foreigners in Pattaya need to be largely relayed on international social media......

....it's really about time the Pattaya Mafia Defence Squad stopped spitting on the hands that feed them,  as all tourists do bring in money, directly or indirectly.

On 5/23/2018 at 9:24 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Option 1 at the moment, that's why I just post irrelevant drivel on TVF ?

I admire a man who owns up to the truth !    and good choice,  i hate lawyers  !!

Archived